Content Submissions, Suggestions and Comments

For discussion of and submissions for the EvaGeeks Wiki and Commentary. Open to all posters.

Moderators: UrsusArctos, Board Staff

Blockio
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

Re: Content Submissions, Suggestions and Comments

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Tue Dec 17, 2019 5:37 pm

I think there was a second one actually. I briefly thought about buying it as well, but waited to see how the first one was, and after reading it, I decided not to
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
Your point of view is horny, and biased. ~ glitz2hard
What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:00 am

There's a similar book by the Keroro Gunsou dude but it has nothing to do with the Takezaki one

https://www.darkhorse.com/Books/21-363/ ... ribute-TPB
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Blockio
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Fri Dec 20, 2019 5:24 pm

I stand corrected. That is in fact the book I bought, it was the other way around; I read the Takezaki sketches in this one, was not exactly impressed and decided not to get the book that featured mainly him
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

MarqFJA87
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby MarqFJA87 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:37 pm

Still waiting for a response to this question.

Also, I discovered a possible issue with the Nansha Islands article. While its claim in the Notes section that "Nansha" is the Chinese name of the island group is true, the conclusion drawn from it that its usage implies China won the war with Vietnam over the islands seems hasty, because it just so happens that the real-life Japanese name of the island group in Japanese (which, obviously, is the language of the original show) is 南沙諸島 (Nansha-tou). In other words, referring to it as "Nansha" tells us nothing about who won the Sino-Vietnamese war over the islands and who attained de facto control over it afterwards.

If nobody has any objection, I would like to amend that section of the article to remove that unfounded conclusion, or at least note the ambiguity of the name and thus the uncertainty of the conclusion.
"Our magic is not omnipotent. A little bit of courage is the true magic."
–Negi Springfield, Negima: Magister Negi Magi

"Where there is distress, therein lies a story. Where there is a story, therein lies a will. And wherever there is a will, therein lies a soul."
–Evangeline A.K. McDowell, Negima: Magister Negi Magi

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:06 am

Thanks for the comments. I've accordingly improved the Nansha Islands article, and I've added the Kanji that you provided to the name. Thanks for spotting that, that page is so ancient that I didn't think we'd see much of it! (It's also mostly the work of the infamous V, who routinely filled wiki articles with baseless speculation and utter nonsense)

As for the Rei article dates, I'm sorry it took so long for anyone to respond to your question. I think it was because of confusion about the dates of when Rei was first seen, 2008 or 2010. I've changed the dates accordingly, although I probably should go and rewatch Episode 21 and get all those dates in order.
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

pepejohn123
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby pepejohn123 » Sat Mar 27, 2021 12:17 am

I noticed that both Rei and Asuka have some mistakes in the voice cast information, specifically with the Spanish ones. The Latin American Spanish voices are the correct ones, but the voices from the Spain Spanish dub are incorrect, those are from later Latin American redubs.
Rei's Spanish voice is Joël Mulachs, and Asuka's Spanish voice is Ana Pallejà.

UrsusArctos

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Sat Mar 27, 2021 4:48 pm

Thank you, I've corrected the information on both pages accordingly. Is Gaby Ugarte in the Latin American redub related to Victor Ugarte (Shinji)?
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

pepejohn123
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby pepejohn123 » Sun Mar 28, 2021 12:45 am

They're brothers ^_^ . Kind of funny, but at the end they're are very competent and professional voice actors.

UrsusArctos

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:47 pm

No wonder. By the way, the word used in English for "brother and sister" or "brothers and sisters" is "siblings". Unlike Spanish, English does not use "brothers" as a plural for mixed genders.

MarqFJA87
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby MarqFJA87 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:26 am

The Shinji Ikari Raising Project-exclusive characters could benefit from actual descriptions of what they are like. This might be a good start, but it's better to have the descriptions written by someone who both played the game and read the manga, right?

"Where there is distress, therein lies a story. Where there is a story, therein lies a will. And wherever there is a will, therein lies a soul."

Zusuchan
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Zusuchan » Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:55 pm

I haven't played the game, so I guess that rules me out. Though do they appear in the game as well, then?

MarqFJA87
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby MarqFJA87 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:35 pm

View Original PostZusuchan wrote:I haven't played the game, so I guess that rules me out. Though do they appear in the game as well, then?

Yes; the manga is an adaptation of the game. They're even possible love interests of Shinji.

Zusuchan
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Zusuchan » Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:47 pm

I hadn't known they appeared in the game, that's all. I have read SIRP, so I know that they were "hinted" to be into Shinji.

FelipeFritschF
Armisael
Armisael

•      
  •      

Postby FelipeFritschF » Thu May 20, 2021 12:19 am

Do we have a source for the characters' heights? There seems to be conflicts. This page lists some but no sources. I just checked Chronicle and it doesn't have them either, see:

SPOILER: Show

https://wiki.evageeks.org/Evangelion_Character_Designs

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Thu May 20, 2021 3:51 am

You could try the extended discussion in this very forum:
thread/2963/Character-Heights/

You could try Google, like this, for instance.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

FelipeFritschF
Armisael
Armisael

•      
  •      

Postby FelipeFritschF » Thu May 20, 2021 4:25 am

I meant if there was something official specifically stating it. I recall seeing Asuka listed as being 159cm tall somewhere. But I guess that'll have to do, thanks.

MarqFJA87
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby MarqFJA87 » Thu May 20, 2021 7:50 am

View Original PostFelipeFritschF wrote:I meant if there was something official specifically stating it. I recall seeing Asuka listed as being 159cm tall somewhere. But I guess that'll have to do, thanks.

She's 157 in Rebuild.

Blockio
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Thu May 20, 2021 3:23 pm

View Original PostMarqFJA87 wrote:The Shinji Ikari Raising Project-exclusive characters could benefit from actual descriptions of what they are like. This might be a good start, but it's better to have the descriptions written by someone who both played the game and read the manga, right?

Bit of an older tangent; I was going over that page a bit ago, added some info on them.

MarqFJA87
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby MarqFJA87 » Thu Nov 11, 2021 9:27 am

The Extracanonical Characters page could benefit from the information within the currently untranslated illustrations that I presented here.

Blockio
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Tue Nov 16, 2021 3:36 pm

These are not extracanonical, these are just unofficial; Eva Fix is what amounts to just being an elaborate fanfiction, with no involvement of Gainax, khara or any other party that would justify them being on our wiki

Return to “Wiki Editing and Discussion”