the posture of eva01 when it rises into space and the time elapsed until "one more final"

For serious and at times in-depth discussions only, covering the original TV series, the movies End of Evangelion and Death & Rebirth.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
Lickitung
Embryo

the posture of eva01 when it rises into space and the time elapsed until "one more final"

•      
  •      

Postby Lickitung » Mon May 17, 2021 1:30 pm

Hi guys, The first time I saw this scene it seemed somewhat gloomy, but watching the movie again I was struck by certain graphic details of the eva01, look at the next image

1. Image

the eva01 hull has probably disintegrated, one way or another it is just a shell.

2. the eva01 is too far, it has even surpassed the sun in distance from the earth, the distance between the earth and the sun is approximately 149,600,000 km. taking this into consideration, Do you think the next "one more final" scene happened a long time after the third impact?, the speed of the eva01 is normal, so it seems unlikely to me that eva01 used teleportation just to show up in that part of the universe...

Archer
Matarael
Matarael

Re: the posture of eva01 when it rises into space and the time elapsed until "one more final"

•      
  •      

Postby Archer » Mon May 17, 2021 2:05 pm

1. The helmet’s been cracked off, pretty sure the blue thing in the middle is supposed to be hair. The fact that it’s that long could imply that Unit 1’s been floating in space for quite some time, because obviously the few times we’ve seen Unit 1 without a helmet there was no hair.

2. Space (specifically, the long distances of space) are rarely accurately depicted in fiction. I wouldn’t read too far into it technically not making any sense.

Blockio
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

Re: the posture of eva01 when it rises into space and the time elapsed until "one more final"

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Mon May 17, 2021 5:50 pm

Yeah, what Archer said. The helmet is gone, the blue stuff is her hair, and with how awful EoE is about its sizes, far more likey than not there isn't any meaning to the specifics of it beyond "this is on an incomprehensibly massive scale"
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
Your point of view is horny, and biased. ~ glitz2hard
What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

Return to “Evangelion TV Series + EoE Discussion”