Official "Hello/Goodbye" Thread!

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

ninjamaster
Embryo

Re: Official "Hello/Goodbye" Thread!

•      
  •      

Postby ninjamaster » Sat May 01, 2021 6:32 am

Hello , I'm new here . My name is Guglielmo from Italy and I have been a lifelong fan of Anime particularly Neon Genesis Evangelion,Cowboy Bebop,Saint Seiya,Hokuto no Ken, Captain Tsubasa.

I grew up playing and adoring the Pc Engine and SNES,I really have good memories of these consoles.

My fav RE games are:Re 2 (Psx),Re (gamecube) and Re Rebirth (Gamecube)

Happy to be here!

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Sat May 01, 2021 7:45 am

welcome. cool choice of Avatar, is that 2B? I looove Nier:Automata
I wanted to try harvesting the rice

I wanted to hold Tsubame more

I wanted to stay together forever with the boy I like

ninjamaster
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby ninjamaster » Sat May 01, 2021 8:01 am

Thanks! Yes 2B ^_^

Gus Hanson
Authentic Wizard
Authentic Wizard

•      
  •      

Postby Gus Hanson » Sat May 01, 2021 11:15 pm

I'm drained. I don't wish to watch the final Eva movie and I don't hold the same esteem for anime that I used to. I know that I always say these statements then return like nothing happened but there's got to be more to life than just tapping away at keyboards all day and I intend to find it. To my homie Blockio, you know where to find me at Discord so we can at least finish the Seed marathon. To the rest of you, it's been a privilege to last this long on this site with you. So long, all of Evangelion!
"Damn it! Who do I have to screw around here just to get a stupid story?!" - Gail Hailstorm, author of the book You're Dead, I'm Rich (Scary Movie)

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Sun May 02, 2021 5:54 am

bye! may you be blessed with the productivity youre seeking~
I wanted to try harvesting the rice

I wanted to hold Tsubame more

I wanted to stay together forever with the boy I like

Blockio
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Sun May 02, 2021 10:04 am

Take care Gus! And yeah, catch you on discord
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
Your point of view is horny, and biased. ~ glitz2hard
What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

Gus Hanson
Authentic Wizard
Authentic Wizard

•      
  •      

Postby Gus Hanson » Sun May 02, 2021 1:51 pm

Just had a chat with Blockio on Discord and we agree that i couldn't leave if i wanted at least until watching the final movie. So looks like i am back yet again. Don't listen to me anytime i try to leave.
"Damn it! Who do I have to screw around here just to get a stupid story?!" - Gail Hailstorm, author of the book You're Dead, I'm Rich (Scary Movie)

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Sun May 02, 2021 2:14 pm

View Original PostGus Hanson wrote:Don't listen to me anytime i try to leave.
Next time, we'll just have to temp-ban you for a period exceeding 24 hours.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Gus Hanson
Authentic Wizard
Authentic Wizard

•      
  •      

Postby Gus Hanson » Sun May 02, 2021 2:43 pm

View Original PostMr. Tines wrote:
View Original PostGus Hanson#921922 wrote:Don't listen to me anytime i try to leave.
Next time, we'll just have to temp-ban you for a period exceeding 24 hours.

I promise no more false alarms.

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Wed May 05, 2021 7:19 am

You'd better keep your promise, Gus.
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

Lt.WheatBread
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Lt.WheatBread » Sat May 15, 2021 8:59 pm

Howdy, my name's Angelus, I joined just last night and I recently got into and finished '95 Eva. Honestly, I'm pretty nervous as this is kinda the first time I've ever really posted on a forum but I hope I won't be a bother.

I guess in terms of hobbies...I like building model kits and I'm kinda working on a garden right now

I've also gotten into more fighting games recently like UNI and E's Laf++

Thanks for having me.
You give up on yourself then you give up on the world.

Blockio
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Sat May 15, 2021 9:44 pm

Welcome aboard! I spot a fellow model kit builder, what's the stuff you've got so far?
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

•      
  •      

Postby child of Lilith » Sun May 16, 2021 2:49 am

Welcome, Lt.WheatBread.
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

"Happy people can be so cruel"- Claudia, Silent Hill 3

"everlasting, true love, I am yours"- Rule of Rose

Lt.WheatBread
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Lt.WheatBread » Sun May 16, 2021 6:16 am

View Original PostBlockio wrote:Welcome aboard! I spot a fellow model kit builder, what's the stuff you've got so far?

So far I've made mostly only Gundam things. The list of ones I've made so far are Deathscythe Hell, Mobile Doll May, Kimaris Vidar, RX-78-2 and Barbatos. However I did order a Unit 01 model recently.

Blockio
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Sun May 16, 2021 11:28 am

Hell yeah, that's some nice choices. You can pop some pics into the Gundam thread or the merch thread for the Eva-specific stuff if you want to

Lt.WheatBread
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Lt.WheatBread » Sun May 16, 2021 1:22 pm

I'll make sure to do that once Unit 01 arrives, hopefully sometime this month

baldur
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby baldur » Sun May 16, 2021 9:16 pm

View Original PostLt.WheatBread wrote:Honestly, I'm pretty nervous as this is kinda the first time I've ever really posted on a forum but I hope I won't be a bother.

[...]

Thanks for having me.

I completely understand how you feel. All I can say is please don't worry too much, you seem like a really pleasant person.

Starfish & Coffee
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Starfish & Coffee » Mon Jun 07, 2021 6:36 am

Hi everyone! My name's Zach / Star from the Isle of Man, and I've been lurking the forum a couple of weeks before joining yesterday. Although I've yet to watch Eva (only having read about in wikis), once I have a sufficient gap in my work schedule I'll take my time with it :emogendo: . In the meantime I anticipate contributing to discussions here making friends and such. ^_^

My favourite animes include: Madoka Magica, Berserk, Serial Experiments Lain, Haibane Renmei and the works of Satoshi Kon. I'm into a good deal of movies too, of any genre but particularly sci-fi, horror, drama and historical thrillers.
Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, surrounded by assholes.

JoelcrNeto
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby JoelcrNeto » Mon Jun 07, 2021 6:46 am

Welcome! And you just reminded me that I need to watch Haibane Renmei, I like Lain too.
“Like a miracle, life starts with the pain / Forever this will be” — “Heroes of Sand” by Angra.
“É porque nós gostamos de você. Obrigada por conversar comigo. Vem, me dá a sua mão para andarmos juntos.” — Rei to Shinji (Portuguese dub).

EvaGeeks official Discord server

UrsusArctos

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:21 am

View Original PostStarfish & Coffee wrote:Hi everyone! My name's Zach / Star from the Isle of Man

Welcome! I think this is the first time we've had someone from the Isle of Man around this place - at least that I know of! Are the cabbits trotting about in the June weather?

(Alas, if you asked me to name any famous Manx, I would have to settle for Dr. Quatermass and Allan Quatermain, both fictional...)

You've got fine taste in anime, I must say. Any particular favorites among Satoshi Kon's work, or is it quite simply "all of them"?
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”