Lost CN Giant Robot Week censored versions FOUND

For serious and at times in-depth discussions only, covering the original TV series, the movies End of Evangelion and Death & Rebirth.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
AdamMalkovitch
Clockiel
Clockiel

Lost CN Giant Robot Week censored versions FOUND

•      
  •      

Postby AdamMalkovitch » Thu May 13, 2021 7:01 pm

Ladies and gentlemen... we got 'em. Only a few lines are redubbed to remove swearing and other stuff, and most of the visual censoring is in removing cuts like the shot of Shinji's hand covered in Rei's blood before he decides to pilot in ep1, but it's still frickin awesome that we finally have them. They've actually been on google drive since 2019... oops. One super cool thing about these uploads is that they have the 11 minute mark commercial breaks included, it's a pretty sick little novelty if you're a late 90s or early 2000s kid, crazy nostalgic.
The reddit post: https://www.reddit.com/r/Toonami/commen ... _episodes/
The google drive containing both episodes: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... St9jUUld52
I've saved both episodes to my desktop just in case they vanish again. Lost media gang got me thinking ahead.

Credit to youtube channel Michael Alberto for finding the reddit post with the link in this video essay on lost EVA media: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibJnAIx1_-M
*injects Angel blood* I know what the fuck an EVA is now :)

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

Re: Lost CN Giant Robot Week censored versions FOUND

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Thu May 13, 2021 10:47 pm

What a find! Always wonderful when lost media turns out to be... well, not lost! Crazy to think this was airing on television when I was a kid and I could have seen it if I'd flipped to the right channel. Most people growing up watching anime now are probably doing it on streaming services instead of tuning in to Toonami or some other anime block.

walucigi
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby walucigi » Fri May 14, 2021 7:57 am

I believe I've heard about this from somewhere a while ago (maybe back on reddit?), so I'm glad it finally turned up! I still can't get over the fact that this was aired on CN... Thanks for sharing man! ^_^
currently: @ school
they or he / “get in the fucken robot Shinji!”

FelipeFritschF
Armisael
Armisael

•      
  •      

Postby FelipeFritschF » Fri May 14, 2021 11:50 am

Very interesting to see this.

Return to “Evangelion TV Series + EoE Discussion”