Waiting for Evangelion:3.0+1.0

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
bobgoesw00t
Lilith

Re: Waiting for Evangelion:3.0+1.0

•      
  •      

Postby bobgoesw00t » Tue May 04, 2021 3:27 pm

View Original PostWunderBah wrote:
View Original PostRaikyu#921907 wrote:We're three now.

4th :shifty:

Really hope we'll get more news on the NGE blu ray release soon. We're more than several weeks away from summer and still ???

You can make that five now as you can include me! Gonna be getting a copy of Resident Evil Village this week so that should hold me over for a bit. Still need to get Kingdom Hearts Melody of Memory and an Xbox Series X but IT'S IMPOSSIBLE TO FIND ONE xD
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!

Kiiwiibird
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Kiiwiibird » Wed May 05, 2021 4:02 am

WunderBah wrote:We're more than several weeks away from summer and still ???

cries in southern hemisphere
Asuka or Bust

bobgoesw00t
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby bobgoesw00t » Wed May 05, 2021 5:08 pm

View Original PostKiiwiibird wrote:
View Original PostWunderBah wrote:We're more than several weeks away from summer and still ???

cries in southern hemisphere

*opens a portal like Blink, sends arm through and pats head* Dar dar, I know that feeling bro. :3
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!

baldur
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby baldur » Fri May 07, 2021 1:24 pm

View Original Postbaldur wrote:I'm not optimistic about 3.0+1.0 getting screenings here in Iceland. The one chance would be with our local art-house theater, but they tend to only screen anime stuff on rare occasions, like special "Japense Film Days" events or other collaborations with the Japanese embassy.

:shinji_boohoo:

Haha, okay, so update on this: one of Iceland's main cinema chains just announced that they'll be screening the Demon Slayer film. I'm kind of at a loss for words, I was absolutely not expecting that. Anime being shown in major commercial cinemas over here is surreal to say the least. This makes me quite a bit more optimistic about the potential of a 3.0+1.0 screening here.

Warren Peace
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Warren Peace » Fri May 07, 2021 9:44 pm

There is no Evangelion 3.0+1.0. Everyone claiming to have seen it are in on the joke. Only trailers exist. This is Anno's revenge for people having written mean e-mails twenty years ago.

It's the only thing that makes sense.

ChaddyManPrime
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Fri May 07, 2021 11:34 pm

3.0 + 1.0 was the enemies Anno has made along the way.
"Look at Me!, I'm Mr. MeeSeeks!" - Mr. MeeSeeks

You know nothing, Jon Snow - Chuckman

Joseki
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby Joseki » Sat May 08, 2021 6:59 am

3.0+1.0 will only release when we change the rules of math and the result is anything but 4.0.

GhostlyOcam
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby GhostlyOcam » Sat May 08, 2021 9:27 am

On a not-so-related news, Rurouni Kenshin: The Final is coming to Netflix early in some selected regions (Netflix Asia and Latin America) including Indonesia, which is kinda weird considering the franchise is quite popular in here and would've raked in some sweet theatrical money.

It's a WB Japan property tho so it doesn't indicate anything about Shin Eva.
Breathe the air, take in the feeling of peace and harmony.

Erufailon4
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Erufailon4 » Sat May 08, 2021 11:26 am

View Original Postbaldur wrote:Haha, okay, so update on this: one of Iceland's main cinema chains just announced that they'll be screening the Demon Slayer film. I'm kind of at a loss for words, I was absolutely not expecting that. Anime being shown in major commercial cinemas over here is surreal to say the least. This makes me quite a bit more optimistic about the potential of a 3.0+1.0 screening here.

It's worth noting that Demon Slayer is only getting wide Nordic releases because the film is distributed in Europe by Wakanim, a subsidiary of Funimation/Aniplex. And since Khara and Funimation don't seem to be on very good terms, 3.0+1.0 being distributed by them doesn't seem likely.

baldur
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby baldur » Sat May 08, 2021 3:44 pm

View Original PostErufailon4 wrote:It's worth noting that Demon Slayer is only getting wide Nordic releases because the film is distributed in Europe by Wakanim, a subsidiary of Funimation/Aniplex. And since Khara and Funimation don't seem to be on very good terms, 3.0+1.0 being distributed by them doesn't seem likely.

I see. Thanks for pointing that out, even if you've dashed my hopes just a little...

Still, could the wide international release of Demon Slayer mean good things for the potential of a wide international 3.0+1.0 release?

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Sat May 08, 2021 4:54 pm

It's worth noting that Demon Slayer is a big international juggernaut of Japanese animation, it's basically the new 20's Naruto in terms of popularity. OTOH, despite being extremely popular in Japan, Evangelion is still pretty niche in the rest of the world.
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

Raikyu
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Raikyu » Sat May 08, 2021 6:03 pm

View Original PostElMariachi wrote:It's worth noting that Demon Slayer is a big international juggernaut of Japanese animation, it's basically the new 20's Naruto in terms of popularity. OTOH, despite being extremely popular in Japan, Evangelion is still pretty niche in the rest of the world.

I was hoping that despite being more niche than Demon Slayer, Evangelion's "history" of being distributed in the rest of the world, in the last 20 years, could speed things up, but I guess that's not the case.

Italyzpizza
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Italyzpizza » Sat May 08, 2021 6:49 pm

View Original PostErufailon4 wrote:
View Original Postbaldur#922260 wrote:Haha, okay, so update on this: one of Iceland's main cinema chains just announced that they'll be screening the Demon Slayer film. I'm kind of at a loss for words, I was absolutely not expecting that. Anime being shown in major commercial cinemas over here is surreal to say the least. This makes me quite a bit more optimistic about the potential of a 3.0+1.0 screening here.

It's worth noting that Demon Slayer is only getting wide Nordic releases because the film is distributed in Europe by Wakanim, a subsidiary of Funimation/Aniplex. And since Khara and Funimation don't seem to be on very good terms, 3.0+1.0 being distributed by them doesn't seem likely.

Personally, I'm more focused on a bluray release stateside. And I'm still a bit hopeful that a dub will be made for the film, though if Khara and Funimation aren't on good terms...

hui43210
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby hui43210 » Sat May 08, 2021 8:12 pm

There will be a dub for Shin, it just probably won't be FUNimation.
I mean, predictability is the central attraction and the narrative hook that we've all come to expect from the Evangelion franchise. How come Anno can't realize this? Twice? - FreakyFilmFan4ever

Italyzpizza
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Italyzpizza » Sat May 08, 2021 8:24 pm

View Original Posthui43210 wrote:There will be a dub for Shin, it just probably won't be FUNimation.

Well, I still hope that Spike, Tiffany, and Allison will get to reprise their roles.

And honestly, I'd take Funimation over Netflix.

hui43210
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby hui43210 » Sat May 08, 2021 9:56 pm

View Original PostItalyzpizza wrote:
View Original Posthui43210#922332 wrote:There will be a dub for Shin, it just probably won't be FUNimation.

Well, I still hope that Spike, Tiffany, and Allison will get to reprise their roles.

And honestly, I'd take Funimation over Netflix.

I'm other side of the fence and hope nobody related to FUNimation or the original dub is ever allowed near the franchise again.
I mean, predictability is the central attraction and the narrative hook that we've all come to expect from the Evangelion franchise. How come Anno can't realize this? Twice? - FreakyFilmFan4ever

Warren Peace
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Warren Peace » Sun May 09, 2021 5:52 am

Even if one dislikes their work, it would be oddly cruel to shut out the Spencer crew for the last movie. Why change things now? Let them have their swan song, then a new generation can take over for whatever Anno-less incarnation comes next.

Italyzpizza
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Italyzpizza » Sun May 09, 2021 10:45 am

View Original PostWarren Peace wrote:Even if one dislikes their work, it would be oddly cruel to shut out the Spencer crew for the last movie. Why change things now? Let them have their swan song, then a new generation can take over for whatever Anno-less incarnation comes next.

I couldn't have said it better myself.

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Sun May 09, 2021 10:47 am

View Original PostRaikyu wrote:I was hoping that despite being more niche than Demon Slayer, Evangelion's "history" of being distributed in the rest of the world, in the last 20 years, could speed things up, but I guess that's not the case.

I don't recall the Evangelion series of movies being released in DVD or Blu-Ray faster than average, it's not big enough internationally for that. It will be released, that's for sure, but not at a faster rate.
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

bobgoesw00t
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby bobgoesw00t » Sun May 09, 2021 11:34 am

View Original PostItalyzpizza wrote:
View Original PostWarren Peace#922349 wrote:Even if one dislikes their work, it would be oddly cruel to shut out the Spencer crew for the last movie. Why change things now? Let them have their swan song, then a new generation can take over for whatever Anno-less incarnation comes next.

I couldn't have said it better myself.

Well, it's still up for debate on if they'll recast Shinji and the main cast for the English dub of the movie, I don't think they will purely because this THE LAST REBUILD MOVIE. Changing the lead cast for the final movie would not only be insanely petty, but it would make for a highly awkward viewing experience. The only way most fans would accept them doing that would be if they went back and redubbed the first three movies (which to be honest could happen now that Funimation no longer has the license for them) but that could mean delaying the release of 3.0+1.0 so they could do that and I for one won't wait for them to do that.
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”