Primary Sources - Various Inquiries

For serious and at times in-depth discussions only, covering the original TV series, the movies End of Evangelion and Death & Rebirth.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
ssevangelion1995
Embryo

Primary Sources - Various Inquiries

•      
  •      

Postby ssevangelion1995 » Tue May 04, 2021 2:15 pm

I wonder if anyone could possibly help me trace a text transcription of the ADV subtitles? Of course they are imperfect, as all subtitles are, but as the first 'official' form used in the West as I understand it, they will be a useful resource. Unfortunately illness has prevented me from making great progress in my Japanese, although as it improves I will be able to start examining the various (and there seem to be a good many) other translations.
Last edited by ssevangelion1995 on Thu May 06, 2021 9:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
God's in His Heaven - All's right with the world. - Robert Browning
Formerly Ilex crenata - decided name was too personal.

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

Re: Transcriptions

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Tue May 04, 2021 2:54 pm

Replied by PM.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

ssevangelion1995
Embryo

Re: Primary Sources - Various Inquiries

•      
  •      

Postby ssevangelion1995 » Thu May 06, 2021 9:03 am

@pwhodges Replied by PM with sincere thanks.

I have slightly altered the title to avoid cluttering up the forum with threads - I do have another question, if it's quite all right. Has anyone ever scanned the liner notes from the original GAINAX VHS release? Genesis 0:1-0:0? I am not sure if they are still in copyright, but as resources for translation ('unseens' if you like) and deeper appreciation they would be very useful. A forum search produced a few references to Reichu having scanned some of them. I am finding it quite difficult to trace even some, never mind all of them in physical form.
God's in His Heaven - All's right with the world. - Robert Browning
Formerly Ilex crenata - decided name was too personal.

Return to “Evangelion TV Series + EoE Discussion”