Speaking in LCL

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

Re: Speaking in LCL

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Wed May 05, 2021 7:13 pm

View Original PostUrsusArctos wrote:https://wiki.evageeks.org/FGC:Episode_05_Cut_317

The LCL is clearly back to yellow-orange and judging from the way Shinji's hair is standing up, it's back to being a liquid.

If I recall correctly, there are also LCL bubbles in 2.22 when Shinji gets stabbed in the hands by Sahaquiel. (He doesn't get stabbed in the TV series, so I don't have anything there for reference.) I can't remember if the LCL goes back to yellow-orange there as well, though.

I wonder if it was just done for dramatization or if we're meant to think Ramiel was disrupting the internal mechanics that enable the transition of LCL from liquid to gas. Shame it didn't stay gaseous, since water is a way better heat conductor than air-- Shinji could have been enjoying himself a nice sauna instead of getting boiled like a lobster.

YTPrenewed
Adam

Re: Speaking in LCL

•      
  •      

Postby YTPrenewed » Thu May 06, 2021 1:45 am

View Original PostUrsusArctos wrote:LCL really is pretty weird and behaves like air a whole lot of the time. In addition to talking in LCL, there's the moment in Episode 23 when Rei cries in the Entry Plug and looks down at the tears falling into her lap, and we see them flowing down her face as though it's in open air.

Heh, I never even noticed that contradiction when I watched that scene. Must've been too caught up in the moment. I don't know whether to resent how half-assed their use of that concept was or be impressed the scene was otherwise interesting enough to distract me from that. It's like when a dream convincingly lies to you about what some town you've actually been to looked like until well after you wake up.

I assume the whole point of even having pilots immersed in LCL in the first place must've been to further hint at the "womb" themes. The blood of the covenant may or may not be thicker than the water of the womb, but this show mixes 'em.

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”