One Last Kiss Full Version

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
JoelcrNeto
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

Re: One Last Kiss Full Version

•      
  •      

Postby JoelcrNeto » Tue Mar 09, 2021 2:12 pm

Actually, it already has over two million views!
That tweet was posted 14 hours ago.
“Like a miracle, life starts with the pain / Forever this will be” — “Heroes of Sand” by Angra.
“É porque nós gostamos de você. Obrigada por conversar comigo. Vem, me dá a sua mão para andarmos juntos.” — Rei to Shinji (Portuguese dub).

EvaGeeks official Discord server

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Tue Mar 09, 2021 2:19 pm

That's because I kept hitting replay. XDDD

I'm terrified to actually refresh the page tho lest there be spoilers in the comments
I wanted to try harvesting the rice

I wanted to hold Tsubame more

I wanted to stay together forever with the boy I like

Joseki
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby Joseki » Tue Mar 09, 2021 2:34 pm

This is why I loop it on Spotify.

By the way, am I the only one who doesn't hear any difference in the remastered tracks compared to the originals?

JoelcrNeto
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby JoelcrNeto » Tue Mar 09, 2021 2:37 pm

Listen on YouTube Music, there is no comment section: https://music.youtube.com/watch?v=0Uhh62MUEic
“Like a miracle, life starts with the pain / Forever this will be” — “Heroes of Sand” by Angra.
“É porque nós gostamos de você. Obrigada por conversar comigo. Vem, me dá a sua mão para andarmos juntos.” — Rei to Shinji (Portuguese dub).

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Tue Mar 09, 2021 3:17 pm

I got my copy from CDJapan TODAY! That was fast!!!!

Joseki
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby Joseki » Fri Mar 12, 2021 6:10 am

My LP was shipped in the night, it should be here in a couple of days :misato_splat:

Also the video is doing great! 6.4m views (2nd most viewed video on her channel) and 99.6% of likes (1st best rated video).

JoelcrNeto
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby JoelcrNeto » Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:13 am

And Kendrix keeps listening :tongue:
10 millions of views!

Would this be her most watched music video? Hikki's accounts are very excited about the results.

Joseki
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby Joseki » Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:23 am

First Love has 49.5m views, but that's expected considering that the album is the best selling of all time in Japan.

JoelcrNeto
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby JoelcrNeto » Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:33 am

Thanks!
I thought it was strange for the Utada's staff to celebrate so much, I thought Utada was not very successful in her music videos. She is a well-known artist, it would be weird that "One Last Kiss" was the most watched of her career.

Heaven Piercing Man
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby Heaven Piercing Man » Mon Mar 15, 2021 12:13 pm

The segue from One Last Kiss to Beautiful World Da Capo is P E R F E C T

now to get it into acoustic chords
Evangelion, in three words: How Strangely Erotic

Joseki
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby Joseki » Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:45 pm

https://www.utadahikaru.jp/en/news/deta ... ?id=528068

The "EVANGELION:3.0+1.0 THRICE UPON A TIME." theme song, "One Last Kiss," released on Wednesday, March 10 and is doing great! Keeping the top spot two consecutive weeks in two of the digital categories simultaneously for Oricon charts as well as hitting the very top of the multi-genre Japan HOT 100 chart of Billboard Japan for the first time since10 years and 4 months ago, the track is definitely cruising right alongside the success of the film.

The music video premiered just prior to the single drop, on March 9 via YouTube, and has so far counted over 20 million views in just 20 days! The speed has been a career record for Hikaru Utada and is still going strong. The video is of course, super special as it was directed by none other than the producer/creator/scriptwriter/director of "EVANGELION:3.0+1.0 THRICE UPON A TIME." Hideaki Anno!!

The "One Last Kiss" music video is also available at major digital outlets starting March 30. Check it out at your favorite music services including iTunes and Apple Music!

Joseki
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby Joseki » Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:01 pm

30 million views, congrats Queen :cool:

Alan_81
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Alan_81 » Sat Sep 04, 2021 1:05 pm

Why am I the only one? who can’t get that image of Misato’s last and only kiss with Shinji out of my head every time I hear this song?

It nearly always moves me to tears thinking how powerful and full of love that goodbye was? So many others feel she was just manipulating him to pilot again, soo not true, she’s knows she’s dying and only has moments left to live! I also think it only sinks in for Shinji when the elevator doors close and he’s left looking at her blood all over his hands and starts crying. Her death was on his hands “literally” after he refused to get into the Eva and dragged his feet the whole way.

Many say she just manipulates both Shinji and Asuka to pilot, if this was really true then why she care so much about putting them in evas to save their lives?

In the end I just feel this song is “Misato’s” song. And I don’t want to belive a bad thing about her nature, especially after her heroic death in rebuild.

But As seen in the final rebuild Shinji went to the ends of the earth to save all three women in his life. Asuka, Rei and Misato
Got to love that screwed up “puppy” for that “knight in shining armour” complex, it’s only the thought of losing any one of them that stirs him into action.

Why the hell does this anime cut us all so deeply? I don’t feel this way about any other. Maybe because I was 14 when NGE aired for the first time? It just left something always unresolved inside me.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”