Unfinished Artworks

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Blockio
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

Re: Unfinished Artworks

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Tue Apr 27, 2021 12:16 pm

My personal metric for a long anime is anything above 50 episodes; for other media I don't really have any
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
Your point of view is horny, and biased. ~ glitz2hard
What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

Archer
Matarael
Matarael

Re: Unfinished Artworks

•      
  •      

Postby Archer » Tue Apr 27, 2021 4:57 pm

pwhodges wrote:Your tolerance for Western TV series length seems out of step with the other things.

Western TV I give a bit of leeway to because shows that actually tell a cohesive narrative throughout its run are pretty rare, and most of the shows I watched were very episodic with MAYBE some semblance of an overarching plot for the season. It’s around the time TV started getting more narrative-driven and “movie like” with streaming stuff that I kinda stopped watching.

I have actually watched FMA, but I’m pretty sure I only got through it because it was literally my first anime. If I hadn’t already watched it, today you’d probably have a tough time convincing me to give it a shot, though in “retrospect” (is that even the proper term here?) I do think it does well to justify its length. I’d be hard-pressed to find anything I think should be cut out or condensed.

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”