[Merch] Evangelion Figures Superthread [3]

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
Blockio
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

Re: [Merch] Evangelion Figures Superthread [3]

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Sun Mar 28, 2021 3:57 pm

Oooo, now that's a pretty aftermarket accessory.

RG Evas are a bit bigger than RDs or Revos, so not sure how well those would fit; but the RG Evas are absolutely lovely kits, so if that crss is an excuse to get one, by all means go for it
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
Your point of view is horny, and biased. ~ glitz2hard
What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

Archer
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby Archer » Sun Mar 28, 2021 10:46 pm

I saw one listing where they had a bunch of different Eva figures posed on it, but I forgot what site it was on. Thought it was USA Gundam Store but I don’t see it listed there anymore.

PANZER
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby PANZER » Mon Mar 29, 2021 12:27 pm

https://www.figurise.com/rah-neo-evange ... id=1&pid=2

https://www.figurise.com/rah-neo-evange ... -2021.html

Re-Release of Medicom RAH Neo Unit-01 and 13

01 comes with some glowy paint and the spear of Cassius

13 is the same but with a shorter Longinus

Incredibly excited about these! :emogendo:
More useless than The Lost Key of Nebuchadnezzar

Archer
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby Archer » Mon Mar 29, 2021 2:25 pm

Dang bruh, $350 for a figure? These guys made of gold or something?

With something like the Metal Build Evas the extra detail and paintwork can mentally explain the high price tag but this is just a fairly standard-looking Eva figure. What’s its selling point?

PANZER
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby PANZER » Mon Mar 29, 2021 6:26 pm

View Original PostArcher wrote:Dang bruh, $350 for a figure? These guys made of gold or something?

With something like the Metal Build Evas the extra detail and paintwork can mentally explain the high price tag but this is just a fairly standard-looking Eva figure. What’s its selling point?

The selling point is size and accuracy. I can’t see a single thing from these gals that is inaccurate.
More useless than The Lost Key of Nebuchadnezzar

Blockio
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:35 am

"Anime accuracy" is a sham tbh. Sure, I like a figure that has all the detail present, but you can get that for far less than that, and "big plastic robot" in my opinion isn't exactly enough to justify THAT hefty a price tag. That thing is more expensive than most Bandai Perfect Grades, so I expect something with that degree of detail, too
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

AdamMalkovitch
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby AdamMalkovitch » Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:37 pm

Anybody know if the RG EVAs are compatible with Gundam display stands? I'd love to get New Theatrical Unit 02 and pose her in her midair downward kicking pose from when she was fighting Clockiel
*injects Angel blood* I know what the fuck an EVA is now :)

Blockio
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:26 am

Should have a normal 3mm connector, yeah. And if not, the action bases do come with other adapter shapes to clamp around a figure if all else fails

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby SEELE-01 » Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:21 pm

View Original PostAdamMalkovitch wrote:Anybody know if the RG EVAs are compatible with Gundam display stands?

Ditto... Even if they are not entirely compatible, there's a wealth of different bases for dolls, action figures and mechas that may be compatible with your figure and base.
Wich one are you planning on buying? I've been interested in larger bases for a while, as sometimes the Soul Stage 5's I have are not enough for the larger figures
Visit my Eva-figures Youtube channel!

Archer
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby Archer » Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:43 pm

Gundam display stands usually go up the butt though (lol), whereas the RG Eva has a peg hole where the cable plugs in. It will fit, but the positioning might make it awkward. A generic articulated stand with a 3mm peg will work though.

Bloodtypeblue
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Bloodtypeblue » Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:00 pm

Hello everyone, I am new here and sorry for my English.
Tamashii Nations just have announced robot damashii unit 8 γ and unit 13.

Good news for anyone who's waiting for RD from Q and the latest movie. ^_^
Last edited by Bloodtypeblue on Fri Apr 23, 2021 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby SEELE-01 » Fri Apr 23, 2021 4:16 pm

Hi and welcome to the forum!

Also, the post you made [I think] it's against the rules as it contains a figure based on an Eva from the last movie, wich is currently forbidden to speak of (except in certain threads) to avoid spoilers.

A mod is probably gonna remove it soon and give you a slap in the wrist. For future references, anything merchandise related to Shin Eva goes HERE.
Visit my Eva-figures Youtube channel!

Archer
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby Archer » Fri Apr 23, 2021 4:59 pm

View Original PostSEELE-01 wrote:Hi and welcome to the forum!

Also, the post you made [I think] it's against the rules as it contains a figure based on an Eva from the last movie, wich is currently forbidden to speak of (except in certain threads) to avoid spoilers.

A mod is probably gonna remove it soon and give you a slap in the wrist. For future references, anything merchandise related to Shin Eva goes HERE.

Does it still count if it was already shown in the trailers (albeit in a quick shot you’d have to freeze-frame on to analyze?) The Kotobukiya kit of that figure you’re probably talking about was also revealed way before the movie release and I’m pretty sure it was discussed here so it’s probably a gray area as far as spoilers are concerned.

Bloodtypeblue
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Bloodtypeblue » Fri Apr 23, 2021 5:49 pm

I just saw someone posted a link of kotobukiya unit 8 gamma on page 89 so it has been discussed already.

Anyway Kaiyodo has announced a very expensive action figure of Ayanami and double pack of 2 Evas with special weapon which almost 20000yen :bigeyes:

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Sat Apr 24, 2021 2:32 am

View Original PostBloodtypeblue wrote:Tamashii Nations just have announced robot damashii unit 8 γ and unit 13.

Quoted with link reinstated here.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Archer
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby Archer » Sat Apr 24, 2021 5:29 pm

Added these two to my model kit backlog recently because I kinda liked the look of them and figured they’d be going out of stock real quickly being what I assume is a limited collaboration.

I wonder if they’ll do one for Mari or *gasp* even Shinji.

Bloodtypeblue
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Bloodtypeblue » Sat Apr 24, 2021 6:36 pm

View Original PostArcher wrote:Added these two to my model kit backlog recently because I kinda liked the look of them and figured they’d be going out of stock real quickly being what I assume is a limited collaboration.

I wonder if they’ll do one for Mari or *gasp* even Shinji.

Mari one will be released in June. They're so cute.
https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/m/10774378

Archer
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby Archer » Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:04 pm

Okay, only thing that baffles me is... what the hell is up with these accessory choices? Why does Asuka have a keyboard? Why’s Mari got these drumstick lookin things?

I don’t HATE them or anything, just out of all the things they could’ve picked you’d think they would’ve went with something with a bit more direct association with the characters, like Asuka’s doll or Mari’s... uh... tea, I guess.

evaunit13
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby evaunit13 » Sun Apr 25, 2021 9:07 pm

View Original PostBloodtypeblue wrote:Tamashii Nations just have announced robot damashii unit 8 γ and unit 13.

Thankful to have an alternative to the Mafex 13 and their poor quality control. Hopefully these figures don't beat the movie itself to an international release.
i want rebuild

bladerj
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby bladerj » Mon May 24, 2021 7:50 pm

View Original Postevaunit13 wrote:
View Original PostBloodtypeblue#921021 wrote:Tamashii Nations just have announced robot damashii unit 8 γ and unit 13.

Thankful to have an alternative to the Mafex 13 and their poor quality control. Hopefully these figures don't beat the movie itself to an international release.

after i read the reviews i was really nervous since mine was already shipped, i got really lucky, not splouchs,no overlining, theonly problem i had was some blacks were not as strong in the panel line but i could fix that easy, and the VERY VERY small verion of the half entry dildo was not as acurate in the painting, also my eva was stiff, unlike all reviewers that comented on it not even being able to stand
ANATA BAKA !?

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”