Evangelion Pic Thread 11: Mari's Middlesex Manor of Mayhem and Fantabulous Foppery

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

BernardoCairo
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

Re: Evangelion 3.0 + 1.0 Spoiler Fanart, Merchandise and Cosplay

•      
  •      

Postby BernardoCairo » Thu Apr 22, 2021 10:40 am

Just sit here and waste your precious time. When you want to do something, don't do it right away. Don't do it when you can. Read my posts instead. It's the only way to live a life without regrets.

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:25 pm

View Original Postbogusman wrote:If it is about the time skip somehow i kinda think it's funny, an ordinary current modern life but with DSS choker attached .
You're right that DSS choker things really made a problem for the timeskip.

I was talking about the 14 years timeskip between 2.0 and Q, not the presumed timeskip between the end of Instrumentality and the epilogue (especially since it seems that there isn't one)

View Original PostBernardoCairo wrote:Image

That makes me think: do we see Asuka's track jacket and/or funny hat in Shin?
If not then it's a bloody shame, because eyepatch Asuka with the track jacket and hat became the iconic image of the Rebuild.
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:52 am

View Original PostBernardoCairo wrote:Shinji's paradise

More like 5 minutes before they start fighting for the title of Best Asuka :devil:

I do like the one with grownup Asuka & Mari

Hair should not actually work like this
SPOILER: Show

assorted long Ayanamis:

Ok this was really nice symbolism but now we need it back to practical length (with bonus Ikari-kun):

...this is now my headcanon of how it got back to reasonable length and no one will convince me otherwise.

And thus, Touji and Hikari never needed to hire another babysitter:

Another ReiQ:

Grownup Kaworu & Rei:
I wanted to try harvesting the rice

I wanted to hold Tsubame more

I wanted to stay together forever with the boy I like

Konja7
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Konja7 » Fri Apr 23, 2021 4:41 am

The CRC for Q will be released in June.

I really hope they explain more things about how the changes in the World happened.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Fri Apr 23, 2021 5:22 am

View Original PostKendrix wrote:And thus, Touji and Hikari never needed to hire another babysitter:
Apart from the turning into a puddle of LCL thing...
Grownup Kaworu & Rei:

"That creepy guy is on the other platform staring at us again."
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Fri Apr 23, 2021 5:41 am

View Original PostKonja7 wrote:The CRC for Q will be released in June.

I really hope they explain more things about how the changes in the World happened.

That's not the CRC as we know it in English. It's the "Complete Records Collection: Visual Story Version", which is a collection of cuts, scripts, and music cues.

BernardoCairo
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby BernardoCairo » Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:08 am

Kendrix wrote:More like 5 minutes before they start fighting for the title of Best Asuka :devil:

Well, according to the artist, that's literally what happened! You see, it's "Shinji's paradise", but "Asukas' personal hells". I bet they wouldn't like to "share" hahaha!

Mr. Tines wrote:"That creepy guy is on the other platform staring at us again."

"Don't make eye contact. We are getting on the first train that shows up."

Princess - Round 6
Sources: 1 - https://twitter.com/KoYA_X_00?s=09
2 - https://twitter.com/shinno_Arts?s=09
3 - https://twitter.com/lilina_zero?s=09
4 - https://twitter.com/hotate3333333?s=09
5 - https://twitter.com/muu_shiromiya?s=09
6 - https://twitter.com/KazumiMinagawa?s=09

More Mari
Source: https://twitter.com/ueyamamichiro?s=09
Just sit here and waste your precious time. When you want to do something, don't do it right away. Don't do it when you can. Read my posts instead. It's the only way to live a life without regrets.

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:03 am

Asuka was already fairly developed, which is why they went & made grownup Asuka really really curvy so all the dummies in the audience get that she's supposed to be a big girl now.
All the sultry ripped suit fanart is canon now! XDD

We didn't see grownup Rei nakey, but this is the first time she was allowed to live to adulthood at all outside of purely fluffy AU mangas, I haven't the slightest complaint.

BernardoCairo
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby BernardoCairo » Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:21 am

My guess is that they chose to portray Asuka with a torn plugsuit not only to convey her adulthood, but also to emphasize how she no longer "fits" in her original role. That, of course, plays with the age gap between her and Shinji. They liked each other, but are no longer in "sync". Asuka grew up first and they are moving on.
What you are talking about definitely plays a role in all of this. That said, some of these fan artists definitely exaggerate a bit while drawing! XD

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:36 am

View Original PostBernardoCairo wrote: but also to emphasize how she no longer "fits" in her original role.

Well of course, that's the actual, non-silly meaning.
I particularly like how her interface clips came off as those were always a symbol of how the job had totally subsumed her identity. I wasn't entirely serious above which I thought I had made sufficiently apparent by all the 'XD's. sorry ^^°

I mean it does actually look aesthetic with the big ellipsoid holes & the attention given to her body fat.

Still, it's probably not easy to adapt/ build a new life at 30 even compared to OG Asuka's lot. Though then again, maybe she's better equipped to process the transition. But she spent most of her life having little of a life outside of being a soldier. She briefly got a taste of something else in 2.0 but it didn't make a lasting dent. Though at least she has a support network of sorts with Kensuke and Mari.

It's gonna be very weird for ALL the WILLE staff when everyone comes back from core-ification like the last 14 years didn't happen, it's like they all passed one and a half decade in a bizarro pocket universe.

bogusman
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby bogusman » Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:45 am

Somehow i'm eager to see grown up Mari & Asuka befriend and wearing some casual fashion in a normal world.
I gotta admit their aesthetic design look so damn pretty as a grown ups.
Yea...

Konja7
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Konja7 » Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:53 am

View Original PostKendrix wrote:Still, it's probably not easy to adapt/ build a new life at 30 even compared to OG Asuka's lot. Though then again, maybe she's better equipped to process the transition. But she spent most of her life having little of a life outside of being a soldier. She briefly got a taste of something else in 2.0 but it didn't make a lasting dent. Though at least she has a support network of sorts with Kensuke and Mari.

The last words of Mari toward Asuka in the Instrumentality feel like a "goodbye". So, I don't think she will be a big part of Asuka's life anymore.

Maybe Asuka isn't exactly 28. She wants to be an adult, but she could be a few years younger.

BernardoCairo
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby BernardoCairo » Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:22 pm

Kendrix wrote:I wasn't entirely serious above which I thought I had made sufficiently apparent by all the 'XD's. sorry ^^°

I knew you're horsing around, Miss Kendrix hehehe! That's why I also joked while finishing my post. Anyway, I thought your comment would be a good starting point for me to talk about the beach scene.
A small detail that I loved is how they chose to portray Asuka with her old plugsuit. It's not only a goodbye between Shinji and Asuka, but these characters and the audience.
As for her future life, it's impossible to predict what will happen. We don't even know if she retained her memories after the world was rebuilt. Shinji and Mari said goodbye to her, but she still has Kensuke. I'm sure she can also find new friends. Anyway, we'll have to wait and see.

bogusman
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby bogusman » Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:35 pm

View Original PostBernardoCairo wrote:
As for her future life, it's impossible to predict what will happen. We don't even know if she retained her memories after the world was rebuilt. Shinji and Mari said goodbye to her, but she still has Kensuke. I'm sure she can also find new friends. Anyway, we'll have to wait and see.

Umm..since they said this is the end/ last and won't be any more, i guess we'll wait but we'll not gonna see anything :D
Yea...

BernardoCairo
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby BernardoCairo » Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:49 pm

Oh, I was talking about the movie. We have to wait, watch and draw our own conclusions. Honestly, the ending seems to be quite open. It doesn't waste time telling the future of each character. Everyone seems to have solved their problems at the end of the story and will have a chance to live a normal life in the new world. The rest is up to the audience's imagination, I guess.

bogusman
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby bogusman » Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:01 pm

View Original PostBernardoCairo wrote:Oh, I was talking about the movie. We have to wait, watch and draw our own conclusions. Honestly, the ending seems to be quite open. It doesn't waste time telling the future of each character. Everyone seems to have solved their problems at the end of the story and will have a chance to live a normal life in the new world. The rest is up to the audience's imagination, I guess.

Oh ok, i thought it was their next works :D
Somehow at certain point i think it is better to leave it without confirmation or explanation at all from the creators so we can choose what we prefer as the future, though i'm sure they'll gonna be a lot of clash between fans.
Yea...

C.T.1290
Zeruel
Zeruel

•      
  •      

Postby C.T.1290 » Fri Apr 23, 2021 4:55 pm

This is all so wholesome!

BernardoCairo wrote:
Shinji's paradise
Source: https://twitter.com/avil_m11?s=09

BernardoCairo wrote:
Kendrix wrote:More like 5 minutes before they start fighting for the title of Best Asuka :devil:

Well, according to the artist, that's literally what happened! You see, it's "Shinji's paradise", but "Asukas' personal hells". I bet they wouldn't like to "share" hahaha!

The concept with Asuka and Clone Asuka from Rebuild would make for an interesting spinoff.
“This is the way”-The Mandalorian

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Fri Apr 23, 2021 6:05 pm

View Original PostKendrix wrote:Asuka was already fairly developed, which is why they went & made grownup Asuka really really curvy so all the dummies in the audience get that she's supposed to be a big girl now.
All the sultry ripped suit fanart is canon now! XDD

We didn't see grownup Rei nakey, but this is the first time she was allowed to live to adulthood at all outside of purely fluffy AU mangas, I haven't the slightest complaint.

The thorn plugsuit could also work as a her getting out of her metaphorical chrysalis.

As for Rei, technically there's also ANIMA where she reached adulthood (IIRC they are 18 there).
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Sat Apr 24, 2021 2:31 am

View Original PostBloodtypeblue wrote:Hello everyone, I am new here and sorry for my English.
Tamashii Nations just have announced robot damashii unit 8 γ and unit 13.

https://hobby.dengeki.com/news/1240183/

Good news for anyone who's waiting for RD from Q and the latest movie. ^_^

Mari and Yui

Mari the groomer

Kaworei

You can pretend it ended like this

Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

bogusman
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby bogusman » Sat Apr 24, 2021 2:39 am

That Mari groomer is so sweet. Nice auntie :D

The grown up Shinji looks like Berthold btw
Yea...

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”