Avatar: The Last Airbender (WTF is your avatar/sig from?)

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

ErgoProxy
Shamshel
Shamshel

Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender (WTF is your avatar/sig from?)

•      
  •      

Postby ErgoProxy » Sat Mar 20, 2021 9:46 pm

...aaah, I'll pretend it was only fifteen hours. Pumps are working, diesels are operative, but sonar is giving strange readings.

For time being my avatar will be Jurgen Prochnow, playing his iconic role with a smile. Or maybe a smug? No offensive intentions anyway. I took it from the clip named Deeper.
JUSTICE & MERCY

Xenoblade
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Xenoblade » Sun Mar 21, 2021 6:52 pm

Mine is..the X from Xenoblade Chronicles X

I like the whole series, but I'm hoping for a Definitive Edition of X on Switch, I'd like to replay it there.
Don't be.

TastyCap
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby TastyCap » Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:55 am

Mine is a very happy Asuka, drawn by Moesashi. (https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/64971244)

It's my single favorite piece of Evangelion fanart I've stumbled upon. Seeing Asuka, or any of the characters for that matter, smiling and happy gives me life, so it was a no-brainer that I'd use it as my avatar.

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:33 pm

Shinji from a fashion Ad.

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:43 pm

^ That's an interesting take on Shinji.

I thought Gendo would drive out Luna and Usagi, but those two have made way for a space pioneer. Recognize him?

(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:22 am

^
That would have been my choice for ten days from now.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

UrsusArctos

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:35 am

^ I thought I'd give Yuri a little advance publicity for the 60th anniversary of his spaceflight.
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

BernardoCairo
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby BernardoCairo » Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:41 pm

SPOILER: Show

You see, my avatar comes from a particularly unknown series. You guys, being westerners, probably never even heard of this obscure gem that was developed by a Japanese company in the 1990s, I believe. It's called "New Century Gospel", or something like that. Anyway, in this piece of lost media there’s a character named Toji. He's one hell of a guy and, oddly enough, looks a bit like me. That's why I'm using a picture of him to represent me here.
Just sit here and waste your precious time. When you want to do something, don't do it right away. Don't do it when you can. Read my posts instead. It's the only way to live a life without regrets.

TastyCap
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby TastyCap » Sat Apr 03, 2021 12:36 pm

Hey, I know that dude! That's the protagonist of Yu Yu Hakusho!

baldur
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby baldur » Sun Apr 04, 2021 12:28 pm

Decided to change my avatar. Never really intended the old one to be long term anyway. It's a flustered Griffith taken from a panel of Berserk that I'm quite fond of. I removed the background and gave him shorter hair, which actually resembles my own quite a bit. Also distances the picture somewhat from the Griffith character which I normally would not be so keen on associating myself with.

original panel  SPOILER: Show

I'm happy with it. Nicely represents my generally confused and aloof nature.

EvaChero
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby EvaChero » Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:24 pm

What? you didn't know about Howard the Duck's brief stint as "The Invincible Iron Duck" .....it pretty much happened
after he became the master of Quack Fu...and I'm not sure where I'm going with this.

SPOILER: Show
If you're still reading this you must be extremely bored

who doesn't want to kick back with Misato and have a few beers?

Lavinius
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Lavinius » Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:54 pm

THIS IS MY LAST COPE [incoherent but somehow pleasing screeches while Italians march & set off mortars & such]

(Source)
~ibi cubávit Lamia, et invénit sibi reiquiem~

UrsusArctos

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:49 am

60 лет человека в космосе - 60 years of humans in space - is now over and Comrade Yuri departs. Chief Ikari is back.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:39 am

Tenko drummer Ritsu

Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Starfish & Coffee
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Starfish & Coffee » Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:33 am

Judeau, only because he’s blonde and brown eyed.
Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, surrounded by assholes.

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:29 pm

Kaji from 2.22. That man sounds so slick, he can butcher my language any day.

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:08 pm

God-emperor Yamadera wrote:"It was with the realm of possibility. On its own, humanity is incapable of holding the Angels in check. The analysis pulling a permafrost extraction of the Third Angel was so extensive, all that what was left were the bones. And that was the conclusion. With that said, good luck!"

It's just as fun to listen to 12 years later. Though if I were to translate it based on what the Japanese subtitles said...

Japanese subs retranslated wrote:"It wasn't out of the question. Humanity on its own lacks the power to keep an Angel in confinement. Really, after how extensively you pulled apart the Third Angel you extracted from the permafrost, this outcome seems a foregone conclusion. That said... good luck!"

That actually helps explain the shocked reaction of the Cocytus commander and vice-commander. The commander's wide-eyed expression and the vice-commander's confusion make a bit more sense if they come on the heels of Kaji saying "you should have seen this coming"!

UrsusArctos

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:37 pm

Thanks for the subtitle translation! It's kinda underwhelming to think that the Bethany Base commander and vice-commander are reacting to "this outcome seems a foregone conclusion" rather than "what the hell is this dude trying to say?!?!" :hahaha:

Kaji is as cool as ever in 2.22, but my personal favorite Kaji moment comes right here, complete with cat smile/smirk combo! -
https://wiki.evageeks.org/FGC:Episode_08_Cut_073

(Someone has 08_C073d as their avatar, but I forget whom...)

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Sat Jun 19, 2021 12:30 am

@Freakyfilmfanforever

There can only be one!

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Thu Jul 08, 2021 11:31 pm

A lovely artist going by the name of canthor made this avatar for me. I briefly had a job as a teaching assistant at an elementary school, and the kids loved my curly hair to the point where they started calling me "Mister Sheep". When I told canthor this story, they whipped up this avatar for me. The shirt is one I actually own, and they drew me wearing my sweatband and fitbit! It really is me in an avatar, and I love it to death.

My old Shinji avatar was great, but I've also been using it for six years, so I suppose a little bit of a change is in order.

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”