Official "Hello/Goodbye" Thread!

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Re: Official "Hello/Goodbye" Thread!

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Sun Apr 04, 2021 4:11 pm

View Original PostNatalie the Cat wrote:
I am that person, fyi.

Welcome back you have been deeply missed. ^_^
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3
Sequel As The Divine Light Breaks For download version please go to AO3

Zusuchan
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Zusuchan » Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:41 am

Natalie the Cat: Hi! So are you going to continue being more active on EGF? You were an engaging poster, after all and there's always need of them.

Blockio
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:31 am

Welcome back! Glad to see you posting again
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
Your point of view is horny, and biased. ~ glitz2hard
What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

Erufailon4
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Erufailon4 » Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:00 am

Hi, I'm Erufailon4, an Eva fan since the Netflix release and currently bored out of my mind while waiting for 3.0+1.0. As a casual fan who is also a casual fan of many other anime series, I haven't really been all that much into the "fandom" side of Eva, but since we're a month into 3.0+1.0 spoiler avoidance I thought I might as well spend more time on a site where I won't get spoiled against my wish. (Thank you for the strict spoiler rules, mods!) I haven't been much of a forum user for a while so in a way I'm also getting back into that. I hope I'll be able contribute something to conversations.

Natalie the Cat
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Natalie the Cat » Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:57 am

View Original PostZusuchan wrote:Natalie the Cat: Hi! So are you going to continue being more active on EGF? You were an engaging poster, after all and there's always need of them.

Probably? Hopefully? I'm going through a complex and stressful time in my life right now.

WILLE_Coyote
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby WILLE_Coyote » Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:01 am

Hey, EGF. I've been lurking on here for something like a year by now, but it wasn't until this morning (I'm from Ireland) when I finally decided to register. I'm definitely not as knowledgeable vis a vis EVA as most of you are, but I still love the series, and hope I can contribute to discussion.

JoelcrNeto
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby JoelcrNeto » Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:08 am

Welcome WILLE_Coyote and Erufailon4, and that you both have a good time here!
Welcome back Natalie the Cat!
“Like a miracle, life starts with the pain / Forever this will be” — “Heroes of Sand” by Angra.
“É porque nós gostamos de você. Obrigada por conversar comigo. Vem, me dá a sua mão para andarmos juntos.” — Rei to Shinji (Portuguese dub).

EvaGeeks official Discord server

Zusuchan
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Zusuchan » Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:25 am

Natalie the Cat wrote:
Probably? Hopefully? I'm going through a complex and stressful time in my life right now.

I see. Well, I do hope you'll be more active too, but of course you don't have to, especially if you're dealing with complex and stressful matters in your offline life.

baldur
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby baldur » Wed Apr 07, 2021 4:02 pm

View Original PostWILLE_Coyote wrote:Hey, EGF. I've been lurking on here for something like a year by now, but it wasn't until this morning (I'm from Ireland) when I finally decided to register. I'm definitely not as knowledgeable vis a vis EVA as most of you are, but I still love the series, and hope I can contribute to discussion.

From one former lurker to another, welcome!

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End
The Beginning and The End

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Tue Apr 13, 2021 2:07 am

Natalie the Cat: I know the feeling all too well, and hope things get better for you. I'm glad to see you back too, and hope you find the time to be active here in future.

View Original PostErufailon4 wrote:I haven't really been all that much into the "fandom" side of Eva, but since we're a month into 3.0+1.0 spoiler avoidance I thought I might as well spend more time on a site where I won't get spoiled against my wish.

Mae govannen, Erufailon! Always good to see a fellow Tolkien fan. Pedo Mellon a Minno ;)

I'm very glad that you're happy with our spoiler rules. Hope you have a pleasant time here!
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

BernardoCairo
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby BernardoCairo » Sun Apr 25, 2021 6:44 pm

Honestly, I don't really know how to start this post. Anyway, I'm leaving the site. However, before doing that, I would like to write something that comes from the "bottom of my heart".
Neon Genesis Evangelion is important to me. When I first watched it, a long time ago, I wasn't in "good shape". What can I even say? The series caught my attention through its visual and audio flair. It's a unique looking show, to say the least. That said, I eventually found myself intrinsically connected with its characters. Well, everyone here feels like a real person (with struggles, insecurities and aspirations). The series never gets stale and keeps introducing ideias at a nonstop pace! In the end, all of these elements collide to create a cohesive masterpiece (in which one character complements the other). As a result, its three main protagonists are extremely relatable people. It sucked when I saw myself in Shinji, Asuka and Misato. However, in hindsight, that was crucial to me. It opened my eyes and allowed me to understand a lot about myself. More importantly, it made me want to live more and become a better person. I could write an entire text about how "EoTV" e EoE deeply touched my heart, but that's not necessary. That's because I can summarize everything in one line. It broke me, so I could rebuild myself.
Aside from that, it was also fun to watch. Let's be honest, this is an interesting series. I will never forget the day I first experienced The End of Evangelion. It ended during sunset. I watched the last scene, laughed a bit and went to my room. I couldn't take it out of my head for more than a month. Honestly, it still resonates with me. Interestingly, the last time I saw the movie, it ended at sunrise.
See, this is the kind of thing I want to remember when thinking about Evangelion. However, this is not what's happening now. This place is the first thing that comes to mind when I think about NGE. Honestly, I'm not happy with this. I have nothing against this site or the people who visit it. That said, I don't want Evangelion to become a burden on my life. I don't want to force myself to go through this forum and write posts just so that people can take a look at my opinions. I want to appreciate the series for myself! I don't want to think about it all the times. Yet, I want to smile while remembering it. That's why I'm leaving it for a while.
Anyway, I don't know if I was a good contributor or not. Honestly, I was just trying to have fun. We disagree in some instances, but no one was ever disrespectful to me. I'm very grateful for that. Well, I'm leaving in good terms. I wish you all good luck. Keep arguing about Evangelion and, most importantly, being happy! Also, take care of yourselves!
Oh, shout-outs to Berserk EVA-02! Our discussions were the most fun I've ever had on the internet! If you want to talk, you know where to find me.

Maybe I'll come back one day. Until then, goodbye!
SPOILER: Show
Just sit here and waste your precious time. When you want to do something, don't do it right away. Don't do it when you can. Read my posts instead. It's the only way to live a life without regrets.

baldur
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby baldur » Sun Apr 25, 2021 11:37 pm

I haven't been around for long, and I haven't had too many discussions with you, but I consider you a high quality contributor. A shame you're not sticking around for 3.0+1.0, but I also understand your reasoning. Take care, hope life treats you well.

Zusuchan
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Zusuchan » Mon Apr 26, 2021 3:18 am

BernardoCairo: I consider you a good contributor who helped make this place a bit livelier. I understand why you think it might be best to leave this place and support your decision. Goodbye and take care.

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:40 am

View Original PostNatalie the Cat wrote:I am that person, fyi.

Edit: Sorry for the necro lol

I thought I recognized your awesome film takes from another name, Natalie! I hope your life becomes simpler and less stressful.

JoelcrNeto
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby JoelcrNeto » Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:06 pm

@BernardoCairo
Oh, you certainly were/are one of the best contributors to this forum. Take care and I hope you will return.
Obrigado por tudo! ^_^
“Like a miracle, life starts with the pain / Forever this will be” — “Heroes of Sand” by Angra.
“É porque nós gostamos de você. Obrigada por conversar comigo. Vem, me dá a sua mão para andarmos juntos.” — Rei to Shinji (Portuguese dub).

EvaGeeks official Discord server

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Mon Apr 26, 2021 5:21 pm

@BernardoCairo, stay safe out there. Have fun loving Evangelion!

Blockio
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:34 pm

Take care, BernardoCairo! You've been a good contributor, hoping to have you back some day
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
Your point of view is horny, and biased. ~ glitz2hard
What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

•      
  •      

Postby child of Lilith » Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:17 am

Later, BernardoCairo.
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

"Happy people can be so cruel"- Claudia, Silent Hill 3

"everlasting, true love, I am yours"- Rule of Rose

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:20 am

Take care where ever you may go BernardoCairo.
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3
Sequel As The Divine Light Breaks For download version please go to AO3

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Tue Apr 27, 2021 4:05 pm

Baibai & take care, you've been adding a lot of liveliness to this place lately so you'll be missed, but we all also have other stuff to do in life & its good to have the self-awareness to quit while something is still fun.

View Original PostWILLE_Coyote wrote:Hey, EGF. I've been lurking on here for something like a year by now, but it wasn't until this morning (I'm from Ireland) when I finally decided to register. I'm definitely not as knowledgeable vis a vis EVA as most of you are, but I still love the series, and hope I can contribute to discussion.

You, Sir, have the best user name ever
I wanted to try harvesting the rice

I wanted to hold Tsubame more

I wanted to stay together forever with the boy I like

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”