Renting a movie theater to watch End of Evangelion

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Renting a movie theater to watch End of Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby SEELE-01 » Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:30 pm

As you heard. Pandemic has hit hard.
In my city there is this little independent cinema that used to play art movies and in general, hipster-y films. There is a philosophy university in the city so that helped it stay afloat.
And then COVID started. They can't open the cinema for a year and now that you can, nobody wants to go.

They have just two rooms, one of 100 and one of 50 seats and since they can't even fill them up, they are offering a great opportunity: for a mere $500 MXN (25USD) per movie, they will let you put anything you want as long as no more than 15 people enter the room.
I didn't think much about it until BAM, it hit me!

So now me and a couple friends are planning on renting the room to play Death and End of Evangelion back-to-back :emogendo:
The cinema even opens the candy shop (thats where the real money is in cinemas anyways) for you and your friends...
If everything goes as planned, I may end up watching 3rd Impact on the big screen :w00t:

Then the real fun began: someone suggested renting it once every two weeks or so to watch classic anime films. So far we are fantasizing on Akira, Sailor Moon R, Revolutionary Girl Utena, Ghost in the Shell, basically the entire Ghibli catalog, Advent Children, Madoka Magica and whatever else we can think of as long a we can. I'm sure once they can operate normally again they'll suspend the renting, but until then :shifty:
Visit my Eva-figures Youtube channel!

baldur
Shamshel
Shamshel

Re: Renting a movie theater to watch End of Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby baldur » Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:35 pm

Sounds rad. I'd kill to watch End of Evangelion on the big screen.

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby SEELE-01 » Mon May 03, 2021 12:36 am

We did it!
I just returned from our private screening. 12 people in total pooled in to watch the movie. The owners opened candy store and everything for us. Finally, a few minutes late Evangelion Death began:
SPOILER: Show
The Canon credit roll hits different in a large screen :w00t:

But on to the second feature:
SPOILER: Show

And guys, it was awesome!
As an Eva fan for ~18 years (more than half my total lifetime!), watching these animation gems like this is nothing short of a dream come true!
Many scenes look and hit different in a large format. Overall I hope others get the chance to watch EoE in a cinema at least once!

Ok, fanboy moment over! :tongue:
Now, on with the existential dilemmas that nag at those that recently saw EoE :emogendo:
Visit my Eva-figures Youtube channel!

Zusuchan
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Zusuchan » Mon May 03, 2021 4:53 am

Good for you! I'd love to see EoE on a big screen, it seems like a wonderful experience.

baldur
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby baldur » Mon May 03, 2021 9:22 am

Oh how I envy you.

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”