[Manga] Legend of the Piko Piko Middle School Students

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
Blockio
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

Re: [Manga] Legend of the Piko Piko Middle School Students

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Sun Apr 11, 2021 3:05 pm

Even that aside, the actual manga is also not good by any measure. It has a singular joke for every character that it repeats ad nauseum with forced 4th wall breaks at every turn; the few somewhat funny jokes it has are just drowned out by the sheer flood of ones that miss the mark. It's the only manga for which I actively regret the time spent reading it.
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
Your point of view is horny, and biased. ~ glitz2hard
What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

AWinters
Shamshel
Shamshel

Re: [Manga] Legend of the Piko Piko Middle School Students

•      
  •      

Postby AWinters » Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:52 am

It made me laugh, so I didn't mind the jokes that missed the mark.
I could be wrong, but as I read it I suspected that it was translated by someone British, based on the humour.
While British style humour is hilarious to us Brits, not many others get it.
The jokes didn't feel repetitive to me, it was more like "in reference to earlier" kinds of jokes, which I find enjoyable.

I enjoyed them and wanted more comedy, so I ordered "Tony Takezaki's Evangelion".
I judge comedy by how much I laugh, but Tony takezaki's Evangelion only made me laugh once and that was at the beginning (Gendo trying to remember which sexual encounter Ritsuko was referring to). By the end of the book, it was just trying too hard with the history of NERV bit with the mascots.

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”