Ghostbusters (2020)

A subforum for discussions about Film, TV, and Videos.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Re: Ghostbusters (2020)

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:37 am

View Original PostTheFriskyIan wrote:https://www.slashfilm.com/jason-reitman-ghostbusters/

Ah okay I wasn't aware of this and thank you for that link but I will only believe this fully when they show the first promo shots I only say that as I've seen them change there mind come production but if they go through with this and it works that could really renew my faith somewhat in this franchise. ^_^
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3
Sequel As The Divine Light Breaks For download version please go to AO3

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:42 am

The actor I want to see come back for this the most is Ernie Hudson.
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:04 pm

Ernie Hudson and Jeff Goldblum star in Ghostbusters III: Bustin’ Makes Me Feel Good. I’d watch that on a loop for the rest of my life.

Zeta_One
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Zeta_One » Tue Dec 17, 2019 12:13 am

Ghostbusters: Afterlife is the official name of the movie. Here's the trailer.
SPOILER: Show
Check out the name of the mine. It looks like we'll be learning more about Ivo Shandor. He and his followers were behind Dana's supernatural apartment building back in the original movie.

Tilikvm
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Tilikvm » Fri Mar 26, 2021 8:04 pm

View Original PostGendo'sPapa wrote:Random thought:
It’s gonna be so weird when the Ghostbusters reboot that is retconning the all female Ghostbusters movie out of existence pushes the message on the fan base that toxically attacked the previous cast & crew that “Anyone can be a Ghostbuster”.

There was already a female ghostbuster that was also a fan favourite of those evil "toxic fans" everybody keeps talking about, her name was Janine.

Being disgusted at the obvious use of a franchise to push a political agenda isn't being toxic, but nowadays it's all the rage to simply disqualify anything that goes against the politically correct narrative that has engulfed everything by literally demonize and antagonize everybody who doesn't align with it.

Insulting the fandom of the franchise was a pretty stupid move, but it was even more stupid when the product you were selling -there's no other name for it- was of such crappy quality. But calling everyone who didn't like the movie a misogynist was a wonderful way of divert the attention of how bad the movie was.

Zusuchan
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Zusuchan » Sat Mar 27, 2021 7:52 am

Gendo's Papa wasn't saying anyone who disliked the movie was a misogynist, though. He pretty specifically talked about the toxic part of the fan base, the sort who harassed Leslie Jones for being in a movie they disliked. I don't think the majority of people really have a problem with criticizing the 2016 Ghostbusters film, even when it is done on the basis of the film being a "pointless advocate of political agenda" that ruins the franchise. People however do have a pretty big problem with people who are so incensed about a movie as to harass an actress, which is understandable.

I know some people were met with criticism simply due to disliking the film, which is obviously wrong, but so do I think it is wrong to harass people.

hui43210
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby hui43210 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:11 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9eh37VDAG0

Seeing tiny Stay-Puffs impale themselves instantly invokes images of the Mp EVAs impaling themselves during instrumentality. I find both deeply disturbing.
I mean, predictability is the central attraction and the narrative hook that we've all come to expect from the Evangelion franchise. How come Anno can't realize this? Twice? - FreakyFilmFan4ever

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:19 pm

View Original Posthui43210 wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9eh37VDAG0

Seeing tiny Stay-Puffs impale themselves instantly invokes images of the Mp EVAs impaling themselves during instrumentality. I find both deeply disturbing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiaZ1Z4ZJoM Longer trailer.

I agree with that its dark and I swear the foot that lands on the guy's car is one of the terror hounds feet which begs the question is that Zool again? Or is this just shoved in fan service? Also, if the big bad is Gozer I doubt s/he would give a shit about some run down town in middle US...like wouldn't they have bigger fish to fry like being a demon god and all. Unless this film is gonna somehow pull and endgame and go everywhere is in trouble unless we kill the one big bad...

SPOILER: Show
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3

hui43210
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby hui43210 » Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:27 pm

That trailer you posted is just someone putting the old trailer at the end of the new teaser.

As for the villain, there's an old mine in the trailer with Shandors name on it, so that's the connection between this small town and the monsters. JK Simmons is in the cast, so I'm like 90% certain he's going to be the main bad. My theories are he will be a descendant of Shandor, Shandor himself, or a form of Gozer closer to the original script.

As for will this movie be good... No idea. At least the old cast are actually playing the Ghostbusters rather than some awful cameos.
I mean, predictability is the central attraction and the narrative hook that we've all come to expect from the Evangelion franchise. How come Anno can't realize this? Twice? - FreakyFilmFan4ever

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:37 pm

View Original Posthui43210 wrote:As for the villain, there's an old mine in the trailer with Shandors name on it, so that's the connection between this small town and the monsters. JK Simmons is in the cast, so I'm like 90% certain he's going to be the main bad. My theories are he will be a descendant of Shandor, Shandor himself, or a form of Gozer closer to the original script.

Thanks for clarication as I missed that detail. ^_^

That would be interesting as Ivo Shandor did build Gozors building 550 Central Park West, but they have never said where he came from before he built the building like his up bringing though the games reference his other building Orrery Chamber in Shandor Island so in that sense some beat down town could be where he did his test experiments with spirits and ones been left unchecked for ages.

Return to “Film and Video”