Fanfic Story Ideas, Mk. II

Everything Evangelion Fanfiction related.

Moderators: Derantor, Board Staff

amitakartok
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Re: Fanfic Story Ideas, Mk. II

•      
  •      

Postby amitakartok » Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:34 pm

Some ideas I had during the recent outage at SB and SV:

• Rei isn't actually inhuman-looking with blue hair and red eyes, it's just a subconsciously-projected glamour on her Lilith part. Those who get emotionally close enough to her that Rei metaphorically lets them within her AT-field see her as a completely normal-looking girl - and the fact that even Gendo doesn't know that speaks volumes.
  • People already tossed around the idea of Gendo successfully recovering Yui into a Rei body, so I thought, what if he tried to achieve it via reverse-engineering Kyoko's attempt at fixing Yui's "accident" and the end result is Yui and Rei sharing a body as split personalities? Gendo's endgame plan is to permanently stick Yui into the body, which will technically kill Rei. Rei is fine with it, but Shinji very much isn't, with the amusing result of both Ikaris technically being after the same person but not the same personality.
  • Another idea for Evas being dual-piloted but this time, the arrangement is that one pilot operates the Eva itself, the other operates the Eva's AT-field, resulting in friction if one gets hurt because the other wasn't doing their job properly.
Strategic Cyborg Evangelion : an average author's aspiring attempt at awesomeness. Currently at chapter 42.

Mana, Mayumi and Sakura: the TRUE goddesses of Eva

Lavinius
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Lavinius » Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:57 am

If you're talking about Sakura, why not do something with how Touji was apparently born twice?
~ibi cubávit Lamia, et invénit sibi reiquiem~

amitakartok
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby amitakartok » Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:31 am

...huh? What do you mean, born twice?
Strategic Cyborg Evangelion : an average author's aspiring attempt at awesomeness. Currently at chapter 42.

Lavinius
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Lavinius » Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:19 am

Touji Suzuhara-kun was born on the 28th of July, 2001, and then born again five months later on the 26th of December.
What mysteries could this hide?

If we're talking about alternate piloting setups, here's something I came up with the other day:

A set of Evangeliæ was born from Adam's sleeping body. Eventually, for various reasons and by various powers, six units were produced, three male-female couples. Each of these was a proper Child of Adam, born with the Fruit of Life.
It was desirable for numerous reasons to prevent the deification that would occur if these Evangeliæ were to acquire the Fruit of Knowledge (which could be aquired through communication with an FoK being, psychic or otherwise). However, it was also desired to be able to command and use these Evas.
The solution was to tear the souls from the Evas and implant them in Lilin bodies. Initially the plan was to have each Lilin-incarnation pilot their own body- the two Fruits wouldn't technically be joined in the exact same being, and of course the Eva, being soulless, can't acquire the Fruit of Knowledge, so this should be fine. But the risk of deification was still great if the pilot merged with their body, so to discourage this the pilots were assigned to the body of their mate.

That is, each pilot pilots an Eva of the opposite sex, which is the proper body of their bride/groom.

amitakartok
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby amitakartok » Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:38 am

Sounds a bit too shippy, but don't let that stop you.

One similar idea I had back in the day was that the reason behind the anomalous behavior of Unit 00 and Unit 01 is that Unit 00's core is actually Unit 01's and vice versa. Due to Unit 01 having been made directly out of Lilith's flesh rather than cloned, Unit 01 is so ungodly powerful that it tried to kickstart Third Impact every time NERV tried to turn it on and none of the restraints were strong enough to make it stop. They eventually had to resort to cutting out the core and slotting in a cloned Adamite core in its place to make the incompatible hardware, so to speak, throttle down Unit 01's power to manageable levels. This also turns out to work in the opposite direction: Zeruel trying to eat Unit 00 and ingesting Unit 01's original core in the process basically results in the Angel getting poisoned and incapacitated by the Lilim core's presence inside its body, allowing Unit 01 to overpower it and get her original core back.

Which in turn now gives me an idea originally inspired by a supplement for Adeptus Evangelion: Unit 01 isn't merely created out of Lilith, it IS Lilith, just armored up to make her look like an Eva. Which, unknown to Gendo, made his endgame plan impossible because Rei cannot merge back into Lilith due to Yui's presence unintentionally frakking up the process (which might not be so unintentional on Yui's part, mind you).

Lavinius
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Lavinius » Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:32 am

View Original Postamitakartok wrote:Sounds a bit too shippy, but don't let that stop you.

Does it make it any less shippy if the pilots/Evas in question have no relation to those we know, and are named Qain & Avan, Abel & Aqlima, and Seth & Azura?

Which in turn now gives me an idea originally inspired by a supplement for Adeptus Evangelion: Unit 01 isn't merely created out of Lilith, it IS Lilith, just armored up to make her look like an Eva. Which, unknown to Gendo, made his endgame plan impossible because Rei cannot merge back into Lilith due to Yui's presence unintentionally frakking up the process (which might not be so unintentional on Yui's part, mind you).

I'm actually quite suspicious that Shogouki actually was intended to be Lilith armored up until quite late in the series' production.

The18°angel
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby The18°angel » Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:13 pm

Could work a story where the main couple is Kaworu x Asuka with a secondary couple Shinji x Mari?

amitakartok
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby amitakartok » Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:25 am

Don't really see any chemistry with the latter.

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:31 am

View Original PostThe18°angel wrote:Could work a story where the main couple is Kaworu x Asuka with a secondary couple Shinji x Mari?

Sounds interesting to me, you should go for it :)
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3
Sequel As The Divine Light Breaks For download version please go to AO3

The18°angel
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby The18°angel » Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:46 am

View Original Postamitakartok wrote:Don't really see any chemistry with the latter.

Like a meme that I saw a few days ago, Mana walked so Mari could run. And doing the chemistry between the two could see her as a young Misato (without the trauma of the father) interacting with Shinji, and Shinji eventually becoming immune to her teasing and making sure that Mari does not commit any stupidity ending up most of the time being dragged by her to do something stupid . And with Mari keep committing stupid things with Shinji because while he doesn't say no and he tends to be the voice of reason in her head and prevents her from going from stupid to doing something crazy and the only times Mari is cold or serious would be in a life or death situation where death is almost certain and is not only her life that is in danger

in another idea what would happen if Misato had gotten the curse of the Evangelion during the second impact they were developing a prototype of Eva grown directly from Adam as unit 01 was grown from lillith, and she is one of the pilots at the start of the war against the angels plus that raises the question of who Mari really is.

amitakartok
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby amitakartok » Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:58 am

View Original PostThe18°angel wrote:Like a meme that I saw a few days ago, Mana walked so Mari could run.

I'm a big fan of Mana, actually, but Mari doesn't rub me the same way.

And doing the chemistry between the two could see her as a young Misato (without the trauma of the father) interacting with Shinji, and Shinji eventually becoming immune to her teasing and making sure that Mari does not commit any stupidity ending up most of the time being dragged by her to do something stupid . And with Mari keep committing stupid things with Shinji because while he doesn't say no and he tends to be the voice of reason in her head and prevents her from going from stupid to doing something crazy and the only times Mari is cold or serious would be in a life or death situation where death is almost certain and is not only her life that is in danger

So, Mari as Haruhi? Might work. Long ago, I had a similar idea for Asuka.

The18°angel
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby The18°angel » Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:18 pm

View Original Postamitakartok wrote:
So, Mari as Haruhi? Might work. Long ago, I had a similar idea for Asuka.

I just found out who Haruhi is and can work, her personality ironically is quite close to Mari 2.0 if certain modifications are made to her personality and past. It would be interesting to have a pilot who helps others not because she knows the right thing to do or because she is altruistic but for the simple fact that she likes conflict and adventure.

amitakartok
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby amitakartok » Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:58 pm

For reference, the above idea I had would've had Asuka, being a foreign transfer student, not really wanting to join any school clubs but not wanting to stick out too much by blatantly not joining any, ropes Shinji (who is similarly clubless because he's, well, Shinji) into starting a fake club she can use as an excuse to not have to join an actual club. Along the way they also manage to rope several other students into the scheme, including Mari (a bit of a social pariah in school due to openly being a fujoshi who reads yaoi manga in class, in addition to being the daughter of a yakuza boss who wants to throw her into an arranged marriage), Mana (an old childhood friend of Shinji he didn't realize was going to the same school; she speaks with a slight Kansai accent, used to be bullied as a child due to being of Chinese descent and is quite athletic to the point of being in the track running club, earning her the unflattering nickname of Nickelfloh from Asuka), Mayumi (who's a closer gamer with a medically abnormal lack of mental inhibitions on muscle reflexes, causing her to sometimes injure herself with excessively fast and hard reflexive movement when startled; she doesn't exactly have a healthy relationship with her mother either), Kaworu (who is looping) and a loli Rei (who just showed up half-naked on Shinji's doorstep one day before the story began and has been impossible to evict since, literally turning invisible whenever Shinji tried to turn her over to the proper authorities until he just gave up and took her in for keeps).

The18°angel
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby The18°angel » Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:47 pm

Mari after seeing kaworu and Shinji interact and after a Yaoi manga marathon :shifty:
I have to plan the scenario carefully and use the necessary methods to ensure that it happens. :emogendo:

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End
The Beginning and The End

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Sat Apr 24, 2021 6:57 pm

View Original Postamitakartok wrote:So, Mari as Haruhi? Might work. Long ago, I had a similar idea for Asuka.

Been there, done that! :tongue:

post/257244/Fic-The-Melancholy-of-Mari-Makinami/
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

Arcadia's legacy
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby Arcadia's legacy » Tue Apr 27, 2021 4:18 pm

Here's a random idea: Instead of eating Zeruel's core, Unit-01 eats Sachiel's. What do you suppose the consequences would be with Unit-01 having an S2-engine from the start?
Never let the flame that is hope burn out, for despite the length of the night, the sunrise will always come
""Trolling the audience" is the same thing as "challenging the audience" (to an audience that doesn't want to be challenged)." -Reichu

amitakartok
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby amitakartok » Tue Apr 27, 2021 6:59 pm

A very good question. I can see things between Shinji and Asuka going downhill even faster due to SEELE forcing Unit 01 into lockdown resulting in the girls always getting beaten up first due to Gendo being unable to deploy Unit 01 until there's no alternative left. Asuka can't always win the day on her own and when she inevitably fails, Shinji saves the day by himself, which is NOT going to keep her in a good mood for long.

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:34 pm

Would they risk sending a only half repaired EVA 00 against Shamshel?
I wanted to try harvesting the rice

I wanted to hold Tsubame more

I wanted to stay together forever with the boy I like

ChaddyManPrime
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:44 pm

View Original PostKendrix wrote:Would they risk sending a only half repaired EVA 00 against Shamshel?

I bet Shinji could give Shammy the wammy if he were allowed to pilot Unit 00, he'd probably bond better with the shard of Lilith than Rei.
"Look at Me!, I'm Mr. MeeSeeks!" - Mr. MeeSeeks

You know nothing, Jon Snow - Chuckman

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:49 pm

View Original PostChaddyManPrime wrote:
View Original PostKendrix#921536 wrote:Would they risk sending a only half repaired EVA 00 against Shamshel?

I bet Shinji could give Shammy the wammy if he were allowed to pilot Unit 00, he'd probably bond better with the shard of Lilith than Rei.

And EVA 00 would not try to eat him like in canon because why?
Of course they could cancel the freeze order just that once.

Of course, from Ramiel onward they could conceivably just send the girls. Rei would take a lot of punishment, Asuka would maybe at first feel less threatened (because the noob winning the day would be like - a one or two time arnomaly that rendered the EVA unusable), though later on it would probably happen like what amitakatok described.it all depends.

Alternatively: Would Asuka just end up falling in that Volcano?
Rei would be benched for a while after Ramiel esp. if no one gets her out of that plug. They might have to thaw out the third one waaaay ahead of schedule.

would Shinji even be as useful without most of the limited experience he accumulated? though Yui would certainly be able to pwn the angels as long as they stick the correct kid in the pilot seat.
I wanted to try harvesting the rice

I wanted to hold Tsubame more

I wanted to stay together forever with the boy I like

Return to “Fanfiction”