3.0 CRC in development!

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
baldur
Shamshel
Shamshel

Re: 3.0 CRC in development!

•      
  •      

Postby baldur » Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:13 am

I'll just say that we had this same discussion recently in this thread.

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:36 pm

I don't think the preview was a deliberate fakeout at all but I cant think of how to explain why without massive spoilers.
I wanted to try harvesting the rice

I wanted to hold Tsubame more

I wanted to stay together forever with the boy I like

Heaven Piercing Man
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby Heaven Piercing Man » Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:48 pm

View Original PostBlockio wrote:
This was the plan all along. If one were to go back and rewatch You Are (Not) Alone and You can (Not) Advance with knowledge of the shocks in You Can (Not) Redo, one would uncover many exciting depictions that are sure to stir the imagination

Doesn't get a whole lot more explicit than that that Q was, in fact, planned to be this way from the start. They outright tell you that the foreshadowing for it is in place. And guess what, it is. There's ancient threads on here that did predict some of the major plot elements of Q long before the movie dropped.

I'd like to see these threads. Anyway, can't get more obvious than having Urashima mentioned as foreshadowing.
Evangelion, in three words: How Strangely Erotic

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:11 pm

View Original PostHeaven Piercing Man wrote:I'd like to see these threads. Anyway, can't get more obvious than having Urashima mentioned as foreshadowing.

It's not just Urashima, there's another, more subtle foreshadowing in the song that plays when EVA-01 destroys EVA-03 with Asuka inside (kudos to Kendrix who discovered it): said song is traditionally sung during school graduations, and neither Shinji, Asuka or Rei will ever go back to school after that scene, and there's also the line in the song that says "let's be friend even thought we won't see each other again for a long time" that foreshadows how Shinji and Asuka won't meet again for 14 years (from the latter's perspective, as for Shinji it was like one day and half ago!)
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Tue Apr 06, 2021 5:03 pm

The Aquarium scene is also something that hits really different.

It seems like they had a rough outline (that was supposedly explained to Ishida) & fleshed out the details as they went along.

As wildly as 2.0 changed, it always started with Mari vs Tunniel, and ended with "Eva 01 goes out of control"

Most of the things in the Preview actually happened. If you assume that Q and TuaT were still planned as a double feature then, it actually didn't change that much.

Archer
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby Archer » Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:20 pm

View Original PostKendrix wrote:The Aquarium scene is also something that hits really different.

It seems like they had a rough outline (that was supposedly explained to Ishida) & fleshed out the details as they went along.

As wildly as 2.0 changed, it always started with Mari vs Tunniel, and ended with "Eva 01 goes out of control"

Most of the things in the Preview actually happened. If you assume that Q and TuaT were still planned as a double feature then, it actually didn't change that much.

You know, I wonder if the changes to the ending of 2.0 explain WHY it seemingly contradicts the beginning of 3.0, with Shinji explicitly triggering 3i and destroying the world instead of it being stopped halfway. If that were the case, 3.0/Shin very well could’ve been the originally planned ending even with all the changes made to 2.0.

Lavinius
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Lavinius » Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:38 pm

View Original PostArcher wrote:You know, I wonder if the changes to the ending of 2.0 explain WHY it seemingly contradicts the beginning of 3.0, with Shinji explicitly triggering 3i and destroying the world instead of it being stopped halfway. If that were the case, 3.0/Shin very well could’ve been the originally planned ending even with all the changes made to 2.0.

The basic explanation isn't hard at all and I've been saying it since 2012, years before I actually watched a rebuild movie- they had to take the Cassius out of Yui to stop the Twelfth Angel, and when they did this Yui went back to Impacting.
That said, I think it's possible that Ha was originally supposed to end with the full Third Impact, and that this was changed when Anno decided Third Impact needed three films worth of complex lore for him to not make films about.
~ibi cubávit Lamia, et invénit sibi reiquiem~

Pluto
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Pluto » Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:35 pm

Really looking forward to this!! Do we have a release date on the 3.0 CRC yet?
Oh, the clock is ticking out

JoelcrNeto
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby JoelcrNeto » Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:25 am

^
No, no release date has been announced recently.
“Like a miracle, life starts with the pain / Forever this will be” — “Heroes of Sand” by Angra.
“É porque nós gostamos de você. Obrigada por conversar comigo. Vem, me dá a sua mão para andarmos juntos.” — Rei to Shinji (Portuguese dub).

EvaGeeks official Discord server

baldur
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby baldur » Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:56 am

View Original PostKendrix wrote:As wildly as 2.0 changed, it always started with Mari vs Tunniel, and ended with "Eva 01 goes out of control"

Yep, this is what I've been saying. That phrasing, "Eva 01 goes out of control" indicates to me that N3I was always part of the plan.

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:45 pm

View Original PostArcher wrote:You know, I wonder if the changes to the ending of 2.0 explain WHY it seemingly contradicts the beginning of 3.0, with Shinji explicitly triggering 3i and destroying the world instead of it being stopped halfway. If that were the case, 3.0/Shin very well could’ve been the originally planned ending even with all the changes made to 2.0.

There's no contradiction, because in Q it's said that it's Third Impact that destroyed the world, while what Shinji did at the end of 2.0 was Near Third Impact, 2.0's Next Time Preview, WILLE and Kaworu made the distinction between N3I and 3I, the thing is that we don't know what involvement Shinji had with 3I, and he too didn't thought about it, because Kaworu worded things in such a way that made him believe that he was the direct cause of it, and because he later failed to connect the dot of the discrepancies between what Kaworu told him and what he saw in Lilith's Chamber.
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

Konja7
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Konja7 » Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:07 pm

View Original PostElMariachi wrote:There's no contradiction, because in Q it's said that it's Third Impact that destroyed the world, while what Shinji did at the end of 2.0 was Near Third Impact, 2.0's Next Time Preview, WILLE and Kaworu made the distinction between N3I and 3I, the thing is that we don't know what involvement Shinji had with 3I, and he too didn't thought about it, because Kaworu worded things in such a way that made him believe that he was the direct cause of it, and because he later failed to connect the dot of the discrepancies between what Kaworu told him and what he saw in Lilith's Chamber.

In Q, it is never said that the Third Impact destroyed the world.

These are Kaworu's words when he explain the situation:

Ikari Shinji-kun, once Awakened, Eva-01 opened the Door of Guf and became the trigger for Third Impact.
Lilin call it Near Third Impact. It was all initiated by you.

I hope the 3.0 CRC will explain and clarify what happened to the World.

Archer
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby Archer » Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:21 pm

View Original PostKonja7 wrote:
In Q, it is never said that the Third Impact destroyed the world.

These are Kaworu's words when he explain the situation:

Ikari Shinji-kun, once Awakened, Eva-01 opened the Door of Guf and became the trigger for Third Impact.
Lilin call it Near Third Impact. It was all initiated by you.

I hope the 3.0 CRC will explain and clarify what happened to the World.

Surely we don’t have to wait for the CRC’s for that, I refuse to believe that 3.0+1.0 doesn’t address it to at least SOME degree even if it’s only vague hints.

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:04 pm

This looks neat-o!

Google Translate:
"Evangelion New Theatrical Version: Q Complete Works Visual Story Version" to be released in late June 2021
"Film story" with all the cuts and lines of the main story
"Music Cue Sheet"
Follow announcements and Gaya lines "Additional script"
A4 size / text 274P planned / full color

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:49 am

"additional script", huh?

Joseki
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby Joseki » Fri Apr 23, 2021 5:57 am

Oh so they are first releasing the stripped down version without the storyboards and interviews

EDIT: in the official announcement they say it's 3.333, so hopefully they will release it before the book is out.

JoelcrNeto
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby JoelcrNeto » Fri Apr 23, 2021 6:40 am

Finally! June 2021. It will be based on Q:3.333 version (what was already expected), but I would like to know when we will have a blu-ray :sigh:

Just to clarify, the "additional script" has the extras' lines (like background chatters) and official announcements. The machine translation was unable to translate the word "gaya" (ガヤ) properly.
“Like a miracle, life starts with the pain / Forever this will be” — “Heroes of Sand” by Angra.
“É porque nós gostamos de você. Obrigada por conversar comigo. Vem, me dá a sua mão para andarmos juntos.” — Rei to Shinji (Portuguese dub).

EvaGeeks official Discord server

Pluto
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Pluto » Fri Apr 23, 2021 6:43 am

View Original PostKendrix wrote:"additional script", huh?

They talking about adding the background chatter into the script in this visual storybook.

View Original PostJoseki wrote:Oh so they are first releasing the stripped down version without the storyboards and interviews

EDIT: in the official announcement they say it's 3.333, so hopefully they will release it before the book is out.

That's right, from their official announcement, it will just be the images and art from Q. I'm really looking forward to the next volume with the interviews (release date TBA)!
Oh, the clock is ticking out

Joseki
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby Joseki » Fri Apr 23, 2021 7:11 am

I think they will put the interviews in the EVA-EXTRA app under the subscription tier, they have yet to released the 1.0 and 2.0 interviews in a physical format.

TheFriskyIan
Lord Hamburger
Lord Hamburger

•      
  •      

Postby TheFriskyIan » Fri Apr 23, 2021 7:48 am

View Original PostJoseki wrote:I think they will put the interviews in the EVA-EXTRA app under the subscription tier, they have yet to released the 1.0 and 2.0 interviews in a physical format.

Weren't the interviews in the physical bigger copies of the CRC? The paperback didn't have them because they were reprints IIRC.
Please just call me Ian, "TheFrisky" is more of a title.

"Knowledge seeks no Man."

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”