Line and her problems (split)

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

baldur
Shamshel
Shamshel

Re: Line and her problems (split)

Postby baldur » Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:33 pm

Beyond encouraging bad behavior, I can't be the only one who read ErgoProxy's response and sensed some weird fascist undertones, right?

BusterMachine4
Matarael
Matarael

Postby BusterMachine4 » Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:24 pm

View Original Postbaldur wrote:Beyond encouraging bad behavior, I can't be the only one who read ErgoProxy's response and sensed some weird fascist undertones, right?

I sensed it too. My lengthy response to his weird Japanese nationalist tangent may have been off-topic and political, but I feel like it was necessary just to stop people from buying this fascist BS as fact.

baldur
Shamshel
Shamshel

Postby baldur » Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:29 pm

I don't think it was unwarranted, for whatever it's worth. He made it explicitly political, so I think a retort was in order.

Line
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby Line » Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:02 am

View Original PostZusuchan wrote:This thread has been brought back from The Graveyard for the reason of explaining some things and actions.

Line was told she harassed Kendrix by the mod team, because that was how we perceived her response to Kendrix disagreeing with her (a disagreement in no way as forceful or condescending as Line's reply)-and she even received a warning due to that. Now, maybe Kendrix was indeed a bit too strong in expressing her opinion and maybe Line did just misunderstand things, but no matter the facts, Line acted wrongly in her response, a feeling all members of the mod team who have exclaimed their opinions on the matter share. "Harassment" is not just "PMs" or "torment", it can also be lesser actions such as being overly confrontational and rude when disagreeing and then simply saying: "I'm sorry to have triggered you" as if that makes up for all that was said previously.

We are not saying that Line may not have sincerely screwed up-but, even then, the fact she even acted the way she did, while already having had previous troubles on the forum, makes it seem to me at least that she deserved the warning we gave her nonetheless. The thing is, we feel Line needs help, serious, actual help because we consider some of her actions on this forum (such as hinting to be working for Xard) as attempts to gain attention which she does not get in real life. She talked about feeling ignored even on the forum in a PM to Ursus, which only strengthens that belief. Doing things so as to gain attention won't help her and she should seek help, as even people more supportive of her actions than the mod team have said here in this very thread. All the Internet presence in the world will only ever be a distraction from the real problems she has.

Line, I don't mean this to insult you, but know the following is true-I have suffered from serious depression once and also had concerns of being "unheard". I did slightly go ahead and seek for Internet presence too, but what I realized was that it does not help. All the online presence in the world will only mean you have not confronted your problems, but brushed them aside in favor of distractions. It would be better for you to just either leave this place or not seek attention here. Real help, whether in the form of counsel, therapy or family, will always triumph over playing into your insecurities. If you continue your current ways, we think there'll be no choice but to ban you, for much the same reasons we banned Hopelessromantic.

For that matter, we are most definitely banning ErgoProxy for a month. In order to dissuade beliefs that this is simply proof of EGF really being the "cargo cult of one brainchild and her apocrypha", let us present the following reasoning:

ErgoProxy is looking at Line's behavior and straight-out encouraging her to continue as she is, acting as if that is "fighting against the norms" instead of anti-conversational nothingness, bad and overly confrontational behavior and something she should refrain from for her own mental health as well. Not only that, but

Now read my lips: human beings have predatory instincts inherited from their animal ancestors, because if they lacked them, they would gone extinct long ago. You are expected to make careful use of those instincts instead of crying for justice and/or victimizing yourself. Because everybody's doing it, like that. That's the key.

this is even arguing for even worse behavior-and all he says ends up looking as inspiring others to engage in bad behavior too and legitimizing it.

This is not what one should do and those are not values one should propagate-at least not on EGF, since we don't find that permissible here.

Besides from that, there is not much more to say at the moment.

Ban me please and forever. I need to say goodbye to this forum. And erase it from (a part) of my life.
Ban me forever.

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”