Waiting for Evangelion:3.0+1.0

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
xenosaga
Lilith

Re: Waiting for Alcion:3.0+1.0

•      
  •      

Postby xenosaga » Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:51 pm

Yeah I have been spoiled a lot of things in completely not eva related places...

A lot of stuff I wish I didn't know before hand.
Also sprach Zarathustra

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

Re: Waiting for Alcion:3.0+1.0

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:17 am

View Original Postxenosaga wrote:Yeah I have been spoiled a lot of things in completely not eva related places...

A lot of stuff I wish I didn't know before hand.

I feel your pain my friend.

Warning from the Shin subforum's spoiler thread : Khara's official Youtube channel is now full of spoilers, avoid it if you don't want to be spoiled!
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

GhostlyOcam
Ireul
Ireul

Re: Waiting for Evangelion:3.0+1.0

•      
  •      

Postby GhostlyOcam » Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:24 am

Sneak peeks of Evangelion: 3.0's CRC which is now officially in development, featuring rough sketches of Shinji and Sakura from the beginning of the film by Yoshiyuki Sadamoto.
Breathe the air, take in the feeling of peace and harmony.

Joseki
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby Joseki » Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:01 am

I can't wait to not be able to understand the interviews!

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:05 am

View Original PostGhostlyOcam wrote:Sneak peeks of Evangelion: 3.0's CRC which is now officially in development, featuring rough sketches of Shinji and Sakura from the beginning of the film by Yoshiyuki Sadamoto.

So Shinji was initially supposed to have pants with his hospital attire, but the Crocs were a constant! :D

Also it's interesting how Sakura's concept outfit was a mix of Misato's old NERV uniform (one piece skirt with jacket) but with what looks like the same jacket as the rest of the WILLE crew. While that would had made her blend more with the rest of the crew, I can understand that Khara decided to make her stand out more, since she's the new character we see the most in Q.
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

Joseki
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby Joseki » Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:30 am

Does Shinji wear anything under the final version of the dress? :bigeyes:

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Fri Apr 02, 2021 7:49 am

View Original PostJoseki wrote:Does Shinji wear anything under the final version of the dress? :bigeyes:

There are things mankind are not meant to know. :emogendo:

More seriously, this is something some people wondered here, the more logical possibility is that hes wearing a trunk under that dress. (although I remember a humorous fanart of Shinji falling backwards to Asuka's glass punch, revealing to a very flustered German fury his bare nether :hitthetable: )

hui43210
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby hui43210 » Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:01 am

Also looks like some one decided to shrink Sakura a couple of inches in the final version. Personally would have preferred if they didn't, she's supposed to be in her 20's after all.

Also would have preferred if they kept Kawrou's 1.0/2.0 design. He was so cool looking and then they turned him into ducktail dork in time for his biggest role. Oh well, I'm sure there were reasons for these things.
I mean, predictability is the central attraction and the narrative hook that we've all come to expect from the Evangelion franchise. How come Anno can't realize this? Twice? - FreakyFilmFan4ever

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:39 pm

View Original Posthui43210 wrote:Also looks like some one decided to shrink Sakura a couple of inches in the final version. Personally would have preferred if they didn't, she's supposed to be in her 20's after all.

IIRC Sakura is around the same height as Shinji in Q, right? That's the same height she has in the initial sketches if you remove her beret and make Shinji stand straight.

hui43210
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby hui43210 » Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:13 pm

View Original PostElMariachi wrote:
View Original Posthui43210#918623 wrote:Also looks like some one decided to shrink Sakura a couple of inches in the final version. Personally would have preferred if they didn't, she's supposed to be in her 20's after all.

IIRC Sakura is around the same height as Shinji in Q, right? That's the same height she has in the initial sketches if you remove her beret and make Shinji stand straight.

Yeah I realized that after looking at it again in better quality than my phone. My mistake.
I mean, predictability is the central attraction and the narrative hook that we've all come to expect from the Evangelion franchise. How come Anno can't realize this? Twice? - FreakyFilmFan4ever

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:32 pm

View Original Posthui43210 wrote:
View Original PostElMariachi#918681 wrote:IIRC Sakura is around the same height as Shinji in Q, right? That's the same height she has in the initial sketches if you remove her beret and make Shinji stand straight.

Yeah I realized that after looking at it again in better quality than my phone. My mistake.

Which makes me wonder: Sakura is 22, so is she just that smol, or is Shinji tall for his age? (after all, IIRC Gendo is taller than the average)

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Fri Apr 02, 2021 5:15 pm

Sakura and Touji must be one of those cases where one kid looks just like the mom and the other looks just like the dad. Or, one looks like the parents and the other looks just like the aunts & grandparents.

It's been known to happen. I'm a smurf, and one of my sisters is a giant beanpole.
I wanted to try harvesting the rice

I wanted to hold Tsubame more

I wanted to stay together forever with the boy I like

Joseki
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby Joseki » Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:28 pm

View Original PostElMariachi wrote:Which makes me wonder: Sakura is 22, so is she just that smol, or is Shinji tall for his age? (after all, IIRC Gendo is taller than the average)

Shinji is as tall as Asuka and shorter than Mari, I think he’s pretty average if not a tad short.

bobgoesw00t
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby bobgoesw00t » Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:30 pm

View Original PostJoseki wrote:Does Shinji wear anything under the final version of the dress? :bigeyes:

I think that's up to each individual to decide for themselves xD
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!

baldur
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby baldur » Sat Apr 03, 2021 12:25 am

ElMariachi wrote:(although I remember a humorous fanart of Shinji falling backwards to Asuka's glass punch, revealing to a very flustered German fury his bare nether :hitthetable: )

lmfao

GhostlyOcam
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby GhostlyOcam » Sat Apr 03, 2021 3:42 am

View Original Posthui43210 wrote:Also would have preferred if they kept Kawrou's 1.0/2.0 design. He was so cool looking and then they turned him into ducktail dork in time for his biggest role. Oh well, I'm sure there were reasons for these things.

Same, not really a big fan of the spiky hair. I guess the only way to see Kaworu in action with the old hairstyle is on that weird but cool Eva-04 vs Ramiel pachinko short.

GhostlyOcam
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby GhostlyOcam » Wed Apr 07, 2021 4:30 am

(Tweet contains screencap from new TV spot)
Another stage greeting event will be held on April 11 on Shinjuku Wald 9 featuring Megumi Ogata, Kazuya Tsurumaki, Mahiro Maeda, and HIDEAKI ANNO HIMSELF.

YOU READ THAT RIGHT.

A LIVE EVENT WITH ANNO.

Joseki
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby Joseki » Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:02 am

"PLEASE KEEP BUYING MOVIE TICKETS, DO IT FOR BEST HUSBANDO ANNO-KUN" - Studio khara

Kireek
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Kireek » Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:22 pm

View Original PostGhostlyOcam wrote:(Tweet contains screencap from new TV spot)
Another stage greeting event will be held on April 11 on Shinjuku Wald 9 featuring Megumi Ogata, Kazuya Tsurumaki, Mahiro Maeda, and HIDEAKI ANNO HIMSELF.

YOU READ THAT RIGHT.

A LIVE EVENT WITH ANNO.

Well, if they don’t mention anything about an international release here then see you in 2 years time.

hui43210
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby hui43210 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:02 pm

View Original PostKireek wrote:
Well, if they don’t mention anything about an international release here then see you in 2 years time.

They won't because it's a domestic event, but the notion that it'll take two years to be released is absurd. We will see it within the year.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”