25th anniversary of Episode 26 airing

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End
The Beginning and The End

25th anniversary of Episode 26 airing

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:03 pm

This is something that sort of slipped past the radar, but March 27 was the 25th anniversary of Episode 26 airing. It's now been 25 years since everyone congratulated Shinji, since AU Rei came running to school with a piece of toast in her mouth, and so much other memetic weirdness was born...not to mention 25 years of a hugely influential media franchise within Japan.

So, to all the children, congratulations! And don't turn into tang!

For those of you who were around at the dawn of Evangelion fandom, how does it feel? I came to this site on 2007 but first heard of Evangelion sometime around 2005, at around the 10th anniversary of the series's original airing.
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

Re: 25th anniversary of Episode 26 airing

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:34 pm

I came into the fandom right when Jo was getting its English DVD release by Funimation in 2009, and when Ha was just dropping in Japan. I'm glad that I was able to be around to see two new movies come out, and to actually go see one of them in person in Japan! Fortunately, I managed to catch screenings of Jo and Ha in the US (no Q, though.)

Szmitten
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

Re: 25th anniversary of Episode 26 airing

•      
  •      

Postby Szmitten » Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:09 am

I intended to have a weekly rewatch for the 25th anniversary since October using the Archives DVDs and watch it in realtime but slipped up and am marathoning it since a week ago. First watched in 2004-2005.

Fandom entry I guess would have been around then on the AnimeNation(?) Eva board before everyone transitioned here?

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”