The last film brought me back to my roots.

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

The last film brought me back to my roots.

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Wed Mar 10, 2021 7:25 am

Oh, gosh. It's been nearly five years already.

I joined the forums eight years ago. I was an avid user for four years-- perhaps a bit too avid, getting into long, winding discussions that had nothing to do with Evangelion. It lead to moments of conflict, moments of hurt, and eventually I couldn't take it anymore and left. 3.33 was long gone by 2016 and there wasn't much to keep me here. A short stint in the discord server ended with more disagreements and hurt feelings and I thought I was done.

And then today I went to go see Shin Evangelion and it all brought me back. This forum is where I learned about the significance of the A-10 nerve connection. It's where I fanboyed over what 3.33 might be and what 4.44 (heh) would become. Evangelion is fun to analyze, a fun sandbox in which to dig for deeper meaning and personal significance. And I could do all that on my own, but it's more fun to do it here.

There are a lot of new faces. I recognize a lot of old ones, too. It's a strange sort of homecoming, seeing where everyone wound up. I was only 15 when I joined the forums, and now I'm 23. I took a nearly five-year break at the end of my teens. Graduated college. Started an indie translation company. Got a job as a teacher. Moved to Japan. Joined a larger translation company. If 15-year old me could have seen me now, I think he'd be pleased with the direction my life went.

I just want to come back here and talk about Evangelion with people again. It's an emotional experience to watch this movie, seven years after Q. I want to share those emotions with people, see what other people think, watch it all over again when the BD comes out and pause and screencap and squeal with delight at the hidden details we all find.

I noted The Imperialist made a dedicated thread. Seemed appropriate to do the same. I'm excited to go to the Rebuild subforum again and talk about this darn movie. I don't know how much time I'll spend... but it'll definitely be some.

I'm home!

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

Re: The last film brought me back to my roots.

•      
  •      

Postby child of Lilith » Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:37 am

Another has returned. Welcome back.
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

"Happy people can be so cruel"- Claudia, Silent Hill 3

"everlasting, true love, I am yours"- Rule of Rose

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:26 am

Hi there!
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Blockio
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:33 am

Welcome back! Your posts were very much before my time, but I read some of your old posts while crawling threads, glad to have you around again nonetheless!
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
Your point of view is horny, and biased. ~ glitz2hard
What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

Zusuchan
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Zusuchan » Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:21 am

Hi! You were also gone before my time, but I've glimpsed a few of your posts here and there and liked most of what I saw. Welcome back to the forum! I sincerely hope you'll like your stay here.

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End
The Beginning and The End

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Wed Mar 10, 2021 1:05 pm

Nuclear Lunchbox wrote:Oh, gosh. It's been nearly five years already.

I know the feeling. Welcome back, Nuke-kun!

There are a lot of new faces. I recognize a lot of old ones, too. It's a strange sort of homecoming, seeing where everyone wound up. I was only 15 when I joined the forums, and now I'm 23. I took a nearly five-year break at the end of my teens. Graduated college. Started an indie translation company. Got a job as a teacher. Moved to Japan. Joined a larger translation company. If 15-year old me could have seen me now, I think he'd be pleased with the direction my life went.

You've done very well for yourself, I must say!
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

Line
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Line » Thu Mar 18, 2021 4:08 am

Welcome back! Aren't you the one who did have "do not resuscitate" in his signature not so long ago? It's so good to see olds faces you told yourself you won't never have the chance to interact with, coming back here for such recent members as me :ritsuko_mug:
Ban me forever.

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Mon Mar 22, 2021 4:08 pm

It's good to have you back! You helped me get adjusted to LA several years ago when I first moved down here, and I was bummed when I heard you were leaving the community on what seemed like not the best of terms. Hopefully whatever happened in the past has been reconciled, and if it was anything to do with the site itself that we've shown improvement on our end. When we met, you were only just getting into college, so I'm excited to hear that you've done so much with it (unlike myself lol). Congratulations on living the dream! If I ever do fulfill my planned trip to Japan that got cancelled last summer due to COVID, I would like to look you up and catch up with a drink or two (if that's your thing). I'm glad to know you're doing well, Nuke.
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

::KL7::
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby ::KL7:: » Sat Mar 27, 2021 8:17 pm

Welcome back. I haven't been on for a while myself but saw your username pop up while I was lurking. Has it been 5 years? Damn!
It's Ok if you hate me, I hate me too.

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”