[Tech] Help needed with computer stuff...

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

perfected_sound
Adam

[Tech] Help needed with computer stuff...

•      
  •      

Postby perfected_sound » Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:49 am

I'm trying to burn dvd's of video files that I've downloaded and I need either:
a. A converter to convert avi to wmv with NO drop in picture quality (i.e. no pixelation)
or
b. A program that can actually just burn dvd's (playable in normal dvd players like a ps2) from files such as avi or other common files.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Seriously.

As a preemptive thanks, I'll leave you with this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoXgRtDysLY
Remember that you will die. -persona3

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:53 am

DVDs are fixed framerate mpeg2 streams, unless you have something that can convert wmv to mpeg2 video, you may has well start with the avi, since any transcoding is a loss in quality.

I don't know of any programs that can author DVDs for you on windows, maybe Brik knows.

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

•      
  •      

Postby BrikHaus » Tue Sep 18, 2007 9:09 am

A great program for transcoding AVI to MPG is TMPGEnc. There is a free version that has almost all the features of the full version. There are a lot of good features you can use on it, but it is even fairly straightforward for beginners.

As far as authoring DVDs, I use DVD-Lab-Pro, but it is expensive and not for beginners. I'm not sure what a good program would be to start with, maybe Nero?
Awesomely Shitty
-"That purace has more badassu maddafaakas zan supermax spaceland."
-On EMF, as a thread becomes longer, the likelihood that fem-Kaworu will be mentioned increases exponentially.
-the only English language novel actually being developed in parallel to its Japanese version involving a pan-human Soviet in a galactic struggle to survive and to export the communist utopia/revolution to all the down trodden alien class and race- one of the premise being that Khrushchev remains and has abandoned Lysenko stupidity

Cogboy
Shamshel
Shamshel

Re: Help needed with computer stuff...

•      
  •      

Postby Cogboy » Tue Sep 18, 2007 9:59 am

perfected_sound wrote:I'm trying to burn dvd's of video files that I've downloaded and I need either:
a. A converter to convert avi to wmv with NO drop in picture quality (i.e. no pixelation)
or
b. A program that can actually just burn dvd's (playable in normal dvd players like a ps2) from files such as avi or other common files.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Seriously.

As a preemptive thanks, I'll leave you with this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoXgRtDysLY

This is all you need. [url]http://www.dvdflick.net/[/url]
"My point? "Sick and Depraved" is a banana." - Soluzar.

"I have those frameless glasses and shit. And emo glasses, but I broke them 'cause I got angry. :( " - Shnooks.

"Old quotes are old" - Cogboy

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”