LCL acronym

For serious and at times in-depth discussions only, covering the original TV series, the movies End of Evangelion and Death & Rebirth.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
Podferio
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Podferio » Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:15 am

View Original PostCarling wrote:I thought it was "Absolute Terror"

lol you're right XD My mistake
I watched lots of animes but none is better than NGE :)

After watching NGE, other animes just won't do anymore for me...

cd603
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby cd603 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:44 pm

Maybe they called it "Link Connected Liquid" because it tries to show that all humans are connected and that the A.T. Field is the only thing spearating them from one another.

flapjack
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby flapjack » Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:32 pm

If L.C.L. was depicted in the D.S.S., then it may be that L.C.L. stands for

"Lilith -something hebrew or greek or arabic- x2".

Although "LCL" didn't come directly out of the actual Dead Sea Scrolls, it may originate from the Zohar, which is the book detailing lilith and the angels. Gainax could have found inspiration for the acronym there.

This could mean that L.C.L. does not describe the liquid, but simply refers to it. That isn't a major trend of the allusions in Eva; Most of the names represent a use or function.

it could mean "Lilith's Covenant Lily" (lily was a metaphor used in the zohar when describing genesis) or simply "Lilith's Covenant of Life"

I'll research this a bit, but i hope this gives food for thought?

Rafael
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Rafael » Sat Oct 16, 2010 1:30 am

Lurianic Circle Liquid?

Its the only thing Kabbalah related thing I could think of.
I went to Seele Elementary when I was a child. No joke. Google it.
I am Zordon.

BakaBakaBaka
Embryo

Re: LCL acronym

•      
  •      

Postby BakaBakaBaka » Mon Mar 15, 2021 6:49 am

First Time Poster. I found this thread in the search, so if there is a newer thread then happy to have you point me that way instead.

One of the things that I love about Evangelion is how detailed and layered it is. So the fact that there is no clear meaning to LCL has bugged me. Evangelion got me interested in the Kabbalah and during lockdown last year I decided to start learning Hebrew. During my lunchbreak today I got to thinking, there are three ways to render LCL in the Hebrew alefbet; לחל, לכל AND לקל. The one that looks most like LCL, לכל, isn't a word on its own but is a componund of -ל which means of or to, and כל which means all or everything. So instead of an acronym it could in fact be a word meaning 'of everything' which, given the primordial fluid is the stuff that makes up all life, makes sense to me. It may also explain why LCL is inconsistently displayed throughout the show.

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End
The Beginning and The End

Re: LCL acronym

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Sat Mar 20, 2021 6:04 pm

That is a fascinating possibility, and I can't think of a cooler bit of information to resurrect this ancient thread with. Much appreciated!
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

Return to “Evangelion TV Series + EoE Discussion”