Question about Shinji Ikari Raising Project game ending

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
Slowpokeking
Sachiel
Sachiel

Question about Shinji Ikari Raising Project game ending

•      
  •      

Postby Slowpokeking » Fri Mar 12, 2021 7:03 pm

In the Keeping Company ending, where Shinji asked

SPOILER: Show
Misato to be together, she said no, then moments later he said "that was..terrible"

Does that mean that they slept together or simply got refused?

I think the game is overall fine, just that the character style was a bit too distant.

Slowpokeking
Sachiel
Sachiel

Re: Question about Shinji Ikari Raising Project game ending

•      
  •      

Postby Slowpokeking » Sun Mar 14, 2021 11:59 am

OMG this is REALLY SHOCKING

SPOILER: Show

I was really shocked when I played this ending. I'm not talking about who does Shinji love or is it related to canon, you can choose your romance option.

I mean this is what probably I once dreamed to happen. It's quite romantic that to live with the person you love(I have been a HUGE fan of Misato). But...

I feel it's a bit disrespectful against Misato because even if she wants to be with Shinji, this is not the world she wanted, without anyone else especially her friends. It's a bit too selfish to put her in such situation. I don't think it's what you should do if you truly love someone.

So I feel a bit disgraceful about my excitement when I firstly saw it. It's like desire VS morality.

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Tue Mar 16, 2021 3:31 am

These aren't the same ending tho.

The is one of the bad endings. Or at least it's supposed to be a neutral/ambiguous one.
There's a "SEELE wins" variant if you fail completely & then i you get Shinji's relationship with one of the girl high enough you get this "beach/ adam & Eve" ending.

IDK if this is a deliberate divergence (because this sort of game, by genre conventions, needs clear win/lose states) or if the devs of the game didn't really get EoEs ending or at least subscribed to the "those are the only 2 survivors, no one else came back" interpretation

The ambiguous/ deliberately eerie aspect is present in all of them (The whole 'together forever' line for example) but it's the most explicit in the Rei one which is a real knife twist/ horror moment. (I kinda love that fact even if it really fucked me up. The dialogue is pretty good actually)
It goes like this:
Rei: "So you have chosen to bind me to yourself just like your father."
Shinji: "No... i'd hoped that you'd want to come back & live together with everyone out of your own will..."
Rei: "Isn't that the same? ... well, it doesn't matter now. Keep imagining me. As long as you keep calling me that, I will remain 'Ayanami Rei'. " * fade to black *

There's a 3rd option where you get the "friends" parameter up by hanging out with Touji & kensuke enough, in that case, the result is an AU verse where everyone's happy but Shinji doesn't exist. (And only Kaworu remembers him, Homura style)

You can unlock two other 'routes' one that's like the ep 26 AU, and one that starts out with some wacky fanservice scenarios early on but then gradually turns into something like a semi-serious fixit fic.
There#s even a possibility where you chose to go back to the semi-serious route from the ep 26-esque one, which the fun side effect that it looks like Gendo did a heel face turn because of how Teacher!Misato chewed him out in the AU world's PTA meeting.
Though you can also slide back to the 'og series esque' one at any point if you don't get enough points.

And all those then have separate little segments for which job Shinji gets & how well he does at it (based on his stats) & who he ends up with (if anyone at all) On the Fixit AU route you end up moving in with them, on ep Ep 26 Au one you get a cute wedding dress artwork, but in any case it's stated that you get together.
Alas, no wedding dress for Kaworu, but you can move in with him, too.

I love the hilarious one where Shinji goes to college together with Mana and Rei, and Asuka is his professor.

Though the one where he marries the one nerdy NERV techie is also fun if only because Gendo and Yui are presumably very hopeful that she'll pop out mad scientist grandkids. ^^°
I wanted to try harvesting the rice

I wanted to hold Tsubame more

I wanted to stay together forever with the boy I like

Slowpokeking
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby Slowpokeking » Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:10 am

Yeah I know the routes and went through them. The marriage one was so sweet while I hope this one could exist in the Pathos route since campus route felt a bit off because all the past experience and bond weren't there.

I'm mostly asking that did the first one I posted mean a fail in romance with Misato? I watched other options and it's all about Misato saying Shinji was hanging out with the girl.

Blockio
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Wed Mar 17, 2021 2:47 pm

I wouldn't obsess over it too much. SIRP is not exactly know for stellar or even consistent writing.
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
Your point of view is horny, and biased. ~ glitz2hard
What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

Slowpokeking
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby Slowpokeking » Wed Mar 17, 2021 3:38 pm

View Original PostBlockio wrote:I wouldn't obsess over it too much. SIRP is not exactly know for stellar or even consistent writing.

It's giving ppl chance to choose whatever ending they wanted. Other than the Misato romance, I really feel happy to see that Shinji could continue to fight at the same time save all his companions from tragic fate, such as pushed Asuka out when she was mentally tortured. It was so cool to see the 5 teens fighting SEELE's units in the end.

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”