How is Mana Kirishima's character?

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
Slowpokeking
Sachiel
Sachiel

How is Mana Kirishima's character?

•      
  •      

Postby Slowpokeking » Mon Mar 15, 2021 6:33 pm

She was voiced by Rei's VA. Is she a more "human" version of Rei?

Blockio
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

Re: How is Mana Kirishima's character?

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Mon Mar 15, 2021 6:39 pm

Personality-wise, Mana could probably be considered a proto-Mari.
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
Your point of view is horny, and biased. ~ glitz2hard
What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

Slowpokeking
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby Slowpokeking » Mon Mar 15, 2021 6:57 pm

In Shinji Raising Project she really didn't have much plot, while being a romance option.

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Tue Mar 16, 2021 3:00 am

I wouldn't consider her particularly similar to Rei OR Mari.

Though it's amusing that Raising Project has a scene where Yui, Mana & Rei are all in the same scene & hayashibara manages to keep them all straight. Even more difficult 'cause this is AU Rei who sounds more similar to Mana. That woman has incredible range XDD

The OG GoS is on youtube with English subs so the best way would be to form your own impression, but I'd describe her as very perky, forward and spontaneous. She just randomly invites herself to whatever Shinji & co are doing at various points. Bit of a weakness for lakes & romantic natural scenery. Ended up where she did 'cause apparently her father's a drunkard and the mother's too ineffectual to be much help.
She has some points where she gets serious like when she's worried about her old teammates, or gets upset at the prospect of causing strife between Shinji & his own.

Further spinoffs like SIRP lifted mostly the "perky spontaneous forward flirty girl" part for obvious reasons.

Story wise I'd say it's marmite, Second Impression was closer to original flavor, but it's not nearly as wacky/ pure comedy as GOS2 or the raising project Manga (the *game* is loads more serious than the manga, for all that it has its wacky sabisu moments - in that one Mana is basically a normal classmate like Hikari).
There are some points here & there that are defs over the line OOC (Asuka wouldn't have offered to become Mana's replacement, Shinji should've reacted way more to the spy thing since it would be a confirmation of his worst fear that everyone just wants him cause of his job, and there's no way Rei would keep a maor secret from Gendo during the action arc - she was kinda underutilized in general & there were some instances of kinda forced dialogue) but overall it's good nuff for a fun spinoff, I found the best part to be Misato & Kaji scenes.
I wanted to try harvesting the rice

I wanted to hold Tsubame more

I wanted to stay together forever with the boy I like

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”