[SPOILERS] Question/theory about rebuild SEELE-Gendou-Adam

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Luchin-san
Embryo

[SPOILERS] Question/theory about rebuild SEELE-Gendou-Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Luchin-san » Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:01 pm

Hello everybody, I just want to discuss about what are the SEELE’ plans on rebuild, since they seem a lot different than that from the series+EoE. I’ve read spoilers about 3.0+1.0, but I’ll try not to spoil so much, and I’ll mark it on hide. Maybe it has some blank spaces, so I’m hoping to learn more.

On NGE, we don’t know about first impact, and the second one was caused using Adam alone. For the third impact, SEELE needed Lilith (or its direct clone, eva-01 on EoE) in order to reunite all humanity and force its evolution, and they were working on it during the series. After eva-04’s incident, they learned about the S2 organ with the dummy plug (pilots are known worldwide, so if there was a pilot for the eva-04, it would be the fourth, and Touji would be the fifth, but Gendou told Ritsuko on ep.17 that they will choose the fourth for eva-03) and sent other evas into Japan because they didn’t need them anymore. If it would really be due to fear from other countries (as the Misato was told by Ritsuko), there’s no reason to build the eva series semi-secretly and outside Japan. Also, their disbelief of Gendou was increasing every time, and they wanted to grant their own wish with or without him. Gendou itself wanted to reunite with Yui by using both Adam and Lilith in a full impact (using the soul of Lilith inside Rei), against SEELE’s design, and didn’t have a real plan for eva-01, other than keep Yui’s soul in a safe place before instrumentation, where it can be released from its place.

On rebuild the development is different from the start. The second impact was caused using 4 of the 9 adams (the four crosses on 2nd impact may be the four open coffins before Kaworu), so just Lilith (or its equivalent, eva-01 and lilith’s soul inside Rei) was necessary for third impact, and this time, Gendou knew it, and worked without Adam, which was just the stop (as Kaworu and Mark-06) and let the people killed (as infinity falls) but not merged. This time, there was an angel captured alive, and the experiments were leading into another direction. There was not really a need to use souls for the evas, so my theory is that just eva 01 had other soul attached to it. That’s why mari can synch with eva 05-02-08, and Asuka can use eva 02-03 without worrying about the mother-child link. Also Asuka never mentioned her mother on Rebuild, and neither have any complex about it. She just say she’s alone.

Also on rebuild, hey learned how to clone people effectively. There’s an Ayanami series (if I remember well, it’s not said to anyone that Rei is a relative of sorts, as Gendou told Naoko on NGE), do it’s not a secret for anybody but Shinji. On 3.0+1.0 there’s a Shikinami series (and can we assume a Makinami series? That would explain the real eva-curse, as the clones may not grow more than the 14 years (maybe due to the age Misato had on 2nd impact, but that’s more imaginative than anything), and would explain the adult Mari along Yui on it’s photo, as the original Mari Makinami could effectively pass her own soul into a new body, keeping them all of her own business). The final piece was the eva-04 incident, but this time this served as a test for developing new units this way, as all the 04-series from 3.0. On 3.0+1.0 is told that the second impact erased life on the ocean and the third erased life on earth (except for the survivors), so the fourth one must take all the souls as the EoE impact, but on this reality, SEELE is not really against Gendou, and they even feel satisfied from dying on 3.0 before fouth impact (even when it wasn’t completed after). They helped NERV for being more automatic and relying less on people, what could explain the way NERV worked after third impact, with just Gendou and Fuyutsuki alive.

As for the evas, I think eva-00 was a prototype without a soul (as Rei have the lilith one) or with any random soul (maybe Naoko this time), eva-01 was the definitive lilith clone with Yui’s soul, and evas 02 through 05 are just mechanic evas that relieve on the pilot soul (eva 02 somehow has the beast-mode, that uses the pilot energy for unleashing its potential). Mark 06 was an adam without soul (as kaworu has it inside a body (maybe a nagisa series?)) and eva 07-08 are just mechanical ones. Then, for eva 3.0+1.0, evas 09-10-11-12 may be the final four adams in order to truly unleash final impact. Shin-Eva-13 is a special one, made a clone of the soulless mix of Adam(Mark-06) and Lilith as seen on 3.0, so it needs two souls for working, hasn’t any ATfield at fusing two bodies into one, and itself can trigger a perfect impact using Kaworu’s soul (Gendou’s plan was to betray SEELE after their death, by killing kaworu and stopping the impact, in order to fulfill his actual plan of using 4 more adams and eva-13 instead of just the eva).

I don’t really know the actual plan of SEELE, and why is so satisfied with the results. Maybe the impact from EoE wasn’t successful because all of the people’s souls weren’t united, and their differences and thoughts made them impossible to merge into one, but this time, as all of the people turn into the falls, they don’t have their individuality anymore, so it’s easier for them to merge with souls without any humanity left. I hope this post is ok, and if I made any mistake (both from the theory itself, or from my english) please let me know.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”