Spoiler Tags

Important site and forum news, announcements, and feedback goes here.

Moderator: Board Staff

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:19 am

View Original PostHyper Shinchan wrote:You're right, your spoiler colour works correctly if I change my settings to "no overlap".

But it's a good catch, as if my post were one up or down the chain it still wouldn't work. So, you'd have to use two colors to get the proper effect, and it wouldn't work as intended if someone had different settings. IOW not much of a solution.

Ah well. At least the sblock works effectively.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:31 am

If Ornette could pull it, my preference would be for:

1) Making the current "spoiler" tags into "hide". (Very misleading as it is right now.)
2) Adding a new "spoiler" fixture like what tvtropes et al. have.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Stryker
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Stryker » Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:23 pm

I'm behind that, could it happen. It doesn't seem too difficult, right?
The Moats of Quotes
"Life is becoming more and more indistinguishable from Onion articles." ~Monk Ed
"Oh my gods, that is awesome. I am inclined to forgive both Grant and the dub in general for that." ~Bagheera
"I don't try to engage in intelligent conversation here anymore."~Chee
"Look, if loving a clone of your mom is wrong, I don't wanna be right." ~Chuckman

|Why angels fight.|What Bagheera is talking about.|

riffraff11235
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby riffraff11235 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:01 pm

View Original PostReichu wrote:1) Making the current "spoiler" tags into "hide". (Very misleading as it is right now.)
2) Adding a new "spoiler" fixture like what tvtropes et al. have.

This would probably work best. As we all know, spoiler tags have been multitasking a lot in this forum.
だから みんな 死んでしまえば いいのに... では, あなたは何故, ココにいるの? ...ココにいても, いいの?
"Cogito ergo sum." - Rene Descartes
"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes
Avatar: Asuka is superior. That is all.
PSN - riffraff-11235 Feel free to add me. PM me on EGF if you do.
Steam - rifffraff11235

League of Legends - riffraff11235
Osu! - riffraff11235

ZapX
Guided by the New Era
Guided by the New Era

•      
  •      

Postby ZapX » Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:05 pm

That'd be good and all, but...
View Original PostOrnette wrote:That system only works with in-line spoilers (and you can do that now anyways, people have in the past, by simply using the [color] tag). It doesn't work for images, or, if someone is posting a large spoiler filled review, you wouldn't want to scroll through a page of blank nothing if you wanted to skip it.

Personally, I think it's fine as it is, but I wouldn't be opposed to having two different tabs either. I don't have a really strong opinion on it one way or another though; just pointing out why the TVTropes style wouldn't work here.
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ"Stop watching anime. it makes you think all girls are incredibly hot and shy, and there are 10 that all want your boner which just isn't true." -Brik-aniki

"I CAN'T HELP IT THAT I WANT TO EAT MY OWN VULVA AND SHARE IT WITH A LOVED ONE!"-Reichu

"I have a fetish for naked women with stigmata playing ping pong in the mud. Is there a name for that?" -Kaiser O-Ornette-dono-sama

“Don’t do that; that was probably hooker money.” -SSD on me holding money with my mouth

Huagh
Adam

Re: Spoiler Tags

•      
  •      

Postby Huagh » Sun Mar 07, 2021 4:58 pm

SPOILER: Show
Checking to see how to do this, don't mind me.

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End
The Beginning and The End

Re: Spoiler Tags

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Sun Mar 07, 2021 5:02 pm

There's another way to do this now - just hide the text like this. Click on it to reveal the text.
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

Return to “EvaGeeks News and Feedback”