Evangelion ANIMA (general)

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
Arcadia's legacy
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

Re: Evangelion ANIMA (general)

•      
  •      

Postby Arcadia's legacy » Wed Feb 10, 2021 6:21 pm

Good is subjective. One mans garbage could be another mans treasure
Never let the flame that is hope burn out, for despite the length of the night, the sunrise will always come
""Trolling the audience" is the same thing as "challenging the audience" (to an audience that doesn't want to be challenged)." -Reichu

Blockio
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Wed Feb 10, 2021 6:27 pm

Enjoyable is subjective; there is some objective measure of the quality of a story, and considering the sheer amount of completely unexplained events, plot points that just go nowhere until they are silently never mentioned again, dry technobabble in places that are supposed to invoke the feeling of a fact-paced battle, obsession over how much the boobs of Rei and Asuka have grown since the series and the genrally erratic style of writing, you can definitely say that Anima is not a good story
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
Your point of view is horny, and biased. ~ glitz2hard
What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

Jäeger
Temp-Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Jäeger » Fri Feb 12, 2021 2:21 am

View Original PostBlockio wrote:Enjoyable is subjective; there is some objective measure of the quality of a story, and considering the sheer amount of completely unexplained events, plot points that just go nowhere until they are silently never mentioned again, dry technobabble in places that are supposed to invoke the feeling of a fact-paced battle, obsession over how much the boobs of Rei and Asuka have grown since the series and the genrally erratic style of writing, you can definitely say that Anima is not a good story

It isn't.....but man, you have to admit how funny it is.
Do american "cool" people know that in Europe only alcoholics and homeless drink wine without food by their side???

Blockio
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:43 am

I've talked about this on the discord the other day, but despite its crazy plots, actually reading Anima is just kinda boring more than anything else. It's written closer to the style of a buerocratic incident report for the most part, all the crazyness just gets drowned out in dry exposition and technobabble.
Probably the best comparison would be a neural network trained exclusively on Tolkien and said incident reports that is then given transcripts of the show and told to extrapolate, with the more egregious mistakes in grammar edited out. Most of it just kinda.... exists
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

Jäeger
Temp-Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Jäeger » Sun Feb 14, 2021 2:11 am

View Original PostBlockio wrote:I've talked about this on the discord the other day, but despite its crazy plots, actually reading Anima is just kinda boring more than anything else. It's written closer to the style of a buerocratic incident report for the most part, all the crazyness just gets drowned out in dry exposition and technobabble.
Probably the best comparison would be a neural network trained exclusively on Tolkien and said incident reports that is then given transcripts of the show and told to extrapolate, with the more egregious mistakes in grammar edited out. Most of it just kinda.... exists

Man, you are talking to somebody who enjoys Nicholas Cage's recent filmography.....I embrace crazyness

But yeah, I agree, is very poorly written, like it was made by an A.I.
Do american "cool" people know that in Europe only alcoholics and homeless drink wine without food by their side???

FXArmaros98
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby FXArmaros98 » Sun Feb 14, 2021 7:37 am

Volume Four was the craziest and funniest. We got interesting things like this
SPOILER: Show
Shinji who becomes a Towart and on the moon fights against Mari and her beasts to protect Asuka while he must also win some sort of mental battle with his heart that has developed a personality.
plus this
Armaros who is revealed to be the Shinji and Evangelion Unit 01 of a previous world incarnation. Such a shame the book didn't reveal to us how the hell did that Shinji / Eva 01 take the form of Armaros and reach the world of ANIMA after winning the Human Body Valley battle (this had something to do with the Ark and the Apple Core right?)
and to conclude this
Shinji who after taking the form of the Giant of Light and causing a Third Impact has apparently distorted reality through the creation of his own dream world.

I am too curious to read the Fifth Volume.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Wed Mar 03, 2021 12:51 am

I'd want to read for the sheer madness because it could be amusing, but maybe I wouldn't like ANIMA if the writing style's dry, save for the action scenes. Hm.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Blockio
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Wed Mar 03, 2021 7:50 am

The problem with Anima is that even the action scenes are dry :(
Sure, it sounds absolutely batshit insane when you sum up the plot, but the actual writing style is more what happens when you feed a text generator ai a bunch of buerocratic reports and Tolkien

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:00 pm

Oh sheesh, that's a disappointment. Eh, I'm fine with the general summaries I've gotten, then. (Including having my 'ship be somewhat of a canon thing, even if it's in a batshit insane Yamashita manner :tongue:)
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Blockio
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:09 pm

Yeah, for anime you do kinda have to settle for cool isolated tidbits and "huh that'S a neat idea, that makes for a good concept to elaborate on in fanfic"

Jäeger
Temp-Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Jäeger » Sat Mar 06, 2021 4:13 am

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:Oh sheesh, that's a disappointment. Eh, I'm fine with the general summaries I've gotten, then. (Including having my 'ship be somewhat of a canon thing, even if it's in a batshit insane Yamashita manner :tongue:)

CRAZY and funny ideas written in a very poorly way. That's to way to sum up ANIMA. And still I've just reserved the 5th volume :D

And yeah, if there is a canon ship, is that. Even in a creepey way (his hairs as a reliquary).

FXArmaros98
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby FXArmaros98 » Sat Mar 06, 2021 3:01 pm

And yeah, if there is a canon ship, is that. Even in a creepey way (his hairs as a reliquary).

Jäeger There may be a better form of love than using the hairs of the person you love for increase the AT-Field's power of the yours bullets ? :wink: :shifty:

Remember Jäeger less and less disturbing than what will happen next
Asuka is the new mother of Shinji and Evangelion Unit 01 :w00t:

Believe me folks it will be a really fantastic experience to cry for having seen the latest Rebuilds movie and then remain perplexed by Yamashita's madness present in Volume Five :nyao:

Jäeger
Temp-Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Jäeger » Sat Mar 06, 2021 3:04 pm

View Original PostFXArmaros98 wrote:

Jäeger There may be a better form of love than using the hairs of the person you love for increase the AT-Field's power of the yours bullets ? :wink: :shifty:

Remember Jäeger less and less disturbing than what will happen next
Asuka is the new mother of Shinji and Evangelion Unit 01 :w00t:

Believe me folks it will be a really fantastic experience to cry for having seen the latest Rebuilds movie and then remain perplexed by Yamashita's madness present in Volume Five :nyao:

Yeah....

The rebirth.....

Yamashita, please....winners don't use drugs

FXArmaros98
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby FXArmaros98 » Sat Mar 06, 2021 3:17 pm

Jäeger Heck if I think that's just will be a small part of the madness that will be in the fifth volume .... I can't wait to read it :D

Jäeger
Temp-Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Jäeger » Sat Mar 06, 2021 4:57 pm

View Original PostFXArmaros98 wrote:Jäeger Heck if I think that's just will be a small part of the madness that will be in the fifth volume .... I can't wait to read it :D

But, If I recall right, during that "birth" Asuka and Eva Synthesis are separate entities.
Last edited by Jäeger on Sun Mar 07, 2021 4:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

FXArmaros98
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby FXArmaros98 » Sat Mar 06, 2021 6:07 pm

Jäeger I do not remember the precise details of that scene, but perhaps it would be better if given that the fifth Volume unlike the others has not yet been sold, it would be better if you edit your post and use the spoiler tag for that particular information.

Jäeger
Temp-Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Jäeger » Sun Mar 07, 2021 4:08 am

View Original PostFXArmaros98 wrote:Jäeger I do not remember the precise details of that scene, but perhaps it would be better if given that the fifth Volume unlike the others has not yet been sold, it would be better if you edit your post and use the spoiler tag for that particular information.

My undone mistake

FXArmaros98
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby FXArmaros98 » Sun Mar 07, 2021 12:13 pm

View Original PostJäeger wrote:Yamashita, please....winners don't use drugs

I've just been on a Live of Facebook's page of some of my conationals, when in the comments section I asked about if someone who will liked a future ANIMA's anime ,one person replied to my comment asking if I liked have some cocaine :w00t:

Well Jäeger now you have the certainty that you are not the only one who reconnects ANIMA to drugs.

Zethus Thorne
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Zethus Thorne » Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:37 am

Does Rei or any of her clone ever cried in ANIMA?

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Fri Mar 12, 2021 3:52 pm

I don't remember RN if any actually cried but the Rei clones all experience some moments of angst/turmoil

You could say that the whole plot starts because Shinji makes a poor choice when buying her a gift
I wanted to try harvesting the rice

I wanted to hold Tsubame more

I wanted to stay together forever with the boy I like

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”