Fanfic Story Ideas, Mk. II

Everything Evangelion Fanfiction related.

Moderators: Derantor, Board Staff

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

Re: Fanfic Story Ideas, Mk. II

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Sat Dec 19, 2020 5:03 pm

this reminds me of the sheer contrast that happens when we see what Homura was like before all the timelooping, & they animate all the little shy nervous gesturing
Or the steven universe movie where the antagonist gets whacked with her own memory wipe gizmo and her "factory settings" self is an adorable (if somewhat annoying/clingy) cartoon, immediately prompting the question of how she got that way
I wanted to try harvesting the rice

I wanted to hold Tsubame more

I wanted to stay together forever with the boy I like

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Sun Dec 20, 2020 11:59 pm

EFF it,
we're DOING this.

FFnet Ao3

Expect the following:
- Canon-Typical Unpleasantness
- AU typical silliness
- Canon Typical vague symbolism
- Various Video Game and Spinoff Characters
- Morally Ambiguous Yui Ikari
- Friendship under growing adversity
- Eventual tragic ReiShin, because it's like all the good plotfic is AsuShin and Kaworu-kun attracts all the good romance writers

Right now there is only a vague prologue, but the first actual chapter is to follow shortly.

dzzthink
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby dzzthink » Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:22 pm

Recently, I tried to read Angelic days and raising project but I couldn't get over the cutesy manga tropes, which I am glad cannot be replicated (that much) in text. Although I appreciate may of the interesting fan fics here, does anyone have recommendations for an alternative timeline story where the pilots are school children investigating the mysteries of the secretive NERV? I have been really getting into murder mysteries where the characters are high school students ('special topics in calamity physics' and ''the secret history') and I was wondering if there is an Eva version? Perhaps I may write my own...
"Everything is permissible, but not everything is beneficial. Everything is permissible but not everything is constructive." - 1 Corinthians 10:23

GunmetalSnail429
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby GunmetalSnail429 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:15 pm

Saw this thread and figured I'd throw out an idea I had recently. It's sort of a mashup of both Last Child of Krypton with Lone Heir of Krypton, wherein both Shinji and Asuka have Kryptonian DNA spliced into theirs in the womb. So, here''s my idea.

Jor-El sends his rocket, like usual. However, someone else hears about his plan and starts working on their own rocket. Both rockets are powered by a chunk of Kryptonite, Jor-El's by green and the other one by a more powerful variant (this is important later), which is why even though the other rocket is launched some months after Jor-El's, it manages to catch up. They are meant to land together on Earth, but a malfunction in the second rocket due to its rushed construction causes it to lock onto a strange energy source and head for that.

Jor-El's rocket lands somewhere in Europe, in what will eventually become Germany, while the other rocket follows the energy reading to Japan and crashes into what will eventually become the Geofront. Of course, several hundred years later both rockets are discovered by SEELE and NERV's predecessors. They attempt to break them apart to no avail and so they are put into storage and forgotten about, until Kyoko Soryu and Yui Ikari discover them and begin working to understand them.

Nothing works until they approach the rockets while they're pregnant, Yui while she's 6 months, Kyoko while she's 3-4 months (Shinji is canonically older than Asuka by about 6 months so I wanted to keep that part) and the rockets activate. Jor-El's rocket shows Kyoka the usual spiel: Doomed Planet, Desperate Scientist Last Hope, etc... He tells her that as her child grows they will become like a god and that they will play a role in defeating the creatures he has observed approaching their planet, and then go on to be a beacon of hope for all humanity. He gives her the choice as to whether or not she wishes to have the Kryptonian DNA added to her child. She considers it and says yes, knowing some of what SEELE has in mind. (This all occurs post 2nd Impact, Shinji and Asuka will be 16/15 respectively when the story begins.)

Yui's rocket does something similar, except it doesn't give her a choice as to whether she wants the Kryptonian DNA, it activates and implants it in her, and then gives her a similar warning, except it's not nearly as hopeful or inspiring. The person in her message states that her child will be like a god, and that they will rule over humanity one day, after defeating the creatures (Angels) threatening earth. He tells her there is another like her child on Earth and that they should seek them out and recruit them to their side. Together they will dominate the planet and create a new Krypton using DNA samples stored in both rockets. The message will end and they person will finally reveal their identity.

The rocket that Yui found was sent to Earth by the House of Zod.

Now, Shinji is raised by his aunt and uncle in the countryside, but his mother manages to sneak a single journal to him before her contact experiment. In it she details what Shinji will become and why he is the way he is. Eventually he finds the rocket and sees the original message and realizes why he thinks and feels the way that he does: His father(?) was a militaristic despot. He's spent his entire life going by his mother's journal, trying to be a paragon of hope and help as many people as he can, while also fighting the urge to hurt people whenever he confronts them, and now he knows why.

Eventually he finds Asuka and tells her about their destinies, but she doesn't know who he is at first as he wears a lead mask to hide his identity. Eventually she figures it out after she arrives in Tokyo-3 and starts spending time with Shinji Ikari. Of course they wind up together. :)

Now, the more powerful kryptonite I mentioned that powered Zod's rocket? It's platinum Kryptonite. By the end of the story, Shinji and Asuka will grant Kryptonian powers to several of their most trusted friends and allies. Toji, Hikari, Kensuke, Misato and Kaji will all be empowered for the final fight against SEELE and the MP Eva's.

I have this idea for a very specific scene in which they all confront Gendo after they've all been empowered. Gendo of course knows all about their powers and has stolen the green kryptonite from Jor-El's rocket. He exposes them to it, while also activating lights in his office that mimic the light from a red sun. They all start suffering and Gendo starts gloating until Kaji stands up and attacks him. Kaji hadn't actually been empowered yet, he was wearing a see-through suit that mimicked Kryptonian powers. He subdues Gendo, seals away the Kryptonite and turns off the lights. Then, Shinji lets him touch the platinum kryptonite. BOOM! Superpowered Super Spy!

So yeah, that's my idea. I know it's a wall of text, but it's something I've been thinking about for a few days. I'll probably never actually write this story, as I'm already working on two stories now, and not very well at that. So, here's my idea.
God's in his Heaven because He's scared of our superior firepower...-Yui Ikari

Armoured-man
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Armoured-man » Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:02 pm

My first time posting on this forum, so here I go I guess, anyway I was doing a bit of thinking recently about some potential Evangelion FanFiction ideas when one idea and particular came to mind, that idea being that of a reaction FanFiction where the characters react to the show or movies, I did a bit of digging as far as I know, there has not been a single fan fiction of this type written for Evangelion yet, which means that if I did go for it I could potentially be the first to do so, but the biggest problem is is that unlike other series, doing a reaction fanfiction would be difficult considering the nature of the Evangelion characters and how messed up they truly are, but anyway I wouldn't mind hearing some of you guys thoughts about that idea.
a humble artist by day, an absolutely god-awful fanfic Writer by night

Derantor
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Derantor » Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:23 pm

Hi, and welcome to the forum! ^_^

(Just a heads up, I edited your post to standard black color - using colored writing should generally be done sparingly.)

You are actually in luck, as there is a fic out there containing exactly what you're looking for: Chronicles has the characters react to the original series, EoE, and a host of other media. All in all, it's 1,2 Million words.
My writing on Ao3 and FFN

ChaddyManPrime
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:34 pm

View Original PostArmoured-man wrote:My first time posting on this forum, so here I go I guess, anyway I was doing a bit of thinking recently about some potential Evangelion FanFiction ideas when one idea and particular came to mind, that idea being that of a reaction FanFiction where the characters react to the show or movies, I did a bit of digging as far as I know, there has not been a single fan fiction of this type written for Evangelion yet, which means that if I did go for it I could potentially be the first to do so, but the biggest problem is is that unlike other series, doing a reaction fanfiction would be difficult considering the nature of the Evangelion characters and how messed up they truly are, but anyway I wouldn't mind hearing some of you guys thoughts about that idea.

Some of my favorite shit was Zentrodie's MST3K with the cast watching fan fiction as if they were movies. Also someone did something more recently with Shinji, Misato, and Asuka watching 2.0 but apparently 2.0 was extremely exaggerated of what actually happened.
"Look at Me!, I'm Mr. MeeSeeks!" - Mr. MeeSeeks

You know nothing, Jon Snow - Chuckman

Armoured-man
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Armoured-man » Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:36 pm

ok i will remember to use black text from now on thank you

also I guess the reason I never noticed that FanFiction is because I don't frequent archive for their own that much, which makes me a bit sad to realise that the idea I had is not entirely original, but I guess I could still pursue the idea at some point, most likely after I finish my current FanFiction which god knows when that will be, but I guess I could give this Chronicles FanFiction a quick skim through and see what this particular author does and how he has the characters react, it might give me a bit of a better idea how I would do it for my own story when I actually get to it.

Derantor
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Derantor » Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:50 pm

The most important thing to keep in mind when writing: no idea is truly original. The fun lies in putting your own spin on it! And technically, in the story I linked, it's not the cast of Eva, but of another fic, Advice and Trust, reacting to NGE.
My writing on Ao3 and FFN

Armoured-man
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Armoured-man » Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:57 pm

yeah I certainly know that too well, everything is a derivative of something else, also giving it a quick skim through, and it's very well written but the way it written I'm not a big fan of, this is my own personal opinion but when I read a reaction FanFiction I read it for a description of what the characters are seeing and how they react to it, I think the way it's done in The Chronicles fanfic is a bit unorthodox to say the least and I'm not personally a fan, also as for the characters being from another FanFiction, yes that is interesting in its own way, but the way I wanted to do it to is to have the characters in the original States react to the show, because you know, what could possibly go wrong from that.

Blockio
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:58 pm

Yeah, there will always be some element that has shown up before somewhere else. Hell, more often than not it isn't even intentional; I've written things before that took loose inspiration from one franchise with a spin on it that I got from listening to a few songs and years later found out that I ended up creating a virtual carbon copy of something I had never heard of until then
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
Your point of view is horny, and biased. ~ glitz2hard
What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

Armoured-man
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Armoured-man » Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:25 am

after giving the chronicles fanfic a read through, I think the way the author has done it is very unique but I am very much not a fan of the way it's been done, I personally think that half of a reaction FanFiction is the description of what the characters are seeing, but that probably is just me, another thing that I'm a bit unsure about is the amount of characters that are used in the story in The Chronicles fanfic, I feel that there are a bit too many characters to consistently have reactions for, I personally feel that when I do my own version I'd probably limit it to the core Evangelion characters.

ChaddyManPrime
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Sat Mar 27, 2021 12:01 am

Here's a fanfic idea I had, make Asuka a vampire Slayer. Have second Impact occur because Glorificus opened the portal for too long which reactivated Adam, make Buffy stay dead, have some of the scoobies go against the resurrection plan so willow doesn't do it. Have Asuka activated as the slayer on 12th or 13th birthday, have Xander be her Watcher. Have Xander and Shinji bond really well, gives him a positive influence in life, have Xander teach him not to make the mistakes he did. Have Asuka, Shinji, Rei, and Xander form the new Core Four. Definitely have Rei be taught magic cause you know, she's Lilith.
"Look at Me!, I'm Mr. MeeSeeks!" - Mr. MeeSeeks

You know nothing, Jon Snow - Chuckman

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Sat Mar 27, 2021 10:58 am

View Original PostChaddyManPrime wrote:Here's a fanfic idea I had, make Asuka a vampire Slayer. Have second Impact occur because Glorificus opened the portal for too long which reactivated Adam, make Buffy stay dead, have some of the scoobies go against the resurrection plan so willow doesn't do it. Have Asuka activated as the slayer on 12th or 13th birthday, have Xander be her Watcher. Have Xander and Shinji bond really well, gives him a positive influence in life, have Xander teach him not to make the mistakes he did. Have Asuka, Shinji, Rei, and Xander form the new Core Four. Definitely have Rei be taught magic cause you know, she's Lilith.

Interesting idea ^_^
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3
Sequel As The Divine Light Breaks For download version please go to AO3

Asugran233
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Asugran233 » Sat Mar 27, 2021 3:07 pm

DCEU Shazam in Evangelion

amitakartok
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby amitakartok » Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:11 am

Bit of a fluffy mental image I had last night after I saw this pic edit:

In it, Sakura is the same age as Toji, returns to class immediately after Sachiel (still injured but not that badly, Toji was just pissed she was injured at all) and is present with Toji and Kensuke during the Shamshel debacle. And when Shinji is sobbing in his seat, just plain frakking done emotionally and Toji is silently going "oh shit, he wasn't kidding about not wanting to do this" in the background, Sakura just quietly climbs down to the seat and gives Shinji a hug.
Strategic Cyborg Evangelion : an average author's aspiring attempt at awesomeness. Currently at chapter 42.

Mana, Mayumi and Sakura: the TRUE goddesses of Eva

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:50 am

So in this one Sakura & Touji are twins?

I think once I read something right after Q came out where they made it so she was in the last grade of elementary school (which goes up to 6th grade in Japan) so she'd be 12 going on 13 instead of 8-ish, Shinji came to visit her at the hospital, and you can guess how it comes from there. I think it was on FF net. Would be way easier to find now if you could select Sakura as a character tag.

Alternatively, Sakura is the nurse at NERV but she#s actually a time traveller from bad future

i mean it would probably be adorable XDD

amitakartok
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby amitakartok » Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:20 am

View Original PostKendrix wrote:I think once I read something right after Q came out where they made it so she was in the last grade of elementary school (which goes up to 6th grade in Japan) so she'd be 12 going on 13 instead of 8-ish, Shinji came to visit her at the hospital, and you can guess how it comes from there. I think it was on FF net.

:shinji_blush:

Errr... I think that was mine.
Strategic Cyborg Evangelion : an average author's aspiring attempt at awesomeness. Currently at chapter 42.

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:18 am

Ah yes! There's even a review left by my cute 19 year old self XDD

amitakartok
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby amitakartok » Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:36 am

Anyway, yes, I do believe Toji and Sakura could work as twins. I mean, I always considered the possibility of Toji being motherless due to complications during Sakura's birth, making him all the more attached to her (ditto with Hikari, Nozomi and their mother). If we make them twins, that could be an even more plausible explanation, since it means a twin birth only a year after Second Impact, when things are still a mess and Suzuhara Mama presumably doesn't have connections like Yui did to ensure she gets the best medical assistance available.

In any case, the siblings are all the closer from their mutual loss, although Sakura occasionally feels a little frustrated over Toji taking his big brother position a bit too seriously by sometimes treating her like she's half her actual age.

Return to “Fanfiction”