Need help getting music from shin eva CD

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Thesufferingpumpkin
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Need help getting music from shin eva CD

•      
  •      

Postby Thesufferingpumpkin » Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:57 am

Hello!

Trying to buy the music from shin evangelion CD but I am unable to purchase it in the U.K.

HMV Japan says it cannot be shipped overseas.

Can anyone help?

Joseki
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Re: Need help getting music from shin eva CD

•      
  •      

Postby Joseki » Fri Feb 26, 2021 10:01 am

Try CDJapan

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Fri Feb 26, 2021 10:11 am

I should warn you that the UK's new import laws require the exporter to pay the import duty to the UK government, not the importer. That means that even CDJapan may refuse to send the Shin Eva CD to the UK.
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Fri Feb 26, 2021 10:14 am

View Original PostThesufferingpumpkin wrote:Hello!

Trying to buy the music from shin evangelion CD but I am unable to purchase it in the U.K.

HMV Japan says it cannot be shipped overseas.

Can anyone help?

Buy it of Amazon UK from a Japanese seller, this way you can get around the import duty this works on e-bay as well but not all the time. On otakumode you will be hammed on the import tax regardless of what you buy so its also worth checking the uk anime stores as you can sometimes get lucky.
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3
Sequel As The Divine Light Breaks For download version please go to AO3

Thesufferingpumpkin
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Thesufferingpumpkin » Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:05 am

Got it from CD Japan thank you

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Fri Feb 26, 2021 2:22 pm

CD Japan accepted my recent CD orders (shipping to UK) without comment.

View Original PostUrsusArctos wrote:I should warn you that the UK's new import laws require the exporter to pay the import duty to the UK government, not the importer. That means that even CDJapan may refuse to send the Shin Eva CD to the UK.

Actually, there are plenty of situations in which the receiving customer has to pay taxes and duty before the package will be delivered. I've had that twice so far.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Lacissal
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Lacissal » Fri Feb 26, 2021 2:44 pm

For items brought from abroad (international/Non-EU) anything over £15 is supposed to have Import VAT paid on it. Plenty of small items like CDs or blurays get through but occasionally people get whacked with a 'handling fee'.

UrsusArctos

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Fri Feb 26, 2021 4:52 pm

View Original Postpwhodges wrote:Actually, there are plenty of situations in which the receiving customer has to pay taxes and duty before the package will be delivered. I've had that twice so far.

Hope it wasn't too high! I've heard of horror tales where customers have had to pay import duties exceed the value of the imported item, but I'm not sure if those are the norm or simply the exceptions picked up by a sensation-hungry news media.
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

Thesufferingpumpkin
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Thesufferingpumpkin » Sat Feb 27, 2021 3:59 am

I paid £35 for it from cd Japan including postage

khronos
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby khronos » Sun Feb 28, 2021 3:16 am

View Original PostUrsusArctos wrote:I should warn you that the UK's new import laws require the exporter to pay the import duty to the UK government, not the importer. That means that even CDJapan may refuse to send the Shin Eva CD to the UK.

This rule is old here in Brazil, we pay the import duty only when the product arrives in order to get our package - and I’ve already purchased from cdjapan.

Thesufferingpumpkin
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Thesufferingpumpkin » Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:49 am

View Original Postkhronos wrote:
View Original PostUrsusArctos#910932 wrote:I should warn you that the UK's new import laws require the exporter to pay the import duty to the UK government, not the importer. That means that even CDJapan may refuse to send the Shin Eva CD to the UK.

This rule is old here in Brazil, we pay the import duty only when the product arrives in order to get our package - and I’ve already purchased from cdjapan.

I’ve purchased but on cd Japan it says release postponed still

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”