Shin Eva - New Trailer (12-24-20)

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Velorex
Banned

Re: Shin Eva - New Trailer (12-24-20)

•      
  •      

Postby Velorex » Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:35 pm

View Original PostEscapismIsBad wrote:Image
@FXArmaros98
Apparently the Wunder and Neo Wunder will face off even before the cocoon reveal scene!
For those who can't understand the image: It's the Wunder at the foreground and Neo Wunder at the background throwing artillery at eachother in the ocean.
Notes: The design of the new Wunder is exactly equal to the design revealed in the trailer and teaser!

is that water or clouds?
"the master of a cruel angel's hypothesis"

IsAnnoGodOrATroll
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby IsAnnoGodOrATroll » Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:26 am

View Original PostVelorex wrote:is that water or clouds?

Could be either, but I'm thinking water, since clouds don't really look that wavy or thick to swirl.
Thrice Upon A Goodbye...

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:09 pm

View Original PostVelorex wrote:
View Original PostEscapismIsBad#909385 wrote:Image
@FXArmaros98
Apparently the Wunder and Neo Wunder will face off even before the cocoon reveal scene!
For those who can't understand the image: It's the Wunder at the foreground and Neo Wunder at the background throwing artillery at eachother in the ocean.
Notes: The design of the new Wunder is exactly equal to the design revealed in the trailer and teaser!

is that water or clouds?

I would say water, you can see the splash columns around the Dark Wunder from the Wunder's shots.
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

FXArmaros98
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby FXArmaros98 » Sun Feb 14, 2021 8:44 am

@ EscapismIsBad thanks for letting me know about that image of the Dark Wunder, sorry if I couldn't give you my opinion but unfortunately this month I was without internet for more than a week.
View Original PostEscapismIsBad wrote:Yeah, probably it's because Yui is inside it, considering Gendo may fuse with 13 then it should develop an AT Field, also, 13 has two cores much like 01 after reaching pseudo-evolution phase 2 in Ha.
Speculation time:
This could either mean
EVA UNIT 1
First core: Yui
Second core: Rei II
and
EVA UNIT 13
First core: Gendo
Second core: Kaworu

The King and Queen of Lilin + Adam and Lilith human vessels (prince and princess?)

It's weird how Shinji is directly related to one of these people.
Maybe it would be better if we discuss of this in the theories thread, I have already written some things about the parallels with ANIMA if you are interested.

FelipeFritschF
Armisael
Armisael

•      
  •      

Postby FelipeFritschF » Sat Feb 27, 2021 10:06 pm

This is just a thought, but I thought it was amusing to see how Ishida referred to Kaworu appearing in EoE before it was released:

Akira: Sort of..

Q: Was Kaoru in the emotional scenes?
Akira: Kaoru's scenes weren't that emotional.

Akira: It released a lot of pressure off of my back when I finished. If Evangelion had ended with the TV, I only appeared once and it was all over. But with the movie, there was a lot of pressure on me. When I found out that the movie would be split, it added more pressure.

Q: What do you think was the best scene with Kaoru?
Akira: I would say the scene in episode 24 of the TV series..
Q: What about in the movie?
Akira: He doesn't appear as a person (with a physical body) in the movie. The only person that Kaoru interacts with is Shinji.

Q: Is Rei a shito too?
Akira had a very hard time trying to explain everything (as he was trying not to give away key points of the story). Kaoru and Rei are in some key scenes together. Akira said that the viewers will understand what he is talking about when they see the movie..

There is something called "kuroki tsuki" (black moon). Kaoru is very involved in this, with Shinji.

You can see how easy it is to be misled by interviews when they are not allowed to say much. You could assume he had a far larger role in the movie, as even though Ishida is not outright lying, he is also not allowed to say "he has 2 minutes of screentime". Not that I'm saying his character will have 2 minutes in 3.0+1.0, of course, but I think it's still a safe assumption that he'll also be there in some sort of metaphysical fashion. This reminds me of, BTW, that Q interview excerpt that is cited sometimes for the loop theory, even though it seems quite clear Ishida is referring to his character in a meta sense. I remember someone - probably Reichu - mentioning that the word he used might be better translated as "iteration". Plus, it seems weird he'd say he can't give details about the plot, then apparently let this out, then talk about the spin-offs right afterwards. He doesn't even specify much of what Anno told him besides that it'd be needed for his performance - "how should [he] be". In particular, it reminds me of Anno saying something similar to Ogata:

Ogata: And then he said two things to me which made me re­ally hap­py. The first was “Thank you, for keep­ing the char­ac­ter’s feel­ings un­changed even after 13 years”

Every­one: Oh!

Ogata: And sec­ond was “On top of that, thank you, for adding 13 years of your own ex­pe­ri­ence to the cur­rent Shinji”

https://www.gwern.net/docs/www/webcitat ... e1fa6.html

We'll see, I guess.

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Sat Feb 27, 2021 10:37 pm

Gotta love Ishida just slightly spoiling stuff :lol:
Shinji: "Sooner or later I'll be betrayed... And they'll leave me. Still... I want to meet them again, because I believe my feelings at that time were real."
Ryuko: "I'm gonna knock ya on your asses!"
-Asuka: THINK IN GERMAN!!! -Shinji: Öh... Baumkuchen...
Hayashida: "As game developers, our work is special. All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work."
~('.'~) (~'.')~ Dancin Kirby

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:07 pm

Ogata: And then he said two things to me which made me re­ally hap­py. The first was “Thank you, for keep­ing the char­ac­ter’s feel­ings un­changed even after 13 years”

Ogata: And sec­ond was “On top of that, thank you, for adding 13 years of your own ex­pe­ri­ence to the cur­rent Shinji”

I can't even be mad when you consider we've been waiting almost that long for the final movie to come out. I guess that was the point of that joke.

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Tue Mar 02, 2021 7:07 am

View Original PostRay wrote:

I can't even be mad when you consider we've been waiting almost that long for the final movie to come out. I guess that was the point of that joke.

Actually that quote is from the dubbing for 2.0 (I think).
Shinji: "Sooner or later I'll be betrayed... And they'll leave me. Still... I want to meet them again, because I believe my feelings at that time were real."
Hayashida: "As game developers, our work is special. All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work."

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:08 pm

Yep, that was recording the 2.0 recording, where Ogata was completely exhausted after all her screaming and lines. Was pretty cool how Anno thanked her for the hard work up to that point ^_^

On another note, I wonder how likely a new (even a short?) trailer will be, since we're only 5 days away from the film? Pretty mind-blowing to think! I'm half-expecting a "spoiler"-y trailer and of course the super spoiler-y Promo Reel (for the Bluray release) since 1.0 through 3.0 had the latter (in 1.0's case, that was the Angel of Doom PV, IIRC).
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

hui43210
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby hui43210 » Tue Mar 02, 2021 11:36 pm

^Yeah I expect a new trailer after Monday where it's far open to spoilers, but nothing before. The post release 3.0 trailer was basically a summery of the film.
I mean, predictability is the central attraction and the narrative hook that we've all come to expect from the Evangelion franchise. How come Anno can't realize this? Twice? - FreakyFilmFan4ever

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Tue Mar 02, 2021 11:39 pm

I expect TV spots these days. Spoliery trailer happened with 3.0 because they showed so very little.

FXArmaros98
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby FXArmaros98 » Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:18 am

I expect a new trailer after Monday where it's far open to spoilers

I hope they do not show us who or what will control Evangelion 13, I imagine that instead it could maybe show us a few seconds of a hypothetical verbal confrontation that Shinji could have with Misato and Gendo (by now it would no longer be a sensational spoiler given that already in the trailer of the December 24 and in the preview of 3.333 they had already shown us and also said that Shinji will one way or another manage to reach his father and try to stop him). Maybe some other fight scenes between Asuka and Mari against the MPEs and maybe an unedited image of Evangelion 01 with Cassius' Spear fighting against 13 would be ideal to increase the hype.

I expect TV spots these days

Well yes, I think they could continue to advertise the film using both images already seen and some not yet revealed (which obviously will show action scene but in the film will not really be that essential to the plot).

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”