3.0+1.0's Troll Potential

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
EscapismIsBad
Shamshel
Shamshel

Re: 3.0+1.0's Troll Potential

•      
  •      

Postby EscapismIsBad » Tue Jan 05, 2021 1:40 pm

At the last moment Mari will unleash some random epic cheat which will physically change the Evangelion and kill all the baddies.
*petrifies and is left floating adrift in space, where it will outlast Evangelion: Thrice Upon a Time 3.0+1.0, as an eternal testament that the human race existed*

Bye bye all of Evangelion and Evageeks.
When you feel sad remember that it's always epic Spinosaurus aegyptiacus time, you were born in the same planet as S. aegyptiacus, how cool is it?
I never understood why people hate the Rebuild because it's different and love the Series, can we just love it all without creating dilemmas and unnecessary discussions?
SPOILER: Show
Be careful of 3.0+1.0 spoilers

This is truly the end of this account, forever.

Jäeger
Temp-Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Jäeger » Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:38 am

View Original Postdzzthink wrote:Image

It seems pretty clear that this picture is an Asuka toddler. It would be good to get some more perspective on Asuka's history since she seems to be quite miserable in the photo and this might relate later on in 2.22 her own hedgehog dilemma and 'always being alone'.

However, it would be interesting to just throw out some crazy theories before the release of the movie so that I can laugh about it later. What if (and please don't take this seriously) that is not Asuka herself (her hair seems to be slightly less brown than here), but her daughter? Before you accuse me of shipping, my theory comes from the ending of the Evangelion manga, which I will surmise below. It mostly has to do with there being snow in the manga and in the trailer, which I assume is a symbol for renewal and fresh start.

After the events of instrumentality, Shinji and Asuka return to the world and continue living their lives without any recollection of the previous events. Shinji is seen traveling in a snowy countryside on his way to attend college entrance exams, where he bumps into Asuka again before they go on their separate ways.

Now what if the endings for the manga and with EoE were combined in some way, so that we see Asuka and Shinji together again, but rather being abandoned and left in an awkward state as in EoE or in the manga, there was some continuation in their relationship, even to the point where we see them starting a family together (to resolve their own life-time loneliness). This would be a more fitting typical non-controversial ending if that is what the creators are going for this time round

The manga ending was a shitty one (coherent with a shitty writing) so the furthest, the better.
Do american "cool" people know that in Europe only alcoholics and homeless drink wine without food by their side???

Joseki
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby Joseki » Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:43 am

Nothing will troll me more than the "it'coming out, no it's not, yes now it is, maybe actually not..." we have been living the past year.

EscapismIsBad
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby EscapismIsBad » Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:43 pm

Kaworu will play Komm Susser Tod in his piano during FINAL impact and Rei Quantum will sing along it!
*petrifies and is left floating adrift in space, where it will outlast Evangelion: Thrice Upon a Time 3.0+1.0, as an eternal testament that the human race existed*

When you feel sad remember that it's always epic Spinosaurus aegyptiacus time, you were born in the same planet as S. aegyptiacus, how cool is it?
I never understood why people hate the Rebuild because it's different and love the Series, can we just love it all without creating dilemmas and unnecessary discussions?

intermediateO
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby intermediateO » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:20 am

I rehashed my thoughts into a video, if anyone wants to check it out:
https://youtu.be/PYOfqPY2uPU

EscapismIsBad
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby EscapismIsBad » Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:51 pm

Toji returns, but he lost one of his legs thus he will be in a wheelchair during the entire movie and Hikari doesn't love him anymore and married Kensuke instead.

FXArmaros98
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby FXArmaros98 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:25 pm

View Original PostEscapismIsBad wrote:Kaworu will play Komm Susser Tod in his piano during FINAL impact and Rei Quantum will sing along it!
Lol I believe Kaworu and Rei Q will sing A Cruel's Angel Thesis together when Shinji says fuck both his father and Misato, slaps them and then the Final Impact begins after he killing Asuka and Mari with Longiuns' spear -o-; The film will end with Shinji leaving on a journey with Pen Pen and the donkey.

evaunit13
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby evaunit13 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 3:04 am

I'm expecting a post-credits Preview of shots from NGE.
i want rebuild

Heaven Piercing Man
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby Heaven Piercing Man » Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:46 am

To quote a very old post:

View Original Posthirnkrieg wrote:4.0 is purely live action (and this fact is kept secret till the premier):
The seiyūs of the female leads talk about their love lives and how men are childish and afraid to commit.
Asuka's voice actress mentions that she'd "never date an otaku".

Anno goes into hiding.
Evangelion, in three words: How Strangely Erotic

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:17 pm

I think Anno is repeating what Joe Dante did with gremlins (Before you throw stuff hear me out as its still counts as kind of a troll) what Dante did was he realized he could never top Gremlins so he made Gremlins 2 so meta and insane that it wouldn't even match the original and would mock and take the piss out of it, fans hated this as did critics but after a decade they warmed to it so I think Anno's move is going to mirror Dante's.

Also, I think he will troll pairings but not deliver, or you're going to see a kiss but its only because Shinji is seeing in to the multiverse.
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3
Sequel As The Divine Light Breaks For download version please go to AO3

IsAnnoGodOrATroll
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby IsAnnoGodOrATroll » Fri Jan 29, 2021 5:03 am

Since there's something happening with The Key of Nebuchadnezzar nad having nervous systems and all, I'm gonna put out my long time wish of the red earth getting alive and eating the moon basically as the new end of the world.

Then (this is a far-fetched idea but this is also the troll potential thread anyway so) the movie suddenly cutting to a title card but it just says "+1.0" and then a weird version of 1.0 plays with Shinji being recruited again but this time, he fights Kaworu with Unit 13, where Gendo's absorbed and he wins and suddenly, the "1.0" world breaks apart and we're shown some weird seperate timeline bullshit taking place in that one image that was shown in the Eva exhibition (the one with high stone like things) and Shinji is given the choice to either choose a timeline or not and Shinji refuses.

Then, were back in 3.0's world, Asuka/Mari are half dead, Misato is dying and Shinji isn't able to stop instrumentality. Suddenly, we switch to a weird avant-garde artsy short-film/nightmarish sequence with a lot of backstory reveal and deaths. And basically it's the earlier choice sequence again but Shinji chooses no again and we repeat this three times until Instrumentality fails and the Earth is purified.

The final few minutes of the film are Shinji waking up in the white/purified beach all alone and he walks around to find Asuka, then Mari. Then the Curse of Eva breaks and they slowly look older as they walk away. They find crowd of people who are alive who rejoice and congratulate them. Then Shinji turns to the camera and says, "Bye Bye, All of evangelion" and the film ends.

That was a whole fanfic and a half.
Thrice Upon A Goodbye...

GhostlyOcam
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby GhostlyOcam » Sat Jan 30, 2021 5:43 am

In light of the new preview being finally shown on TV last night, some fun troll potentials from me:
- The 1.0/2.0 reenactment scenes will be presented in 16:9 instead of Cinemascope, so the film will switch the aspect ratio from time to time but instead of technical reasons like most films partially shot in IMAX, it's a part of the visual storytelling. I'd probably have very mixed feelings if that actually happened since it'd be quite disorienting but that does sound bonkers.

- Time travel happens and the current timeline Honda-styled Shinji travels back in time to fight his past self, who's drawn in Matsubara style, so the way to distinguish them apart is by the art style. Again, this sounds outrageous as heck but also something that only this medium could achieve.
Breathe the air, take in the feeling of peace and harmony.

Heaven Piercing Man
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby Heaven Piercing Man » Sat Jan 30, 2021 11:25 am

I love these aspect ratio switches in Nolan movies. That'd be awesome!
Evangelion, in three words: How Strangely Erotic

GhostlyOcam
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby GhostlyOcam » Sat Jan 30, 2021 9:02 pm

You know what, an aspect ratio switch would be the least strange thing in Eva's cinematic history considering they already did medium switch once (anime to live action) in the same film back in 1997. :rofl:
Breathe the air, take in the feeling of peace and harmony.

EscapismIsBad
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby EscapismIsBad » Mon Feb 01, 2021 3:10 pm

This time Ritsuko will shoot Gendo instead of EoE where Gendo shot her instead.
This is META (post EoE both in the movies and real life) and will subvert our expectations.

All the characters scenes with the red background in the trailers are inside Instrumentality.

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Mon Feb 01, 2021 5:10 pm

EscapismIsBad please don’t double post. Just edit your old post. Thanks!

FFF4e

EscapismIsBad
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby EscapismIsBad » Mon Feb 01, 2021 6:00 pm

Oh, sorry for causing problems. I thought it wouldn't cause problems since the content of the posts were pretty different and it would be more visually appealing, thanks for editing!

ohno2100
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby ohno2100 » Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:38 pm

Evangelion Unit 01 and Evangelion Unit 13 merge and become...NGE Unit 01. :devil:

duppertip
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby duppertip » Wed Mar 03, 2021 1:25 pm

It is a very late and odd thought, but Shinji, Asuka and Rei Q travelling the red Earth could be Eva's counterpart to the Nadia's island arc :devil:

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End
The Beginning and The End

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:11 am

According to Japanese dramatic convention, this is the right phase of the story for a Michiyuki, so the scary thing is you might not be far off from the truth.
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”