Official "Hello/Goodbye" Thread!

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

METALFISTTERROR
Embryo

Re: Official "Hello/Goodbye" Thread!

•      
  •      

Postby METALFISTTERROR » Thu Feb 18, 2021 3:11 am

Hello
I am new here to the forum so don't be surprised if you get this and feel bad about correcting me.
I am an american living on the west coast. I am technically a musician but don't plan to do anything with it. I play guitar, I am a BIG metal/music nerd but nothing really major.I also am really into other anime and manga as well as American and some Spanish media. I am bilingual as well as Mexican so I will try to keep away from the need to call each character from the show to come to mexico, brazil or Latin america.

Just recently got into EVA and wanted to make an account to discuss a show I like with like minded individuals. Currently trying to watch the original dub as I watched the new EVA on Netflix. I am really into the psychological aspect of the show as well as the story and characters(also robots). I just really want to talk about it even if everything that can be said about it has been said. I will not pretend to know everything about it and I have not watched anything beyond the og series and End of Evangelion. I don't have many people outside a small friend group and some family to talk about EVA or the things I like in general.

Also personally Misato is by far my favorite character and I have converted to her Oedipus Complex religion, I believe in purple hair, rowdy, alcoholic, caring, milf superiority riding a Renault Alpine. Anyways I look forward to meeting some of you especially the Misato supporters.
Uhh...thanks and Bababoey

"I don't see ya dying."~Brandon DiCamillo as Bam Margera jumps off the back of a pickup with a Ricky Martin shirt in CKY2K.

JoelcrNeto
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby JoelcrNeto » Thu Feb 18, 2021 6:34 am

Welcome Sachiel64 and METALFISTTERROR! Have a good stay ^_^
“Like a miracle, life starts with the pain / Forever this will be” — “Heroes of Sand” by Angra.
“É porque nós gostamos de você. Obrigada por conversar comigo. Vem, me dá a sua mão para andarmos juntos.” — Rei to Shinji (Portuguese dub).

EvaGeeks official Discord server

Line
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Line » Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:54 am

-There are ton of news members over there who just talk in topics without presenting themselves in this thread, which is kinda disturbing-
Ban me forever.

Zusuchan
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Zusuchan » Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:11 am

Is it? Presenting yourself in this thread isn't compulsory. Even I didn't do so.

Orpheus388
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Orpheus388 » Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:22 am

View Original PostLine wrote:-There are ton of news members over there who just talk in topics without presenting themselves in this thread, which is kinda disturbing-

I just assume most people dont actually read introductions on forums and discords.
You can call me Thanatos, kupo!

JoelcrNeto
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby JoelcrNeto » Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:28 am

My first post was here, but I believe I was induced to do it because of the forum rules:
EvaGeeks Forum Rules and Guidelines wrote:Use the welcome thread to make an introduction, not a new thread.

In fact, it's not mandatory, it's just a recommendation.
“Like a miracle, life starts with the pain / Forever this will be” — “Heroes of Sand” by Angra.
“É porque nós gostamos de você. Obrigada por conversar comigo. Vem, me dá a sua mão para andarmos juntos.” — Rei to Shinji (Portuguese dub).

Line
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Line » Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:24 pm

I'm not saying it as a kind of obligatory policy, I'm just saying it would be more practical (At least for me, and yes it purely selfish) to do so.
Ban me forever.

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:31 pm

Introducing yourself here is not compulsory. This thread is simply the designated place to do so if you wish to.
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

Berserker
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby Berserker » Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:54 pm

Lol, I just realized that I never introduced myself as well as never really paid the forum rules a proper glance.

Anyway, the reason I'm posting here now is that, I was wondering how robersora is doing. He hasn't been online since the end of last year. I hope he's okay.
Last edited by Berserker on Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
EvaGeeks at its finest: discussing whether or not a 14 yo girl has breast implants and how they should look. ~Shamsiel-kun
Sometimes I secretly think the reason I'm an A/S shipper is because I want Rei for myself. ~Chuckman
Eew, penis and testicles, gross! ~Reichu
My dude, "cross, crucifix, troubles, back, rood, buttock" sounds a lot closer to classic Evangelion than just one stray buttock roaming around in the film. ~FreakyFilmFan4ever

UrsusArctos

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:05 am

On the topic of Robersora, is anyone here in contact with him?
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:15 am

View Original PostUrsusArctos wrote:On the topic of Robersora, is anyone here in contact with him?

I talk to him sometimes and haven't heard of him. I was thinking of talking to him. Seeing that others are wondering too makes me worry a little.

Edit: I usually talk to him on twitter. I just saw the account is deleted. I'm worried now.
Shinji: "Sooner or later I'll be betrayed... And they'll leave me. Still... I want to meet them again, because I believe my feelings at that time were real."
Ryuko: "I'm gonna knock ya on your asses!"
-Asuka: THINK IN GERMAN!!! -Shinji: Öh... Baumkuchen...
Hayashida: "As game developers, our work is special. All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work."
~('.'~) (~'.')~ Dancin Kirby

JoelcrNeto
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby JoelcrNeto » Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:37 am

I was wondering about it since last month.I preferred to be silent because it would be a nuisance for me to want to know about a stranger. He was always very present here, it is easy to miss him. Tbh, I'm really worried for weeks about him!

Line
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Line » Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:09 pm

It's true that's, englufed in my one ill be, I didn't notice Robersora being gone :???: Now that's you guys said it, it's true that's he has been weirdly absent since a while.

But since I'm not at all close to him, I thought that's he was just like, you know, busy with real life and stuff has it can happen to many of us, and that's a lot of users take longs pauses before coming back here, indeed.

But maybe indeed, something fishy is maybe at play (:|
Ban me forever.

UrsusArctos

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:52 pm

For whatever good it may do, I emailed him and I'm waiting for a reply.

baldur
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby baldur » Fri Mar 05, 2021 3:57 pm

I guess I'll introduce myself here...

Hi, I'm Baldur. I've had this account for almost a year now (huh), but haven't actually posted anything until recently. As the release of 3.0+1.0 has been drawing near, I've found myself lurking on this forum quite a bit. I was a bit intimidated at first (as I tend to be in social situations) but I've been getting more comfortable with the idea of taking an active part in discussions on here, so... now you know who I am, I suppose!

Blockio
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Fri Mar 05, 2021 4:21 pm

Welcome aboard, hope you enjoy your stay here!
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
Your point of view is horny, and biased. ~ glitz2hard
What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:12 am

As Shin Eva is coming out, I'll probably be here much less. I saw the password protection just got up, so I'm not entering the Shin topics either. Seems it is time.

Will probably be here in the future.
Shinji: "Sooner or later I'll be betrayed... And they'll leave me. Still... I want to meet them again, because I believe my feelings at that time were real."
Hayashida: "As game developers, our work is special. All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work."

Blockio
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:13 am

Take care, kuribo!
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
Your point of view is horny, and biased. ~ glitz2hard
What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Sun Mar 07, 2021 10:44 am

I will. ;)

MiltyWay
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby MiltyWay » Sun Mar 07, 2021 3:10 pm

I’m actually surprised this account wasn’t compromised since the former email is dead. Hi, haven’t been here in over ten years. Completely forgot I had an account until I tried to register on the site lol.
I know we can't forget the past, you can't forget love and pride, because of that it's killing me inside...

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”