Changing Username?

Important site and forum news, announcements, and feedback goes here.

Moderator: Board Staff

Archer
Matarael
Matarael

Changing Username?

•      
  •      

Postby Archer » Sun Feb 07, 2021 6:05 pm

I can't find any info on this in the FAQ and the rules link on the header just leads to the forum index, so I'm just gonna ask here. Is there a policy/procedure for name changes? My account was mostly inactive for a few months after I made it and since then I've decided that I'd rather not use a name that's tied to my other web accounts.

Derantor
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Re: Changing Username?

•      
  •      

Postby Derantor » Sun Feb 07, 2021 7:49 pm

There is currently no fixed process - there might be. Shoot me a DM, and I can take care of it in this case.

Edit: User's name changed to "Archer" - see Ursus post below for clarification on the general case.
My writing on Ao3 and FFN

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End
The Beginning and The End

Re: Changing Username?

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:48 am

Just to let everyone know, we typically change usernames only for very new posters with very few posts to their account, usually when it's a situation like "I'm new and I messed up with my username, may I please change it?" Otherwise, it becomes a gargantuan nuisance changing each instance of the old username to the new one in quoted posts so that conversations in threads make sense, and that's too much work except for those users who have very few posts.

Changing names for long-term users is extremely rare and is granted only in very special conditions. (Decided to remove any examples to avoid possible confusion)
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

Return to “EvaGeeks News and Feedback”