Celebrity RIP Thread

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End

Re: Celebrity RIP Thread

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Sun Nov 29, 2020 11:54 pm

(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

Gus Hanson
Authentic Wizard
Authentic Wizard

•      
  •      

Postby Gus Hanson » Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:57 pm

According to Kirby Morrow's brother, Kirby had a long history of substance abuse which was the contributing factor to his death.
https://heavy.com/entertainment/hallmar ... h-journal/
"Damn it! Who do I have to screw around here just to get a stupid story?!" - Gail Hailstorm, author of the book You're Dead, I'm Rich (Scary Movie)

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Tue Dec 08, 2020 8:55 am

Chuck Yeager, last of the Strike Witches.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

UrsusArctos

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:08 am

RIP, Chuck Yeager. General, you truly had all the right stuff.
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

Dr. Nick
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Dr. Nick » Tue Dec 08, 2020 11:58 am

Blockio
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Tue Dec 08, 2020 3:05 pm

A legend has left us
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
Your point of view is horny, and biased. ~ glitz2hard
What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

Zusuchan
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Zusuchan » Mon Dec 14, 2020 4:09 am

John le Carré, one of the great spy novelists, has died. Rest in peace, Mr. Cornwell.

https://deadline.com/2020/12/john-le-ca ... 234655759/

UrsusArctos

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Mon Dec 14, 2020 7:31 am

Away passes an Honourable Schoolboy and a gentleman. It's especially disturbing that he passed away from pneumonia, which makes me wonder if he could've been hospitalized and survived a few years longer had British healthcare not been so overwhelmed with the pandemic.

Le Carre or David Cornwell struck me as being strikingly incisive and clear-eyed about a number of things, and his humanitarianism always impressed me. Here was someone with a much clearer view of the inevitably foggy big picture than most others, a man who was both insider and outsider.

Rest in Peace, Mr. David Cornwell.

Damn 2020.

UrsusArctos

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Fri Dec 18, 2020 7:33 am

Boba Fett or rather Jeremy Bulloch has followed Lord Vader to the afterlife, aged 75.

May the Force be with you, Jeremy Bulloch. If it's any consolation, you lived to see Temuera Morrison bring Boba back in full glory.

Blockio
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Fri Dec 18, 2020 8:45 am

I hope I wouldn't have to resort to this image a second time in this short order.
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 8:51 am

Shinji: "Sooner or later I'll be betrayed... And they'll leave me. Still... I want to meet them again, because I believe my feelings at that time were real."
Ryuko: "I'm gonna knock ya on your asses!"
-Asuka: THINK IN GERMAN!!! -Shinji: Öh... Baumkuchen...
Hayashida: "As game developers, our work is special. All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work."
~('.'~) (~'.')~ Dancin Kirby

Gus Hanson
Authentic Wizard
Authentic Wizard

•      
  •      

Postby Gus Hanson » Fri Dec 25, 2020 12:14 pm

Don't know if I should feel pity seeing how much of a bad apple he was in the Big Apple club scene but Michael Alig; the "Club Kid Killer"; has died aged 55 of a heroin overdose:

https://nypost.com/2020/12/25/club-kid- ... -overdose/
"Damn it! Who do I have to screw around here just to get a stupid story?!" - Gail Hailstorm, author of the book You're Dead, I'm Rich (Scary Movie)

::KL7::
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby ::KL7:: » Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:05 pm

This happened the other day but professional wrestler Jon Huber, formerly known as Luke Harper in WWE and Brodie Lee in AEW, passed away due to a non Covid related lung issue. RIP exalted one.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.si.com/.amp/wrestling/2020/12/30/jon-huber-brodie-lee-all-elite-wrestling
It's Ok if you hate me, I hate me too.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:15 am

Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

UrsusArctos

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Fri Feb 05, 2021 6:51 pm

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-b ... s-55881508
https://apnews.com/article/health-walki ... 794d8bd171

Captain Sir Thomas Moore (Captain Tom), died at age 100 in battle with the enemy (COVID-19).

movieartman
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby movieartman » Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:19 pm

Christopher Plummer (sound of music, girl with the dragon tattoo remake, all the money in the world, star trek 6, the insider)
Has died at 91 from a head injury from a fall.

My favorite Trek villain in my favorite Trek film. RIP.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5StGrDJU5w
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSqCJ-UGYns

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:26 pm

View Original Postmovieartman wrote:Christopher Plummer (sound of music, girl with the dragon tattoo remake, all the money in the world, star trek 6, the insider)
Has died at 91 from a head injury from a fall.

My favorite Trek villain in my favorite Trek film. RIP.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5StGrDJU5w
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSqCJ-UGYns

"taH pagh taHbe'!" (To be or not to be!) RIP

Zusuchan
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Zusuchan » Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:15 am

RIP Christopher Plummer.

UrsusArctos

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Fri Feb 12, 2021 7:07 am

RIP, Christopher Plummer.

Blockio
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:43 am

RIP Christopher Plummer.

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”