The Gainax Cash Cow, or, Why The F*!& Did I Buy That?!

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
BobBQ
Dyskolos
Dyskolos

Postby BobBQ » Fri Sep 14, 2007 5:38 am

drinian wrote:...a neat little gatachapon toy called a "sounddrop." It's a little, red keychain fob with a big button saying "UNIT 01." When you press it, Asuka goes "ANTA BAKA?" Great way to annoy people.

As I think I said at Otakon, what makes it annoying is the poor sound quality, but I guess you get what you pay for.

One of these days I'll have to get one for my sister.

the_seventh_child
radio gaga
radio gaga

Postby the_seventh_child » Fri Sep 14, 2007 5:46 am

Anime-Movies dvd:
Eva Platinum Collection
D&R/EoE

Manga-Artbook
Y Sadamoto manga 1-10 [4&7 special edition also]
Angelic Days 1-4

The Adam and Eve Photo Files
Der Mond

And three posters, an Asuka one, D&R cover and EoE cover image.

Yeah, embarassing i know. :oops:
Anime and manga unite us all. Much better than the Olympics. - Carl Horn |11.30.2004.
"As of this moment, we are changing from soldiers to pirates!" - Captain Jeffrey Wilder (Macross Frontier #22)

THE Hal E. Burton 9000
Elder God
Elder God

Postby THE Hal E. Burton 9000 » Fri Sep 14, 2007 8:04 am

I have been pretty modest about Eva-related "stuff".

Other than some DVD's I bought used and abajillion files on my computer as well as a few other files I backed up on, I haven't bought anything else.

Don't get me wrong though. I almost bought a bunch of swag earlier this year but I put my smarty pants on and realized with Webuild coming out I should WAIT and see what the folks in Japan start to churn out there before I plunk down a bunch on money when something better is coming out, a la NOT like when folks buy "stuff" from Apple!

EvaCub
Ireul
Ireul

Postby EvaCub » Fri Sep 14, 2007 8:30 am

THE Hal E. Burton 9000 wrote:I have been pretty modest about Eva-related "stuff".

Other than some DVD's I bought used and abajillion files on my computer as well as a few other files I backed up on, I haven't bought anything else.

Don't get me wrong though. I almost bought a bunch of swag earlier this year but I put my smarty pants on and realized with Webuild coming out I should WAIT and see what the folks in Japan start to churn out there before I plunk down a bunch on money when something better is coming out, a la NOT like when folks buy "stuff" from Apple!

I bought the platinum 1 single
thats about it pretty lame....
Saving up for the platinum complete tin
But then theyll release like a new set and ill be pissed
Ive almost bought the series severaal times
like the 10th anniversary 300$ edition
that never came out lol
My Anime List
Apjak:"Basically, to make an A.T. field gun, you'd have to make a gun that fires Evangelions. Not a very efficient use.
SailorStarDust:"No, everything has SOME meaning to it in Eva!"
Reichu on Sequel Theory:lights bandwagon on fire again:

fadingreminder
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

Postby fadingreminder » Fri Sep 14, 2007 9:22 am

I'm going to cut to the chase and just celebrate my favorites and condemn the ones I should've used for gas money.

Celebrate:
-Evangelion 64
-All the Saturn Eva games
-Die Monde artbook
-Various figures/models

Codemn:
-Angelic Days, I borrowed it from someone and yet I still feel ripped off...
-The original Eva DVD set, since if I would have known it would just re-release all these times I could've saved a lot of money...

EvaCub
Ireul
Ireul

Postby EvaCub » Fri Sep 14, 2007 10:23 am

fadingreminder wrote:I'm going to cut to the chase and just celebrate my favorites and condemn the ones I should've used for gas money.

Celebrate:
-Evangelion 64
-All the Saturn Eva games
-Die Monde artbook
-Various figures/models

Codemn:
-Angelic Days, I borrowed it from someone and yet I still feel ripped off...
-The original Eva DVD set, since if I would have known it would just re-release all these times I could've saved a lot of money...

will the eva 64 game work on us systems?
My Anime List
Apjak:"Basically, to make an A.T. field gun, you'd have to make a gun that fires Evangelions. Not a very efficient use.
SailorStarDust:"No, everything has SOME meaning to it in Eva!"
Reichu on Sequel Theory:lights bandwagon on fire again:

fadingreminder
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

Postby fadingreminder » Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:03 am

With simple modification of an N64 or a cartridge-based import tool. The one I have is called a "Super 64", you plug the import N64 game into the Super 64, which plugs into the N64. Kinda like the old Sonic & Knuckles "lock-on technology" from the Sega Genesis days.

cyharding
Our Man in Tokyo 3
Our Man in Tokyo 3

Postby cyharding » Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:20 am

As for me, outside of the anime and manga, I only have the Refrain CD. The only other thing I plan to get is the Der Mond artbook.
Finding intelligent life on the web is not easy, we must all be glad we found EGF. - A.T. Fish
You Can Start Again. Chapter 32 now released. Now on FF.net
Oh, Eva, you never cease to amaze me. Your fans are analizing a calendar, for god's sake.- Alpha

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:48 am

- 'Take Care Of Yourself' Figure Set - Kaworu, Alt School Rei & Asuka

Kaworu, huh? Odd considering how he wasn't even in that Episode 26 sequence, though the GoS2 universe... ^_^; So, no Shinji...? That makes me a sad panda...Gainax needs to make MOAR Shinji goods!

@ Ayanami: The Symphony CD's M 1 thru 4 tracks are pretty much the Seiyuu talking at that Concert...Saying some of their experiences of working on Eva, how happy they are to be there, things like that:

MC 1: Ogata (ZOMG High voice is high), Yuko and Maya's VA. The only voice-acting thing in this is Ogata quickly saying her "What are you talking about? I don't understand what you're saying, Kaworu-kun!" line

MC 2: Maya's VA and Ritsuko's VA. At one point, do a cute yet quick thing where they talk in character: "Senpai." "Maya." ^_^ Maya's VA comments that Maya's suspicious in terms of her feelings for Senpai, hehehe.

MC 3: Maya's VA, Ritsuko's VA and Yuko talking.

MC 4: Hayashibara and Kotono, though the latter isn't refereed to by name, but I can tell it's her only because I've heard her actual voice many times on Sailormoon specials and the like. ^_^

I forgot to mention I also played a bit of Eva64 emulated, but got my ass kicked repeatedly when only fighting the 4th Angel...And all I was doing was trying to neutralize it's A.T. Field! O_o Damn those tentacle whip things! >__<

And I was able to find and listen to various CDs such as S2 Works (freaking LOVE Sagisu's work now! ^_^), Symphony, Decade, Vox *shudders*, etc...

Refrain CD

Refrain as in "Refrain: Songs that were inspired by Evangelion" (Some...Ink-blot-looking image on the cover)

or "Refrain of Evangelion" (Shinji on the cover) which is like a Best-Of CD?

I've heard both and own the latter; just curious.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Hunter21
Pilot
Pilot

Postby Hunter21 » Fri Sep 14, 2007 12:23 pm

The Perfect and Platinum versions of the series. Two versions of D&R and EoE. Der Mond and Die Sterne. And some Eva playing cards. But I am thinking of getting some of the SD figures.
EVANGERIONANIME is stupid

Come Join the Sakaki Fan Club!

Remember you're on Evageeks, where preset personal delusions outweigh reality.

marmotgirl
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby marmotgirl » Fri Sep 14, 2007 12:23 pm

Sailor Star Dust wrote:
- 'Take Care Of Yourself' Figure Set - Kaworu, Alt School Rei & Asuka

Kaworu, huh? Odd considering how he wasn't even in that Episode 26 sequence, though the GoS2 universe... ^_^; So, no Shinji...? That makes me a sad panda...Gainax needs to make MOAR Shinji goods!

Exactly. I think it's one of those 3 figure sets that only came in UFO Catchers, and the quality is pretty nasty anyway...one Kaworu on...well, Big Blob of Rock in this case a la his first scene, Ye Olde Rei In Appearance Only, and some random AU-Asuka in some random AU Uniform.

What can I say, I got these ones cheap.
"Dude, it's not that I don't think you're cool or anything but the fact is that that guy is driving a Big Red GTO and you're pissing about in an enraged banana."

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Fri Sep 14, 2007 12:29 pm

I have those Rei and Asuka ones (if we're talking about the same thing and all) and I think they're cute. ^_^

btw, Hunter21:
Baby in the wife's oven. Cooking time, approx. 8 months.

Congrats! :D
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Tokpile Quohog
Marquis Tokpile de Boîtes
Marquis Tokpile de Boîtes

Postby Tokpile Quohog » Fri Sep 14, 2007 1:15 pm

I have the revoltech EoE figures (both harpy and nigouki)

Monkey Asuka figure

manga 1-10

Angelic days 1-4 (borrowed 1-3)

Digaea Etna figure

and thats it. My friend has Der Mond and all the groundwork books so I just borrow stuff from him.

I own no dvd's of Eva, I'm just waiting for the definitive final collection evar which will come out (hopefully) before I pass on into the 4th dimension.
TheEvaMonkey: I HATE BEING A FAT CHICK

Lilith

Postby Avatar of Dreams » Fri Sep 14, 2007 4:52 pm

Perfect collection
Platinum collection
D&R + EoE
manga 1-10
Der mond

I really want one of those NERV mugs though. Too bad the evastore doesn't deliver to the U.S. :x

Hunter21
Pilot
Pilot

Postby Hunter21 » Fri Sep 14, 2007 5:17 pm

Sailor Star Dust wrote:Congrats! :D

Thank You. :D

Another thing on my list of wants is the Eva Zippo. One of these days I am going to break down and buy that red one. Even if it's horribly overpriced. (Even on e-bay)
EVANGERIONANIME is stupid

Come Join the Sakaki Fan Club!

Remember you're on Evageeks, where preset personal delusions outweigh reality.

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

Postby NAveryW » Fri Sep 14, 2007 6:08 pm

Sailor Star Dust wrote:I have those Rei and Asuka ones (if we're talking about the same thing and all) and I think they're cute. ^_^

btw, Hunter21:

Eewwww, you had sex, you pervert!

THE Hal E. Burton 9000
Elder God
Elder God

Postby THE Hal E. Burton 9000 » Fri Sep 14, 2007 6:14 pm

I know Tines-ojichan, quotes. Sorry.

NAveryW-kun wrote:
Stardust-chan wrote:<snip>
btw, Hunter21:

Congrats!
:D

Hey, Hunter21 needs love too ya punk! :evil:

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

Postby NAveryW » Fri Sep 14, 2007 6:29 pm

But not that kind of love! There are many ways for people to show they love each other without defiling themselves!

shinesman_cobalt
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby shinesman_cobalt » Sat Sep 15, 2007 3:28 am

NAveryW wrote:
Sailor Star Dust wrote:I have those Rei and Asuka ones (if we're talking about the same thing and all) and I think they're cute. ^_^

btw, Hunter21:

I'm more concerned about an EVA fan reproducing than the sex itself. XD The world can only handle so many eva fans! That one Eva baby will grow up and have five more! And those five will have five more and so on and so forth! And Eva babies only take about three weeks to reach full maturity!! If we're not carefull, they will delepte our plushie resources.
"What's wrong with running away from reality if it sucks!?"

the_seventh_child
radio gaga
radio gaga

Postby the_seventh_child » Sat Sep 15, 2007 3:45 am

Avatar of Dreams wrote:Too bad the evastore doesn't deliver to the U.S. :x

What the chances for Europe then? Below zero.

p.s Congratulations Hunter! ^_^
Anime and manga unite us all. Much better than the Olympics. - Carl Horn |11.30.2004.
"As of this moment, we are changing from soldiers to pirates!" - Captain Jeffrey Wilder (Macross Frontier #22)

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”