EVANGELION:3.333 discussion thread

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
FXArmaros98
Leliel
Leliel

Re: EVANGELION:3.333 discussion thread

•      
  •      

Postby FXArmaros98 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:33 am

JoelcrNeto thank you, I start to hope that the person Sakura was staring at in the latest trailer is really Toji. I believe that there may be a place inhabited by humans who did not want to join either Nerv or Wille and that maybe Kaji could be their leader. Maybe that's where Toji, Kensuke, Hikari are and the place where Asuka will be able to contact Misato.

JoelcrNeto
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby JoelcrNeto » Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:41 am

^
Yeah, I still hope that the three are alive, and I also suspect that Sakura is looking at Toji in that shot.
“Like a miracle, life starts with the pain / Forever this will be” — “Heroes of Sand” by Angra.
“É porque nós gostamos de você. Obrigada por conversar comigo. Vem, me dá a sua mão para andarmos juntos.” — Rei to Shinji (Portuguese dub).

EvaGeeks official Discord server

GhostlyOcam
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby GhostlyOcam » Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:41 am

About the possible Lilin settlement in Shin Eva, I pointed this out in the New Trailer thread:
View Original PostGhostlyOcam wrote:Anyway, I just realized that it's a wooden watchtower, unusually low-tech if it's in a Wille base so this scene will definitely take place in the Lilin settlement.

You guys remember that Kensuke loves to camp alone? Well, if he indeed made it (with Toji and everyone's help, of course) looks like the survival skills he learned from being a military otaku have proven to be a lot more helpful than expected. ^_^
Breathe the air, take in the feeling of peace and harmony.

FXArmaros98
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby FXArmaros98 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:13 am

GhostlyOcam it may be that it is from that tower that Asuka sends the radio message to Misato to pick them up. I'm sure Shinji, Asuka and Rei won't be alone in that place.

GhostlyOcam
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby GhostlyOcam » Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:22 am

Yeah, the tower looks quite well-maintained and more importantly, not coreified like the rest of the Earth. There has to be a part of the world that's been restored by Wille, as Shin's AVANT1 shown.
Breathe the air, take in the feeling of peace and harmony.

FXArmaros98
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby FXArmaros98 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:30 am

GhostlyOcam we must not forget that in the place where Shinji and Kaworu played the piano if I am not mistaken there was a bush, and in the trailer we were shown a pool of water with some fish and some birds. I think the place where the tower is located may be the same place where Shinji was standing in front of that mirror of water in the short film Until You Come To Me. I think there may be places not entirely contaminated by Guf's Door. It's so damn annoying to me not to know how it is possible that the fight site between Evangelion 13 and Eva 01 appears to be Tokyo 3. Wille may have liberated the city of Barrier L but the skyscrapers should not have been destroyed by the Near Third Impact?

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:50 pm

View Original PostFXArmaros98 wrote:JoelcrNeto thank you, I start to hope that the person Sakura was staring at in the latest trailer is really Toji. I believe that there may be a place inhabited by humans who did not want to join either Nerv or Wille and that maybe Kaji could be their leader. Maybe that's where Toji, Kensuke, Hikari are and the place where Asuka will be able to contact Misato.

I think it's more plausible that the person Sakura is staring at is Shinji, as that shot in the trailer is an almost exact recreation of the first time Shinji (and the audience) see her in Q, and we all know how much Anno loves his repeating shots!

As for the place where non-WILLE people can live, if you think about it it's obvious that such a place exists: not only all those rookies in the Wunder and supplies carried by helicopters at the beginning of Q must come from somewhere (and let's not talk about all the ships in the fleet), but also NTE's theme of keeping hope and continuing to fight for the future would fall flat if it turns out that there's only a handful of people scattered around the red earth without any hope to survive.
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

Tajai
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Tajai » Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:52 pm

View Original PostFXArmaros98 wrote:GhostlyOcam we must not forget that in the place where Shinji and Kaworu played the piano if I am not mistaken there was a bush, and in the trailer we were shown a pool of water with some fish and some birds. I think the place where the tower is located may be the same place where Shinji was standing in front of that mirror of water in the short film Until You Come To Me. I think there may be places not entirely contaminated by Guf's Door. It's so damn annoying to me not to know how it is possible that the fight site between Evangelion 13 and Eva 01 appears to be Tokyo 3. Wille may have liberated the city of Barrier L but the skyscrapers should not have been destroyed by the Near Third Impact?

I'm pretty sure Tokyo-3 got completely leveled. The fight probably took place in Tokyo-2.
God's in his heaven, all's right with the world.

FXArmaros98
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby FXArmaros98 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:58 pm

View Original PostTajai wrote:I'm pretty sure Tokyo-3 got completely leveled. The fight probably took place in Tokyo-2.
I think it may be possible, about the blue sky I really don't know what to think except for the fact that those from Avant 1 managed to replicate the result of Avant 1 also in Tokyo 2.

Saint Eva
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Saint Eva » Sat Jan 16, 2021 3:04 pm

I think that Eva01 and 13's fight scene is happening in that Lilin city. From what we have been shown, it's unlikely 4th Impact survivors are living in shacks or hiding underground like Terminator movies. They already had tech to restore the world in some capacity back in 2.0. They probably built a new functioning city in 14 years (Tokyo-4?) That 3.0 space launch must have happened from there.

From my years of lurking, I once read somewhere about unused concept of a city being protected by a giant AT field, maybe it's being applied in that Lilin city?

FXArmaros98
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby FXArmaros98 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 3:13 pm

Santa Eva so do you think the place where Asuka is trying to lead Shinji and Rei Q could be the same place where the final showdown can happen? Possible, but what will force Misato to give back Eva 01 to Shinji, perhaps with this choice she could going against the will of her subordinates. Maybe AAA Wunder and Eva 02 and 08 will be too damaged to keep fighting. In the trailer it almost seemed that Evangelion 13 was waiting for someone, some fans and members of this forum found a similarity between the pose of Evangelion 13 in the trailer with the one with which Kaworu was presented in ep 24. Both scenes are sunset, so maybe it will be Kaworu who wants to die definitively to challenge Shinji by forcing the city of Lilins to total evacuation.

Saint Eva
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Saint Eva » Sat Jan 16, 2021 3:50 pm

@FXArmaros98 Yeh final showdown could be the new Lilin place if time travel or instrumentality isn't involved cuz whatever was left of Tokyo-3 after 3rd Impact should be completely destroyed when Black Moon was ripped out of the ground.

The description of new teaser at the end of 3.333 hints the Shinji's face-off with Gendo happens after Wunder vs Dark Wunder in final impact, with a scene showing Eva01 back in its cage with Gendo. "Shinji confronts his father Gendo to settle everything." And Shinji decides, farewell to all Evangelion."
If Eva01 is back with Gendo in his floating pyramid then I don't think Misato and WILLE have any choice. I am guessing Gendo captured Eva01 from WILLE during their battle and maybe he wants Shinji to pilot again for some nefarious reasons? That's why Shinji already have his plugsuit on.

Yeh it does seem to be Kaworu cuz of same pose. It also possible that Gendo is also somewhere inside Eva13 as control system. Another Rei clone or dummy plug would seem anticlimactic.

FXArmaros98
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby FXArmaros98 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:05 pm

So maybe Shinji will likely board the Eva 01 before Misato and the Wille members can do anything about it. Maybe as in Gendo he will try to convince Shinji to help him complete the Instrumentality only that this time Shinji could outsmart his father pretending to be with his family and then rebel once he gets inside Eva 01. The Dark Wunder could be the place where Gendo and Fuyutsuki have been operating all this time, maybe Misato managed to get on board and shoot Gendo or something. Heck, even if time travel would intrigue me, I hope it won't happen, it risks becoming a film that is too messed up.

Heaven Piercing Man
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby Heaven Piercing Man » Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:16 pm

Ever since I saw that trailer I've been thinking it's Tokyo 4.
Evangelion, in three words: How Strangely Erotic

FXArmaros98
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby FXArmaros98 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:21 pm

Heaven Piercing Man maybe. But if Wille was busy fighting Nerv for 14 years, where did the human race find the time to build an entire city? Maybe it is possible that it was Kaji with a group of people who have not sided with Misato or Gendo over time to build it but it seems almost unbelievable to me. Perhaps Gendo, being roughly the ditator of the present world, ordered the construction of Tokyo 4.

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:42 pm

View Original PostFXArmaros98 wrote:Heaven Piercing Man maybe. But if Wille was busy fighting Nerv for 14 years, where did the human race find the time to build an entire city? Maybe it is possible that it was Kaji with a group of people who have not sided with Misato or Gendo over time to build it but it seems almost unbelievable to me. Perhaps Gendo, being roughly the ditator of the present world, ordered the construction of Tokyo 4.

I doubt that all of humanity are part of WILLE, so probably that the rest of the world were supporting WILLE while building the necessary infrastructure to survive to the coreified world.
Besides we don't know enough of the timeline of the timeskip, it's possible that Earth hasn't been instantaneously turned to core (since Third Impact was interrupted) but that it was a gradual process, and that neo-NERV and SEELE didn't immediately started open war against WILLE but took some time to regroup and build the infrastructure to support their war effort. So for all we know, maybe humanity had several years to build shielded cities against coreification while WILLE only fought low-intensity fights against neo-NERV and SEELE agents, and the events of Q are the moment their "cold war" turned hot. (or it turned out not long before)
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

FXArmaros98
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby FXArmaros98 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:48 pm

ElMariachi what you said makes sense enough. Maybe in 3.0 + 1.0 we will have answers about the 14 years between 2.0 and 3.0 and what kind of world order went into action after the near thrid impact. The symbol of Gendo's dictatorship is his donkey in my opinion -o-;

Saint Eva
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Saint Eva » Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:12 pm

Mystery of donkey is something I don't think we'll ever get answers to. First time I saw it, I thought it was some new character. It took me some time to realize that it was Gendo. It looks so jarring to see him in cold weather mountain hiking clothes hanging out with a donkey. :tongue:

FXArmaros98
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby FXArmaros98 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:17 pm

Santa Eva I want to see that scene in some flashback at all costs. Who knows Gendo and Fututsuki had probably set out to escape both Misato's rebellion and perhaps even prison.

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:55 pm

Another theory: maybe like with Second Impact, Third Impact didn't affected the entire planet, we only saw one half of the world during Operation US, so it's possible that one half is coreifed and the other isn't.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”