Shin Eva - New Trailer (12-24-20)

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
GhostlyOcam
Ireul
Ireul

Re: Shin Eva - New Trailer (12-24-20)

•      
  •      

Postby GhostlyOcam » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:32 pm

I believe there should be an airing of Q on Japanese TVs on January 29th as a part of three weeks Rebuild re-airing program which is exactly a week after 3.333 ends it limited big screen run (and weirdly, 6 days afted Shin Eva's cancelled premiere).

There's a small chance they're gonna air 3.333 version instead of 3.33 since it'd be weird if they already released a definitive version of Q earlier this month but still uses the old, "less canon" one. Still very unlikely tho since they'd probably want it to be out on home media first before airing it on TV and immediately going to small screen after being boasted as IMAX exclusive just sounds funny.

Or maybe just release 3.333 on Prime. Pretty please, Khara. I don't wanna wait 6-7 months for an updated version of an 8 years old film.
Breathe the air, take in the feeling of peace and harmony.

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:41 pm

View Original PostGendo'sPapa wrote:If I had the ability to give Khara one piece of advice and they were open to listening I would say “just as a show of good faith, one - Drop the new teaser that was on the end of 3.333 online NOW and two - maybe think about putting the entire Avant1 sequence in HD quality up on your website on January 23rd

I've thought of those exact things.
Maybe they want to keep the trailer though. Did they stop showing 3.333?
Shinji: "Sooner or later I'll be betrayed... And they'll leave me. Still... I want to meet them again, because I believe my feelings at that time were real."
Ryuko: "I'm gonna knock ya on your asses!"
-Asuka: THINK IN GERMAN!!! -Shinji: Öh... Baumkuchen...
Hayashida: "As game developers, our work is special. All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work."
~('.'~) (~'.')~ Dancin Kirby

FXArmaros98
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby FXArmaros98 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:46 pm

@ kuribo-04 I hope that the prewiev of 3.0+1.0 present in 3.333 will be used in the next few months as a new teaser.

EscapismIsBad
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby EscapismIsBad » Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:56 pm

View Original PostGendo'sPapa wrote:If I had the ability to give Khara one piece of advice and they were open to listening I would say “just as a show of good faith, one - Drop the new teaser that was on the end of 3.333 online NOW and two - maybe think about putting the entire Avant1 sequence in HD quality up on your website on January 23rd

I would be already satisfied If they released the lyrics from that second track which played when Mari faced against the Fake Angel's made sent by Fuyutski. I can only hear "Brave of the bravest" in that track :/
*petrifies and is left floating adrift in space, where it will outlast Evangelion: Thrice Upon a Time 3.0+1.0, as an eternal testament that the human race existed*

Bye bye all of Evangelion and Evageeks.
When you feel sad remember that it's always epic Spinosaurus aegyptiacus time, you were born in the same planet as S. aegyptiacus, how cool is it?
I never understood why people hate the Rebuild because it's different and love the Series, can we just love it all without creating dilemmas and unnecessary discussions?
SPOILER: Show
Be careful of 3.0+1.0 spoilers

This is truly the end of this account, forever.

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:00 pm

View Original PostFXArmaros98 wrote:@ kuribo-04 I hope that the prewiev of 3.0+1.0 present in 3.333 will be used in the next few months as a new teaser.

It would work perfectly for sure. In fact the Rebuild teasers are modeled after those previews.
Shinji: "Sooner or later I'll be betrayed... And they'll leave me. Still... I want to meet them again, because I believe my feelings at that time were real."
Hayashida: "As game developers, our work is special. All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work."

FXArmaros98
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby FXArmaros98 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:08 pm

@ kuribo-04 Heck, I guess if instead in the next few months we will get a new trailer with unreleased images and the new date.If this happen I honestly don't know if I will be happy or bothered by the fact we could have so many possible spoilers (:|

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:20 pm

∆ I'm sure they'll be careful with that. This also seems to be a film where you can easily extract images that don't reveal much without the whole.

I think the trailers have been very good with that.

Heaven Piercing Man
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby Heaven Piercing Man » Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:06 pm

View Original PostGhostlyOcam wrote:I believe there should be an airing of Q on Japanese TVs on January 29th as a part of three weeks Rebuild re-airing program which is exactly a week after 3.333 ends it limited big screen run (and weirdly, 6 days afted Shin Eva's cancelled premiere).

There's a small chance they're gonna air 3.333 version instead of 3.33 since it'd be weird if they already released a definitive version of Q earlier this month but still uses the old, "less canon" one. Still very unlikely tho since they'd probably want it to be out on home media first before airing it on TV and immediately going to small screen after being boasted as IMAX exclusive just sounds funny.

Or maybe just release 3.333 on Prime. Pretty please, Khara. I don't wanna wait 6-7 months for an updated version of an 8 years old film.

Wasn't there another version, 3.03 if I recall correctly, that aired on TV and had no Sakura Nagashi credits?
Evangelion, in three words: How Strangely Erotic

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:00 pm

Heaven Piercing Man wrote:Wasn't there another version, 3.03 if I recall correctly, that aired on TV and had no Sakura Nagashi credits?

I don’t know if it had an original designator but when the third film first aired on TV ... in 2014 I think.... a big selling point was “something new” after the credits.

In the end it was just a card of black text on white revealing the final film was gonna be called EVANGELION 3.0+1.0.

It hadn’t yet been revealed Anno was off working on pre-production for Shin Godzilla.

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:55 am

View Original PostGendo'sPapa wrote:
I don’t know if it had an original designator but when the third film first aired on TV ... in 2014 I think.... a big selling point was “something new” after the credits.

In the end it was just a card of black text on white revealing the final film was gonna be called EVANGELION 3.0+1.0

I lived throught that.
It has to be on YouTube, but has become hard to find with all the 3.0+1.0 trailers.

FXArmaros98
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby FXArmaros98 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:02 am

View Original Postkuribo-04 wrote:∆ I'm sure they'll be careful with that. This also seems to be a film where you can easily extract images that don't reveal much without the whole.

I think the trailers have been very good with that.
Well maybe they could show us some more scenes from Eva 02 and 08 firing at the MPE and Shinji going to Gendo .. With a trailer of 50 seconds or so they could do it

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:32 am

View Original Postkuribo-04 wrote:I lived throught that.
It has to be on YouTube, but has become hard to find with all the 3.0+1.0 trailers.

Seems the video is deleted on youtube, but this was the topic:
https://forum.evageeks.org/thread/16633/Official-Eva-FINAL-updated-NTV-Preview-thread/

Tajai
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Tajai » Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:13 pm

Seems the video is deleted on youtube, but this was the topic:
https://forum.evageeks.org/thread/16633/Official-Eva-FINAL-updated-NTV-Preview-thread/

Looking at all the speculation, all the old posters, trailers and teasers for this movie, makes me realize just how long people have been waiting for this movie to come out.
God's in his heaven, all's right with the world.

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 1:43 pm

View Original PostTajai wrote:Looking at all the speculation, all the old posters, trailers and teasers for this movie, makes me realize just how long people have been waiting for this movie to come out.

A third of my life. It's crazy lol.

EscapismIsBad
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby EscapismIsBad » Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:07 pm

I've seen the old trailers for 2.22 and 1.11, considering they hide important information from us, one of the most suspicious things I've seen in the trailers for Shin is the generic anime blue sky we've seen during the part where Asuka is watching something at a wood tower, they probably put that generic blue sky to hide something, maybe they're hiding a Lilin city? What are they hiding? They did the same thing with the last shot of Unit 1 and Cassius.
*petrifies and is left floating adrift in space, where it will outlast Evangelion: Thrice Upon a Time 3.0+1.0, as an eternal testament that the human race existed*

When you feel sad remember that it's always epic Spinosaurus aegyptiacus time, you were born in the same planet as S. aegyptiacus, how cool is it?
I never understood why people hate the Rebuild because it's different and love the Series, can we just love it all without creating dilemmas and unnecessary discussions?

FXArmaros98
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby FXArmaros98 » Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:12 am

View Original PostEscapismIsBad wrote:I They did the same thing with the last shot of Unit 1 and Cassius.
EscapismIsBad it remains to be seen where that Cassius spear came from. I seem to remember that a Japanese guy on Twitter said that in the official Rebuild card game the 4 spears that sample in the 2nd Impact flashback in 2.0 are called Spear of Longinus and Spear of Cassius, so there should be 2 spears of Longinus and 2 spears of Cassius. The spear that Shinji/Eva 01 has in the trailer could be the second spear of cassius instead of being the one that according to Kaworu was transformed into a spear of Longinus in 3.0 :emogendo: Regarding the fact that the blue sky could be a sort of misdirection I don't know, but I want to point out that when Evangelion 13 for the first time appears in the trailer sitting with a spear in his hand (the fact that we do not know if it is a spear of Cassius and Longinus for me it was a nice move by Khara to increase the hype) there seems to be the sunset behind him but both in the duel scene and in the one where Eva 01 holds the spear of Cassius it seems full day.

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:34 pm

View Original PostEscapismIsBad wrote:I've seen the old trailers for 2.22 and 1.11, considering they hide important information from us, one of the most suspicious things I've seen in the trailers for Shin is the generic anime blue sky we've seen during the part where Asuka is watching something at a wood tower, they probably put that generic blue sky to hide something, maybe they're hiding a Lilin city? What are they hiding? They did the same thing with the last shot of Unit 1 and Cassius.

It could be that this blue sky is only, well,blue sky, as even in Q the sky is still blue.

View Original PostFXArmaros98 wrote:
View Original PostEscapismIsBad#907140 wrote:Regarding the fact that the blue sky could be a sort of misdirection I don't know, but I want to point out that when Evangelion 13 for the first time appears in the trailer sitting with a spear in his hand (the fact that we do not know if it is a spear of Cassius and Longinus for me it was a nice move by Khara to increase the hype)

It's a spear of Longinus, its handle is twisted like a corkscrew, which is characteristic of this spear model. (the Cassius type OTOH has a smooth handle)
Last edited by ElMariachi on Sun Jan 17, 2021 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

FXArmaros98
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby FXArmaros98 » Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:44 pm

ElMariachi i just reviewed the trailer and i have to say you are right that it should be a longinus spear.I guess something really serious will happen to get to the point where Evangelion 13 will be deprived of one of its 2 spears which maybe will go back to being a Cassius spear maybe thanks to something strange that Shinji and Eva 01 will do.One thing that really surprised me is the fact that no one seems to have expressed an opinion on why in the trailer the Eva 01 seems to have a damaged eye (only one blinks, although it may be that this is due to the camera in the trailer at that frame) and both arms, when at the end of 2.0 the situation was reversed.EscapismIsBad I read your post in the 3,333 thread so I'm ready to hear your hypotheses, tell me which are the only theories you want to share with me?

EscapismIsBad
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby EscapismIsBad » Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:18 pm

@FXArmaros98
Some Japanese fans are theorizing the Wunder will fly through Antarctica at some point in the movie because the atmosphere of the scene which the Neo-Wunder ambushes the Wunder looks similar to the barren wasteland status of Antarctica right now. Have you seen the storyboards of the tenth Khara anniversary which spoiled the new Wunder in 2016? It appears the Wunder has a base in Antarctica (or some other icy place, maybe the Wunder was even in Antarctica during the beginning of Q) to restore resources and to rest, there will definitely be a scene involving that location in Shin (there's no place better than a base in Antarctica to give Shinji an expodump about the Adams, Adam's Vessel, Wunders, Angels and Impacts), I could detail more but I'll let the rest somehow find a way during the discussion, what do you think about it?

EscapismIsBad
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby EscapismIsBad » Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:25 pm

Just adding a little more detail: There's SO many things related to Antarctica during all of NTE that need to be solved it's almost like a necessity stop for the story at this point, everything from the EVAs, Wunder, Angels, Misato, Wille, Second Impact, PenPen and Seele are extremely related to that place, just saying... Sin from Genesis.

There's so many information and possibilities I want to share!

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”