This will be the first in a series of holiday themed writing challenges made up by Glor and me. To be clear, this is NOT a contest! There are no judges or prizes - this is purely for the fun of it and for fellow writers to stretch their creative legs a little. Not a writer yet? Don't be afraid - it's like in the Olympics: participation is everything!
Our first prompt - write an AsukaxShinji story set on New Year's Eve!
Something easy to start, we thought. Or maybe not so easy, depending on your tastes. Depending on reception and demand, we may eventually branch out into other subjects/prompts, but we'll keep it simple for now.
Here are the guidelines:
- Word limit is 400 - so your story must be 400 words or less!
- Your story must be new material - no posting of old stories!
- You've got exactly one week (7 days starting as of this post) to complete it. So your deadline is next Friday the 8th.
- It should go without saying, but your story must feature the above ship in question.
- When you are finished, post your story here in "spoiler" tags along with your final word count.
Remember, you do not HAVE to use all 400 words, it is merely a limit for you to work under. Please limit posting in this thread to story posts only. This ensures that all of the submissions are easy to find and read, instead of having to search through many pages of discussion for each one.
If you want to recieve or give critique, have any questions, want to discuss the submissions or the challenge in general: this is the place to do it!
So that's it! Remember, this is just a challenge - most importantly: have fun! Good luck, everybody!
(Edit: Modified post for clarities sake.)