Would Shinji swallowing Kaworu have fixed his relation?

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

orcot
Ramiel
Ramiel

Would Shinji swallowing Kaworu have fixed his relation?

•      
  •      

Postby orcot » Fri Jan 01, 2021 2:43 am

At the end of episode 24 kaworu asks Shinji to kill him because he can't see any way out and all routes lead to death, his final act of defiance is in choosing how he dies and he want's Shinji to kill him. And Shinji obliged him by using him as a squeeze toy (usually a big no no).

Whilst we can argue that it's not that simple Yui/unit 01 might protest,that said Unit 01 is a ark build to house multiple souls, Shinji at one times get's absorbed and we see unit 01 absorb other aspects of adam (a S² core) and both in the end of evangelion and the manga we see the process is as simple as swallowing because we can see Gendo do it with Adam's embryotic state. And we are confirmed it housed the soul of kaworu/adam in a short moment in the giant (during both the movie and the manga).

Would their have been a obvious downside in saving kaworu in this way?

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

Re: Would Shinji swallowing Kaworu have fixed his relation?

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Fri Jan 01, 2021 4:37 am

For starters, that it's most certainly not something Shinji would think of

"Thank you for defeating Unit Two, if you had not, I might have lived with her" (implying he considered the option as an unpleasant last resort, but would rather not resort to it)

The whole reason why Kaworu opts for the cyanide pill is that he'd rather die free than live in chains

Also since EVA 01 in particular is made of Lillith matter there's a chance that might have triggered Third Impact anyways
I wanted to try harvesting the rice

I wanted to hold Tsubame more

I wanted to stay together forever with the boy I like

orcot
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby orcot » Fri Jan 01, 2021 5:05 am

View Original PostKendrix wrote:For starters, that it's most certainly not something Shinji would think of
Also since EVA 01 in particular is made of Lillith matter there's a chance that might have triggered Third Impact anyways

Well the follow up question would have been would this have been a nicer way for Shinji to trigger a third impact accidentaliy like happenend in the new movies. (because I have some serious issues on how Shinji triggers it in those movies).

That said the combination of unit 01 consuming a angel (adam) S2 engine and being fine and Gendo (a lilim consuming adams soul and being fine). And then theirs zereul in the movie that consumes lilith soul (Rei) he also is basicly fine. All this makes me pretty sure it would have just worked. (But if third impact happened because of it I would be okay with it).

For starters, that it's most certainly not something Shinji would think of

Yui who had already consumed a S2 engine would have definitly tought of it, I'm not entirly sure why Shinji would not think of it, he himself had been recently absorbed by unit 01

Zusuchan
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Zusuchan » Fri Jan 01, 2021 9:41 am

Yes, because Shinji obviously realized non-evident stuff like how Unit-01 can house souls based on his own stint there for a month, even though he didn't have any idea what it meant, because with his lack of information, of course he didn't. Stop assuming that characters should understand things based on stuff that are clues to the more informed audience, but nothing more than confusing, strange happenings for the characters. What you're saying is the equivalent to arguing that Misato should have realized that NERV had Lilith in their basement, not Adam, because she was present during 2I, so therefore should have recognized it as not the same beast.

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Fri Jan 01, 2021 2:23 pm

^^^^^

Let us keep in mind that if Shin-chan wanted to watch the show he's in, he would probably be told to wait till he's 16 because it might be considered too confusing and too disturbing for him.
I wanted to try harvesting the rice

I wanted to hold Tsubame more

I wanted to stay together forever with the boy I like

Blockio
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Fri Jan 01, 2021 7:28 pm

Yeah, this would require Shinji knowing so many things that he never could have known. Complete non-starter of a thread.
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
Your point of view is horny, and biased. ~ glitz2hard
What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

BernardoCairo
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby BernardoCairo » Fri Jan 01, 2021 8:50 pm

I believe that this scenario is completely impracticable. First of all, Shinji was going through a lot of emotions while storming into the Central Dogma. He was angry, he was felling bad for having to hurt Unit 02 (as we can clearly see when he said "I'm sorry, Asuka", right before destroying his opponent) and, after Kaworu gave him the power of choice, he was in agony too. To expect that he could come up with any kind of plan, especially this very specific one, is a little bit of a stretch, in my opinion.
By the way, he is also 14 years old and I believe that he does not comprehend the true extension of Unit 01's godly power. Who knows if he could even pull that off? Unlike us, he is not aware of many things that have been taking place.
But, as always, that's just my take on it.
Just sit here and waste your precious time. When you want to do something, don't do it right away. Don't do it when you can. Read my posts instead. It's the only way to live a life without regrets.

orcot
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby orcot » Sat Jan 02, 2021 12:30 am

Well okay then, no worries. Thank you for your input

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”