Shin Eva - New Trailer (12-24-20)

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
FXArmaros98
Leliel
Leliel

Re: Shin Eva - New Trailer (12-24-20)

•      
  •      

Postby FXArmaros98 » Mon Dec 28, 2020 6:25 pm

View Original PostJayfive wrote:There's a whole lot of taking for granted that any given shot in the trailer directly relates to any other and they appear in any sort of chronological order.

Go back and watch the previews/trailers for 2.0 and 3.0 - everything's mixed up. In the 2.0 trailers shots from the Tunniel, Clockiel, Bardiel, Zeruel, and Sahaquiel scenes are all intermingled. Off the top of my head how at least one trailer is cut you would think that shot of Mari looking up at cross-explosions is from the end of the film, but as we know it's the opening scene after she ejects from Unit-05

Also there could be a whole lot you're not seeing. For example just 15 minutes ago I watched that new Pixar film "Soul". The trailer for that doesn't even cover half the events in the film.
Yes I understand what you mean ... Not only trailers but also previews have really trolled us ... I hope that in 3.0 + 1.0 Anno will gives us a good explanation .. God I hope the scenes from this trailer will realy presents in the movie :tongue:

ArtyumR
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby ArtyumR » Mon Dec 28, 2020 10:08 pm

View Original PostShinjiStranglesAsuka wrote:I wanna pose two questions to the sequel/loop theory people:

1) What do you think a sequel or loop would add to series, thematically?

2) Do you think Anno is a shit writer?

1. it really adds nothing I sincerely do not believe the "sequel/loop" hypothesis (these are not theories , theories are mostly facts explained by a model for
example : the different evolution theories (genetic drift as main force behind non-adaptative change and Natural selection as a complete adaptative process which follow non-random processes..AKA the modern synthesis) , plate tectonics theory.

the loop/sequel "theory" is just wishful thinking.

2. this is completely subjective. who knows? we'll see if H.Anno introduces time travel stuff or not.

RedRaven80
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby RedRaven80 » Mon Dec 28, 2020 10:17 pm

View Original PostFXArmaros98 wrote:
View Original PostKendrix#904215 wrote:I think Midori is just reacting to her watch saying its Final Impact O clock

Really very likely, I think Ritsuko is also screaming then because the AAA Wunder doesn't seem able to do anything to destroy the Guf's Door

I wonder if this is the catalyst for Shinji getting back into unit one to begin with. It just refuses to go along with their plans and they realise that it will only do what they want if Shinji is in the pilot seat. It certainly would cause some conflicts with the crew and Misato herself when they realise that they may indeed have to let Shinji pilot an Eva again, and even if he'd want to do it for them after they treated him so badly in 3.0.

Jäeger
Temp-Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Jäeger » Tue Dec 29, 2020 1:56 am

View Original PostShinjiStranglesAsuka wrote:I wanna pose two questions to the sequel/loop theory people:

1) What do you think a sequel or loop would add to series, thematically?

2) Do you think Anno is a shit writer?

THIS

1) IT WOULD DESTROY EVERYTHING NGE WAS. And we better don't tal about EOE. Same reason the manga ending was a shitty one. Where Anno was honest, Sadamoto was a coward. Consecuences of Shinji's choice? Bahh, better let people know that his reincarnation is happy. Yeahh motherfucker, but waht happened whit OUR Shinji after 3I? Anno had the guts : "Deal with the real world, improve your relationships, even if they hurt you sometimes". Not fucking escapism.

It's just wishful thinkig from people that need that their favourite anime (I have doubts that they really enjoy Evangelion, because the have never liked whatever the franchise has shown them) the more twisted, the better. They don't even understand how the anime industry works. "Separated continuities? NEVER!!!! Any franchise can, but Evangelion never!!! We need a background, EVANGELION IS SPECIAL!! A visual callback? IT'S A CLUE THAT WILL BE REVEALED IN THE NEXT MOVIE"

And even if 3.0+1.0 makes clear that there is no connection between continuities (or doesn't say anything about the topic), they will keep talking about loops forever.

2) No, that Is the reason I know he is not gonna resort to that shit. Or more clones. Only a shitty writer add clones.

3) Is people seriously talking about time travel? What has the the movies show us to justify that topic? I'm curious.

View Original PostBernardoCairo wrote:While connecting the original series with the Rebuilds might enrich the experience of the latter, I do believe that it would also devalue the ending of NGE. That would cease to be a conclusion, turning into a mere transition point.
The whole idea behind episodes 25, 26 and The End of Evangelion (in my opinion) is that nothing is perfect, but that's fine. If you keep pushing it through and trying to be a better person every day, you may indeed find moments of happiness.
That may go hand to hand with the concept of "loop" in theory. But maturing is not just about redoing the same things over and over. Of course, you will repeat some mistakes here and there. But it's your ability to remember about those that makes you learn. However, according to the theory, this is not what is happening to Shinji and Asuka.

AND THIS. People disliked EOE so much that they don't want it as a conclusion?

People like to talk about what Anno, but they don't even understand what he tells us. They just want to make true the fanfic they have in their heads.

Despite all, in this "loop" theory (shitty choice of words : this is not "Groundhog day") we are talking here about reincarnations. They are not improving because, for starters, in that theory they are not the same characters, they have no memories from that "distant past". But yeah, still would feel cheap. So, what is the point of that theory? It doesn´t add ANYTHING

Funny thing : all this shit thanks to one sentence in 3 films....a few words that could be anything. Except for dumb people that believe that a visual callback in a millonarie franchise is a clue about something.

And I agree that Evangelion never has been hard to understand. Complex? Yeah. Hard? NEVER. But some people seem fixed in their teenage years and need the thing to be more complicated than it is because that way is more ....."adult".
Do american "cool" people know that in Europe only alcoholics and homeless drink wine without food by their side???

FXArmaros98
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby FXArmaros98 » Tue Dec 29, 2020 6:39 am

View Original PostRedRaven80 wrote:
View Original PostFXArmaros98#904216 wrote:Really very likely, I think Ritsuko is also screaming then because the AAA Wunder doesn't seem able to do anything to destroy the Guf's Door

I wonder if this is the catalyst for Shinji getting back into unit one to begin with. It just refuses to go along with their plans and they realise that it will only do what they want if Shinji is in the pilot seat. It certainly would cause some conflicts with the crew and Misato herself when they realise that they may indeed have to let Shinji pilot an Eva again, and even if he'd want to do it for them after they treated him so badly in 3.0.
I believe they will come into a situation where they will be forced to return Eva 01 to Shinji, maybe Eva 08, Eva 02 and AAA Wunder will be so damaged that they can't do anything against Eva 13 ... Also people could you please avoid to continue arguing over the loop / sequel theory and resume discussing this trailer which should be the main topic of this thread? This all started with a post of mine where he wrote that I believed Q Kaworu might have the memories of the anime, so I apologize and ask if we can go back to discuss the main topic of the thread.

RedRaven80
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby RedRaven80 » Tue Dec 29, 2020 8:22 am

View Original PostFXArmaros98 wrote:
View Original PostRedRaven80#904233 wrote:
I believe they will come into a situation where they will be forced to return Eva 01 to Shinji, maybe Eva 08, Eva 02 and AAA Wunder will be so damaged that they can't do anything against Eva 13 ... Also people could you please avoid to continue arguing over the loop / sequel theory and resume discussing this trailer which should be the main topic of this thread? This all started with a post of mine where he wrote that I believed Q Kaworu might have the memories of the anime, so I apologize and ask if we can go back to discuss the main topic of the thread.

I think you are right in that their Wundar will possibly get destroyed or damaged beyond repair despite having two other Evas at their disposal to fight back thanks to Mari and Asuka. Heck, maybe it'll be a similar thing to what happened at the start of EOE movie when the black ops invaded NERV headquarters and just straight up slaughtered everybody and wanted to destroy the pilots and their Evas too. A black ops group or even an army lead by gendo board Misatos ship and just lay waste to everyone.

FXArmaros98
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby FXArmaros98 » Tue Dec 29, 2020 8:32 am

View Original PostRedRaven80 wrote:
View Original PostFXArmaros98#904267 wrote:I believe they will come into a situation where they will be forced to return Eva 01 to Shinji, maybe Eva 08, Eva 02 and AAA Wunder will be so damaged that they can't do anything against Eva 13 ... Also people could you please avoid to continue arguing over the loop / sequel theory and resume discussing this trailer which should be the main topic of this thread? This all started with a post of mine where he wrote that I believed Q Kaworu might have the memories of the anime, so I apologize and ask if we can go back to discuss the main topic of the thread.

I think you are right in that their Wundar will possibly get destroyed or damaged beyond repair despite having two other Evas at their disposal to fight back thanks to Mari and Asuka. Heck, maybe it'll be a similar thing to what happened at the start of EOE movie when the black ops invaded NERV headquarters and just straight up slaughtered everybody and wanted to destroy the pilots and their Evas too. A black ops group or even an army lead by gendo board Misatos ship and just lay waste to everyone.

If you look at all 3 trailers you can see that Asuka, Mari and AAA Wunder will have to face Mark 10, The Mass Productions Evangelions and even a swarm of Failures of Infinite circling in the air before reaching Guf's Door.So the fact that Shinji and Eva 01 vs Eva 13 (presumably controlled by Kaworu's ghost or submitted by Gendo's will thanks to Nebuchadnezzar's Key)will be the final figth is near sure...

Blockio
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Tue Dec 29, 2020 9:00 am

View Original PostJayfive wrote:There's a whole lot of taking for granted that any given shot in the trailer directly relates to any other and they appear in any sort of chronological order.

Go back and watch the previews/trailers for 2.0 and 3.0 - everything's mixed up. In the 2.0 trailers shots from the Tunniel, Clockiel, Bardiel, Zeruel, and Sahaquiel scenes are all intermingled. Off the top of my head how at least one trailer is cut you would think that shot of Mari looking up at cross-explosions is from the end of the film, but as we know it's the opening scene after she ejects from Unit-05

Also there could be a whole lot you're not seeing. For example just 15 minutes ago I watched that new Pixar film "Soul". The trailer for that doesn't even cover half the events in the film.

This so much. Anno is known to do stuff like that, it boggles my mind how many people are so blockheadedly insistent that everything in that trailer has to work out exactly like that
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
Your point of view is horny, and biased. ~ glitz2hard
What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

FXArmaros98
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby FXArmaros98 » Tue Dec 29, 2020 9:10 am

View Original PostBlockio wrote:
View Original PostJayfive#904223 wrote:There's a whole lot of taking for granted that any given shot in the trailer directly relates to any other and they appear in any sort of chronological order.

This so much. Anno is known to do stuff like that, it boggles my mind how many people are so blockheadedly insistent that everything in that trailer has to work out exactly like that

By now we all know very well how much Anno enjoys trolling us with trailers and previews ... I'm not saying that what we are shown in this latest trailer is an absolute truth ... I'm just formulating my own theory using has what I have seen until now, I just hope that this trailer will not be one more blow to our heads when the movie comes out even if like you said most likely Anno has laughed at us again ...

Zusuchan
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Zusuchan » Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:19 am

I'm still seeing a lot of unnecessary instances of quoting entire posts, so please, just stop with that. Do not quote an entire post unless you consider it necessary-and most of the recent examples here do not seem necessary at all. So please, just quote the parts most relevant to what you're going to say or maybe not even quote at all, when it technically isn't needed.

Also, Anno isn't trolling with people, he's making sure as much things as possible are less detailed, so the viewing experience can be better and people will be more surprised. The idea of Anno as a "troll" is completely unfounded. He has good reasons for doing what he does.

Thesufferingpumpkin
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Thesufferingpumpkin » Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:03 am

One thing that really stood out for me in the trailer is the small but powerful scene of hyuga and aoba together suited up, with what looks like hyuga tying on aoba’s ribbon and then a first bump.

It really is gonna be the final battle that they are going into and probably will result in their deaths.

While I reckon there will be more survival in this film compared to EOE, we absolutely must expect some sad deaths also.

JoelcrNeto
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby JoelcrNeto » Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:06 am

^
Crying a lot is something I already expect in this film. Especially me, who am a pretty emotional person.
“Like a miracle, life starts with the pain / Forever this will be” — “Heroes of Sand” by Angra.
“É porque nós gostamos de você. Obrigada por conversar comigo. Vem, me dá a sua mão para andarmos juntos.” — Rei to Shinji (Portuguese dub).

EvaGeeks official Discord server

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:10 am

^ Dude, I didn't even emotional handle the trailer very well. God knows I'll need days to cope with the film itself.

Thesufferingpumpkin
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Thesufferingpumpkin » Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:23 am

At least we are spared of Shinji wanking over Asuka in a coma ?

FXArmaros98
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby FXArmaros98 » Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:26 am

I expect the deaths of Hyuga, Aoba, Gendo, Ritsuko, Maya Fuyutsuki and maybe Misato ... However I believe that at least Misato and Shinji will be able to get closer before Shinji receives permission to use Eva 01 ... And instead we'll get to the point where only Sakura, Mari and Asuka are the survivors of the Wille but their Evangelions are too damaged to figth again and therefore Shinji of his own free will decides to take back the fate of the world on his shoulders since no one can do anything anymore ... Maybe Anno while he was writing the plot was strangely in a good mood and many characters manage can realy arrive alive to see Shinji redeem himself but I doubted this could happen ...

JoelcrNeto
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby JoelcrNeto » Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:30 am

^
I am confident with a bittersweet ending, just like Gendo'sPapa said. I agree with him.

Thesufferingpumpkin wrote:At least we are spared of Shinji wanking over Asuka in a coma ?

That's something not matches with NTE, I guess.
“Like a miracle, life starts with the pain / Forever this will be” — “Heroes of Sand” by Angra.
“É porque nós gostamos de você. Obrigada por conversar comigo. Vem, me dá a sua mão para andarmos juntos.” — Rei to Shinji (Portuguese dub).

EvaGeeks official Discord server

FXArmaros98
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby FXArmaros98 » Tue Dec 29, 2020 2:10 pm

View Original PostThesufferingpumpkin wrote:At least we are spared of Shinji wanking over Asuka in a coma ?

No this time Shinji cums on the core of Eva 01 where Rei's soul is trapped :shifty:

BernardoCairo
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby BernardoCairo » Tue Dec 29, 2020 3:33 pm

That's all very subjective, but for me the ending of EOE is already an optimistic one (specially for us, the viewers).
Nothing is perfect, but that's fine. If you keep pushing it through and trying to be a better person every day, you may indeed find moments of happiness.
It's a very simple message, but a true one, nevertheless. I personally believe that it goes hand to hand with what's being said in the original ending. But while that was a more idealized version of it, here we have a more grounded outcome. Yeah, now Shinji is more willing to love himself, but the change doesn't come overnight. In fact, the Third Impact still happened and there are consequences for that.
In this new one, I think they will try to end up things in a similar note. But, with less melancholy visuals (going for a more "pleasant to watch" style instead).
Just sit here and waste your precious time. When you want to do something, don't do it right away. Don't do it when you can. Read my posts instead. It's the only way to live a life without regrets.

Joseki
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby Joseki » Tue Dec 29, 2020 3:37 pm

Can we talk about the chef kiss editing in the trailer at 1:03 with the perfect synch of the drum kit and Unit 02's machine gun?

Truly a wonderful trailer

FXArmaros98
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby FXArmaros98 » Tue Dec 29, 2020 3:38 pm

View Original PostBernardoCairo wrote:That's all very subjective, but for me the ending of EOE is already an optimistic one (specially for us, the viewers).
Nothing is perfect, but that's fine. If you keep pushing it through and trying to be a better person every day, you may indeed find moments of happiness.
It's a very simple message, but a true one, nevertheless. I personally believe that it goes hand to hand with what's being said in the original ending.

It is in fact not known what will happen next ... Yui had said that anyone could get their lives back if they really wanted to. Maybe even Misato is back from the sea of ​​LCL .. We'll see what Anno comes up to finally conclude the Rebuilds. I have high expectations even if still a little worried ...

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”