Gnosticism, and how much do you know about it?

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

ChaddyManPrime
Angel
Angel

Gnosticism, and how much do you know about it?

•      
  •      

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Sat Dec 26, 2020 11:16 pm

Okay so I've been "writing"( I use that term very loosely) something for a very very very long time, and as I was writing it out I became increasingly concerned that the audience I was writing it for would not understand the terminology nor the relevance of what I was talking about. This thing is already a bitch to write about, and to put all this effort into it and for it not to be understood would be... disheartening to say the least.

When I say things like Monad, Barbelo, Bythos, Archons, Aeons, Pleroma, Pneuma, Outer Darkness, Ogdoad, Yaldaboath, Saklas, Sammael etc etc, those terms are mostly understood by you guys, right?
"Look at Me!, I'm Mr. MeeSeeks!" - Mr. MeeSeeks

You know nothing, Jon Snow - Chuckman

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Gnosticism, and how much do you know about it?

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Sun Dec 27, 2020 3:29 am

Well, monads are easy -- they can be thought of as composable computation descriptions, with obvious familiar examples being Maybe, State, and List. People may find them confusing, but usually end up reinventing them anyway.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Berserker
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby Berserker » Sun Dec 27, 2020 5:15 am

Yeah, I guess, if my opinion matters. However, I'm curious about what is it that you're writing which highlights Gnosticism, if you don't mind.
EvaGeeks at its finest: discussing whether or not a 14 yo girl has breast implants and how they should look. ~Shamsiel-kun
Sometimes I secretly think the reason I'm an A/S shipper is because I want Rei for myself. ~Chuckman
Eew, penis and testicles, gross! ~Reichu
My dude, "cross, crucifix, troubles, back, rood, buttock" sounds a lot closer to classic Evangelion than just one stray buttock roaming around in the film. ~FreakyFilmFan4ever

ChaddyManPrime
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Sun Dec 27, 2020 8:19 am

Berserker wrote:Yeah, I guess, if my opinion matters. However, I'm curious about what is it that you're writing which highlights Gnosticism, if you don't mind.

Well it's from a very indie, underground, niche, old anime called Neon Genesis Evangelion, or NGE for those in the know.

Berserker
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby Berserker » Sun Dec 27, 2020 8:39 am

Yeah I know that NGE has Gnosticism references. What I'm curious about is this-
ChaddyManPrime wrote:Okay so I've been "writing" something

I mean, is this "something" a fic or novel or some sort of analogy which highlights or upholds Gnosticism stuff in it?
EvaGeeks at its finest: discussing whether or not a 14 yo girl has breast implants and how they should look. ~Shamsiel-kun
Sometimes I secretly think the reason I'm an A/S shipper is because I want Rei for myself. ~Chuckman
Eew, penis and testicles, gross! ~Reichu
My dude, "cross, crucifix, troubles, back, rood, buttock" sounds a lot closer to classic Evangelion than just one stray buttock roaming around in the film. ~FreakyFilmFan4ever

ChaddyManPrime
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Sun Dec 27, 2020 9:01 am

It might, and I mean might, start out as a fanfic and then evolve into a story of its own, but that's years and years into the future.

But the reason I put writing in quotations is because I'm not writing it, I am explaining it.
I do not have the energy to write it, too big, and I wouldn't want to cut the story up.

But that's besides the point, I just wanted know if you guys understood terms so I wouldn't have to explain those too.

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”