Shin Eva - New Trailer (12-24-20)

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Re: Shin Eva - New Trailer (12-24-20)

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Sat Dec 26, 2020 10:08 am

View Original PostMr. M wrote:Guys.
What if...
The outline at the beginning of 1.0 is one of the Evas fighting in Shin?
What if the mess we've seen in 2006 is the Final battle between a father and a son?
3.0 ... +1.0.
Time travel?

I've been thinking about that for ages, since 1.0 to me inferred looping back to the start. ^_^
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3
Sequel As The Divine Light Breaks For download version please go to AO3

FXArmaros98
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby FXArmaros98 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 10:15 am

View Original Postsilvermoonlight wrote:I've been thinking about that for ages, since 1.0 to me inferred looping back to the start. ^_^
Maybe, after all the battle between the 2 Eva should take place in the last minutes of the film maybe damaging the Door of the Guf will cause a space-time distortion that will bring the Eva 13 in 1.0 right in front of the Eva 01 piloted by a Shinji that has acquired the knowledge of his future self ..

EscapismIsBad
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby EscapismIsBad » Sat Dec 26, 2020 10:57 am

View Original PostSEELE-01 wrote:This is not present in 1.0 and 2.0
Not 1.0 'cuz they were practically tracing over NGE's animation.
Not 2.0 because the CGI was mostly used as reference. Eva 05 its animated beautifully and all Evas organically. There's a sense of weight to the Evas, motion deformation, momentum and inertia.
In Q I feel everything looks like a 3D model being moved around. I works in the space opening at 0-G, but once you see the Wunder everything looks stiff.

Indeed, 2.0 is the best example really, I've never seen anything that captures the sheer weight and power of a giant being like that movie, the scenes where the Eva's run is just incredible (maybe the best moment in Rebuild at all) and almost paradoxical since it would be impossible for something so large and heavy run so fast, but it does and creates a magnificent contradiction on my brain. Magnificent scene, 10/10.
*petrifies and is left floating adrift in space, where it will outlast Evangelion: Thrice Upon a Time 3.0+1.0, as an eternal testament that the human race existed*

Bye bye all of Evangelion and Evageeks.
When you feel sad remember that it's always epic Spinosaurus aegyptiacus time, you were born in the same planet as S. aegyptiacus, how cool is it?
I never understood why people hate the Rebuild because it's different and love the Series, can we just love it all without creating dilemmas and unnecessary discussions?
SPOILER: Show
Be careful of 3.0+1.0 spoilers

This is truly the end of this account, forever.

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Sat Dec 26, 2020 11:00 am

View Original Post"FXArmaros98 wrote:Maybe, after all the battle between the 2 Eva should take place in the last minutes of the film maybe damaging the Door of the Guf will cause a space-time distortion that will bring the Eva 13 in 1.0 right in front of the Eva 01 piloted by a Shinji that has acquired the knowledge of his future self ..

Well that would explain the young Asuka shot, as if Shinji goes through the door he could see everyone lives in flashbacks plus the time he's lost or see in to the multiverse which was hinted at in the series though Shinji was seeing himself as happy, in this he might see Asuka's life or childhood...

Regarding the Reddit leak read at your own risk  SPOILER: Show
Oh wait this might explain the Asuka/Shinji leak thing that's going on, on reddit maybe he is seeing in to a world where they are together, but it's not the rebuild world. As Anno would do that if he wanted to pull the rug as every time I've heard about this it doesn't make sense to me as Rei is closer to Shinji romantically in this retelling not Asuka and Asuka feels closer to Mari romantically so him doing this could be a clever way to give the fans what they want but at the same time not.
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3

FXArmaros98
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby FXArmaros98 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 11:12 am

View Original Postsilvermoonlight wrote:Well that would explain the young Asuka shot, as if Shinji goes through the door he could see everyone lives in flashacks plus the time he's lost or see in to the muliverse which was hinted at in the series though Shinji was seeing himself as happy, in this he might see Asuka's life or childhood...

Oh wait this might explain the Asuka/Shinji leak thing that's going on, on reddit maybe he is seeing in to a world where they are together, but it's not the rebuild world. As Anno would do that if he wanted to pull the rug as every time I've heard about that it doesn't make sense to me as Rei is closer to Shinji romantically in this retelling not Asuka and Asuka feels closer to Mari romantically so him doing this could be a clever way to give the fans what they want but at the same time not.

Honestly I have no idea if AsukaXMari is really something relevant ... But in these films Kawoshin and Reishin will seem to be the main ships. Regarding Asuka with short hair and snow I think rather than a flashback I think it could be one of the final scenes ... It may be that Asuka in order to cut the past and move on has decided to cut her hair (In Japan the gesture of cutting people's hair is a gesture representative of growth and change) ... Regarding the snow I think we can have an ending more similar to the manga without the world being restored but the memories of the cast will not be canceled. Imagine if the movie would end with Kaworu and Rei watching Shinji from an unknown position before disappearing into thin air.

Joseki
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby Joseki » Sat Dec 26, 2020 11:21 am

View Original Postsilvermoonlight wrote:Well that would explain the young Asuka shot, as if Shinji goes through the door he could see everyone lives in flashbacks plus the time he's lost or see in to the multiverse which was hinted at in the series though Shinji was seeing himself as happy, in this he might see Asuka's life or childhood...

Oh wait this might explain the Asuka/Shinji leak thing that's going on, on reddit maybe he is seeing in to a world where they are together, but it's not the rebuild world. As Anno would do that if he wanted to pull the rug as every time I've heard about this it doesn't make sense to me as Rei is closer to Shinji romantically in this retelling not Asuka and Asuka feels closer to Mari romantically so him doing this could be a clever way to give the fans what they want but at the same time not.

There is a reddit leak? Can you link it?

We need some fake leaks to pass the time. :tongue:

Radnitzky
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Radnitzky » Sat Dec 26, 2020 11:28 am

How so many people can think that the girl in winter clothes is a younger Asuka is truly beyond me. They look nothing alike.

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End
The Beginning and The End

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Sat Dec 26, 2020 11:31 am

If that leak is for real and not fanfiction, this forum gets password-protected, pronto.
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Sat Dec 26, 2020 11:31 am

View Original PostRadnitzky wrote:How so many people can think that the girl in winter clothes is a younger Asuka is truly beyond me. They look nothing alike.

It might be because of this in the manga.

View Original PostUrsusArctos wrote:If that leak is for real and not fanfiction, this forum gets password-protected, pronto.

I can't find the thing any more it no longer exists either it was a fake (Which I'm more leaning to) and has been rebuked.

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Sat Dec 26, 2020 11:36 am

The girl in winter clothes is Kensuke’s daughter.

This is the only speculation I’m committing to 100%.

It follows the same “Everyone’s grown up and moved on, Shinji” sentiment that was established in Eva Q.

I really doubt we’re getting Asuka flashbacks when she’s only had 20 mins of character development across 3 films.

Joseki
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby Joseki » Sat Dec 26, 2020 11:41 am

View Original PostRadnitzky wrote:How so many people can think that the girl in winter clothes is a younger Asuka is truly beyond me. They look nothing alike.

Really?

She has blue eyes like Asuka and she has the exact same bangs. She looks exactly like 2.0 Asuka but chubby.

She even has exactly the same eyelash.

View Original PostFreakyFilmFan4ever wrote:I really doubt we’re getting Asuka flashbacks when she’s only had 20 mins of character development across 3 films.

This is precisely why we will have "flashbacks".

xc1469
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby xc1469 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 11:47 am

View Original PostFXArmaros98 wrote:Maybe, after all the battle between the 2 Eva should take place in the last minutes of the film maybe damaging the Door of the Guf will cause a space-time distortion that will bring the Eva 13 in 1.0 right in front of the Eva 01 piloted by a Shinji that has acquired the knowledge of his future self ..

I don't think it's possible because in the fight scene Eva 01 uses Spear of Cassius which is used for the first time during Near Third Impact

ShinjiStranglesAsuka
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby ShinjiStranglesAsuka » Sat Dec 26, 2020 11:48 am

I think I'll agree with Joseki here. There's enough of a resemblance to think that that's a young Asuka. It's funny how out of all the shots in the final trailer this is the one that generates the most speculation.

Also, using flashbacks to help flesh out a character is nothing new. Are we gonna forget that episode 22 exists? I know NTE is hyper Shinji-focused but goddamn, throw side characters like Asuka a bone.

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 11:50 am

Giving vital character background information in the last 1/4th is what NGE did last time.
Shinji: "Sooner or later I'll be betrayed... And they'll leave me. Still... I want to meet them again, because I believe my feelings at that time were real."
Ryuko: "I'm gonna knock ya on your asses!"
-Asuka: THINK IN GERMAN!!! -Shinji: Öh... Baumkuchen...
Hayashida: "As game developers, our work is special. All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work."
~('.'~) (~'.')~ Dancin Kirby

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Sat Dec 26, 2020 11:53 am

To me, seeing the whole series revolve around the weird pseudo-parent/child relationship between Misato and Shinji, only to then jump the rails and focusing on a character as insignificant to the over all emotional core of the story thus far as Shikinami (there, I, an Asuka fan, said it) would be abrupt and detailing. I can’t see her flashback helping Shinji’s story come to fruition. Hell, we had more teases to Misato’s flashbacks than we did any other character in the “Rebuilds.” I really don’t see it happening.

But, I could be wrong. The short trailer we got Christmas Eve revealed some touching moments between Hyuga and Aoba of all people. If Shin Eva can pull off exploring the emotional lives of expositional dialogue characters, then maybe it can successfully pull off a whole entire Asuka flashback. I await to be pleasantly surprised either way.

I still think the girl is Kensuke’s daughter, though. (I gotta make a crazy theory to keep my hype as wild and as exciting as possible, ya know? :lol: )

Joseki
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby Joseki » Sat Dec 26, 2020 11:55 am

View Original PostFreakyFilmFan4ever wrote:I still think the girl is Kensuke’s daughter, though. (I gotta make a crazy theory to keep my hype as wild and as exciting as possible, ya know? :lol: )

Kensuke did some freaky stuff then because his daughter is an Asuka clone

:kensuke_perv:

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Sat Dec 26, 2020 11:59 am

View Original PostJoseki wrote:Kensuke did some freaky stuff then because his daughter is an Asuka clone

:kensuke_perv:

This is coming dangerously close to the levels of absurdity of my “Mari is a miniature Eva Unit” pet theory. :bigeyes:

ShinjiStranglesAsuka
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby ShinjiStranglesAsuka » Sat Dec 26, 2020 12:08 pm

View Original PostFreakyFilmFan4ever wrote:snip

:chinscratch: I can see what you mean. At the moment, to me, it seems like a toss up between Misato and Rei (and possibly Kaworu) for most significant side character. But I think NTE is ultimately a story about accepting reality and learning to live with others and Misato represents that more than the other two.

Tajai
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Tajai » Sat Dec 26, 2020 12:27 pm

View Original Postsilvermoonlight wrote:

I'm sorry, but I dont think I can buy this so-called "leak". It sounds awfully delusional and one-sided to a specific ship.. Where is this "leak" even from, anyway?
Last edited by Tajai on Sat Dec 26, 2020 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
God's in his heaven, all's right with the world.

BlueBasilisk
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby BlueBasilisk » Sat Dec 26, 2020 12:29 pm

View Original PostFreakyFilmFan4ever wrote:I can’t see her flashback helping Shinji’s story come to fruition. Hell, we had more teases to Misato’s flashbacks than we did any other character in the “Rebuilds.” I really don’t see it happening.

Or they could be showing it because Asuka's mysterious backstory is tied to Shinji's mysterious backstory.
Someday I hope that we'll be reunited if that is what's destined to be. Perhaps we'll discover that elusive bible. And then we will finally be free!

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”