Shin Eva - New Trailer (12-24-20)

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Tajai
Tunniel
Tunniel

Re: Shin Eva - New Trailer (12-24-20)

•      
  •      

Postby Tajai » Thu Dec 24, 2020 11:32 pm

View Original PostFreakyFilmFan4ever wrote:Okay, I have a weird question, so it's okay if it gets overlooked in the unfathomable excitedness of this teaser drop, but...

Did Toei's studio logo always have the waves IN FRONT of the logo itself? When did that start happening?

Since they began as a studio. They always had that.
God's in his heaven, all's right with the world.

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Thu Dec 24, 2020 11:33 pm

*still mumbling dazedly while looking at the poster*

Why would you even inception the VISUAL of the five pilots walking into the sunset into my head?
I would never have considered it otherwise.
THIS. THIS is my perfect ending. They get to be free and have their own lives now.

"And to all the children, congratulation"

I said as long as Rei got so much as mentioned in a validating way and Shinji got something not worse than death, I would rejoice, and not even expect that much, but now my resolve is broken
I want all the pilot kids to be happy TTT____TTT
Last edited by Kendrix on Thu Dec 24, 2020 11:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I wanted to try harvesting the rice

I wanted to hold Tsubame more

I wanted to stay together forever with the boy I like

EscapismIsBad
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby EscapismIsBad » Thu Dec 24, 2020 11:35 pm

View Original PostArtyumR wrote:sakura is not looking at Shinji but the most likely option her brother.
I really doubt Rei II is going to return she's for all intents an purposes dead also Kaworu seems to be a sort of a ghost but who knows..

by the way it seems these two pics are from the same scene.

Indeed! There's just so many room for speculation! I would like to notice 13 is scarily impaled with one spear of longinus...
*petrifies and is left floating adrift in space, where it will outlast Evangelion: Thrice Upon a Time 3.0+1.0, as an eternal testament that the human race existed*

Bye bye all of Evangelion and Evageeks.
When you feel sad remember that it's always epic Spinosaurus aegyptiacus time, you were born in the same planet as S. aegyptiacus, how cool is it?
I never understood why people hate the Rebuild because it's different and love the Series, can we just love it all without creating dilemmas and unnecessary discussions?
SPOILER: Show
Be careful of 3.0+1.0 spoilers

This is truly the end of this account, forever.

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Thu Dec 24, 2020 11:36 pm

Shinji: "Sooner or later I'll be betrayed... And they'll leave me. Still... I want to meet them again, because I believe my feelings at that time were real."
Ryuko: "I'm gonna knock ya on your asses!"
-Asuka: THINK IN GERMAN!!! -Shinji: Öh... Baumkuchen...
Hayashida: "As game developers, our work is special. All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work."
~('.'~) (~'.')~ Dancin Kirby

EscapismIsBad
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby EscapismIsBad » Thu Dec 24, 2020 11:38 pm

View Original PostTajai wrote:It did? Which scene?

0:30 into the trailer, there is a red "tower of energy" floating which ocuppies most of the shot too
*petrifies and is left floating adrift in space, where it will outlast Evangelion: Thrice Upon a Time 3.0+1.0, as an eternal testament that the human race existed*

When you feel sad remember that it's always epic Spinosaurus aegyptiacus time, you were born in the same planet as S. aegyptiacus, how cool is it?
I never understood why people hate the Rebuild because it's different and love the Series, can we just love it all without creating dilemmas and unnecessary discussions?

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Thu Dec 24, 2020 11:40 pm

Thinking about it, Asuka and Mari might enter the Door of Guf (implied last trailer) so any of what we see them doing dressed in white...who know where it is taking place.
Shinji: "Sooner or later I'll be betrayed... And they'll leave me. Still... I want to meet them again, because I believe my feelings at that time were real."
Ryuko: "I'm gonna knock ya on your asses!"
-Asuka: THINK IN GERMAN!!! -Shinji: Öh... Baumkuchen...
Hayashida: "As game developers, our work is special. All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work."
~('.'~) (~'.')~ Dancin Kirby

The18°angel
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby The18°angel » Thu Dec 24, 2020 11:40 pm

View Original Postkuribo-04 wrote:Same background. Same scene?
https://twitter.com/Kuribo4/status/1342327804373987328?s=19

and maybe Shinji is the one who is witnessing them all as he makes his decision on the final impact.

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Thu Dec 24, 2020 11:41 pm

kuribo-04 wrote:Same background. Same scene?

Possible. But in the past Khara has used random simple backgrounds in their trailers to keep context a secret. The one that sticks in my mind the most is the close up shot of Shinji’s holding Misato’s hand in 1.0. In the film this happens in Lilith’s cage. In the marketing for the film the shot happens against a random sunset.

Good thing about animation is they can move and paste the characters against any background.

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End
The Beginning and The End

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Thu Dec 24, 2020 11:41 pm

Ooh. Possibly, possibly! Did Ritsuko try shooting Gendo in the visor this time? That'd be a change...

FelipeFritschF wrote:~
Not just that, you have Kaworu looking pensive, sorta heavy, and then immediately after Shinji is all angry, piloting, and after the Wunder scene (apparently nobody noticed there seems to be ANOTHER, new ship there?)

That's the "Dark Wunder" (real name unknown) ship from the end of the previous trailer. Don't tell me you didn't spot that the last time? :hahaha:
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

EscapismIsBad
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby EscapismIsBad » Thu Dec 24, 2020 11:43 pm

Maybe you could include Mark 10 appearance too? I mean... all of those images are occurring during Fifth Impact...
Last edited by EscapismIsBad on Thu Dec 24, 2020 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Thu Dec 24, 2020 11:45 pm

View Original PostGendo'sPapa wrote:Possible. But in the past Khara has used random simple backgrounds in their trailers to keep context a secret. The one that sticks in my mind the most is the close up shot of Shinji’s holding Misato’s hand in 1.0. In the film this happens in Lilith’s cage. In the marketing for the film the shot happens against a random sunset.

Seems the most likely I mean otherwise those shots look kinda low-density for EVA standards

Tajai
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Tajai » Thu Dec 24, 2020 11:49 pm

I'm thinking it's not really a background. It could just be the random gradient used by Khara to hide secret backgrounds.
God's in his heaven, all's right with the world.

BlueBasilisk
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby BlueBasilisk » Thu Dec 24, 2020 11:50 pm

Evas 01 and 13 look to be fighting in a non coreified Tokyo-3 too. That's certainly peculiar.
Someday I hope that we'll be reunited if that is what's destined to be. Perhaps we'll discover that elusive bible. And then we will finally be free!

ArtyumR
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby ArtyumR » Thu Dec 24, 2020 11:54 pm

I have a gut feeling about this these trailers are heavily impliying a fight between Gendo and Shinji
and the last time I saw something like that in other mecha anime (zeta Gundam) the main protagonist killed his own father (sort of)
and was impotent with rage because his mother died.

is there any possibility Shinji could do that? killing his own father?

EscapismIsBad
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby EscapismIsBad » Thu Dec 24, 2020 11:55 pm

It's SO satisfying seeing Asuka annihilate 10 MP Evangelion (armored FOLs maybe?) in seconds, Shin Asuka is clearly superior in every way compared to EoE Asuka (afterall 14 years have passed) and would definitely destroy those harpies! Plus we have Mari doing the same too!

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Fri Dec 25, 2020 12:02 am

She spent 14 years doing nothing but fight off overwhelming odds (especially before they had the under)

View Original PostArtyumR wrote:
is there any possibility Shinji could do that? killing his own father?

It's not impossible, an outright fight was considered for the proposal -
however the outcome where Shinji wins that fight would be too predictable, too cheaply cathartic

Shinji could do anything if he's mad or desperate enough but he would carry that weight a long time.

I don't think it's gonna be Kaworu in there either -
that battle, with the two identical EVAs and the simple, low special effects "barbaric" fight with spears seems like a classic "man vs shadow self" setup
Last edited by Kendrix on Fri Dec 25, 2020 12:07 am, edited 3 times in total.

Velorex
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Velorex » Fri Dec 25, 2020 12:04 am

View Original PostEscapismIsBad wrote:It's SO satisfying seeing Asuka annihilate 10 MP Evangelion (armored FOLs maybe?) in seconds, Shin Asuka is clearly superior in every way compared to EoE Asuka (afterall 14 years have passed) and would definitely destroy those harpies! Plus we have Mari doing the same too!

tbh I think those are unit 10's Image i think they have masks looking upwards.
anyone else notice the units have unit10's face on the stomach
a very... creative use of the codpiece
Last edited by Velorex on Fri Dec 25, 2020 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
"the master of a cruel angel's hypothesis"

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Fri Dec 25, 2020 12:08 am

...i think the song is stuck in my head

BusterMachine4
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby BusterMachine4 » Fri Dec 25, 2020 12:11 am

Geez, I leave for two hours to rewatch Die Hard, and suddenly there's a new trailer with 4 pages of discussion already!

To be honest, that trailer is blowing my mind. There's so much that doesn't make sense with the limited info we have now. By far the most peculiar part, however, is that scene of Unit 13 fighting Unit 1. Not only is Shinji back in the cockpit (I was certain they weren't going to give that away in the trailer), but they seem to be fighting in a restored Tokyo-3! To be honest, the only way I can rationalize what's going on here is if they just go full Avengers Endgame. I mean, time travel. Given the title, I wouldn't be surprised if there was at least some time travel element going on in this movie.

EscapismIsBad
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby EscapismIsBad » Fri Dec 25, 2020 12:11 am

View Original PostVelorex wrote:tbh I think those are unit 10's Image i think they have masks looking upwards.
anyone else notice the units have unit10's face on the stomach

Oh, maybe! Actually, such interesting designs!
What if Eva 7, 11, 12 are all MP Eva's? This movie is so intriguing, Evangelion at it's best!

Edit: Sorry, just noticed the MPE have literal GIGANTIC EVA 10 MASK ON THE TORSO, if that isn't Eva 10 I don't now what it is! Eva 10 really is the new MPE EVA as some proposed.
Last edited by EscapismIsBad on Fri Dec 25, 2020 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”