Shin Eva - New Trailer (12-24-20)

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
andreh
Lilith

Re: Shin Eva - New Trailer (12-24-20)

•      
  •      

Postby andreh » Thu Dec 24, 2020 10:04 pm

SPOILER: Show

Armored FOIs? :w00t:
Also, it looks like Shinji is wearing a different plugsuit (maybe his old one from Nerv? Neck looks identical...)
Last edited by andreh on Thu Dec 24, 2020 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I do not speak English natively. If you see any error, blame my teacher or Google Translate LOL

The18°angel
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby The18°angel » Thu Dec 24, 2020 10:04 pm

the theory that Shinji is some kind of demigod or an adam who was given human form seems to be intensified especially by the scene where his eyes turn purple. Unit 01 vs Unit 13 fighting in what appears to be Tokyo 03, I wonder if it happens within the instrumentality it also seems that gendo and Shinji have a face-to-face confrontation.

things that could happen in the movie from what I've seen in the trailers:

* Asuka's past is revealed along with what exactly was the Marduk Institute.

* mari gets a decent character development in the movie.

* wille fails to stop gendo, the wunder is destroyed and Misato decides to use Shinji and unit 01 as a last resort.

* wille always had the spear of cassius or was in NERV paris.

* I think this time the movie could focus on mari and Shinji. (as in 1.0 it was Rei and Shinji, in 2.0 it was Asuka and Shinji and finally in 3.0 it was kaworu and Shinji.
This is because in the poster next to the trailer, mari is the closest to Shinji, followed by Asuka or Rei who seem to be at the same distance but with Asuka close to mari.

* we found out what happened in the lost 14 years (maybe ...?)

Mr. M
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. M » Thu Dec 24, 2020 10:06 pm

View Original PostGhostlyOcam wrote:I lost my shit when I saw this shot (and other shots with Shinji), GAR!Shinji has returned!

Is it me or he looks older?
The fate of destruction is also the joy of rebirth.

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Thu Dec 24, 2020 10:07 pm

Velorex wrote:purple eyes

In 2.0 Shinj’s eyes turn RED when he awakens Unit 01 while piloting it. Red is a color most directly associated with PASSION, ENERGY & RAGE.

The color PURPLE is a combination of red, the color of passion, with BLUE, the color of stability.

It’s a color associated with WISDOM, PEACE, INDEPENDENCE, and is a color often used for calming the nerves. Spiritually the color purple is associated with the sacred, higher self, and fulfillment.

Purple is the color of aligning oneself with the whole of universe and self.

Just something to think about.
Last edited by Gendo'sPapa on Thu Dec 24, 2020 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jayfive
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Jayfive » Thu Dec 24, 2020 10:08 pm

Bridge Bunny Fist-Bunp.

That is all.
"Fuyutsuki, When children are given their drivers license before being given sole responsibility for the survival of humanity, mecha anime will have crossed a dangerously illogical threshold"

FelipeFritschF
Armisael
Armisael

•      
  •      

Postby FelipeFritschF » Thu Dec 24, 2020 10:15 pm

View Original PostThe18°angel wrote:the theory that Shinji is some kind of demigod or an adam who was given human form seems to be intensified especially by the scene where his eyes turn purple. Unit 01 vs Unit 13 fighting in what appears to be Tokyo 03, I wonder if it happens within the instrumentality it also seems that gendo and Shinji have a face-to-face confrontation.

things that could happen in the movie from what I've seen in the trailers:

* Asuka's past is revealed along with what exactly was the Marduk Institute.

* mari gets a decent character development in the movie.

* wille fails to stop gendo, the wunder is destroyed and Misato decides to use Shinji and unit 01 as a last resort.

* wille always had the spear of cassius or was in NERV paris.

* I think this time the movie could focus on mari and Shinji. (as in 1.0 it was Rei and Shinji, in 2.0 it was Asuka and Shinji and finally in 3.0 it was kaworu and Shinji.
This is because in the poster next to the trailer, mari is the closest to Shinji, followed by Asuka or Rei who seem to be at the same distance but with Asuka close to mari.

* we found out what happened in the lost 14 years (maybe ...?)

I agree with most of that, but I doubt it's Asuka in the past, because the eternal summer rule still applies to NTE. Or does it? That girl looks 9.

And 2.0 is really the Reishin movie. Don't forget how ecstatic Reishin fans were at 2.0, and how pissed off they were after 3.0. Similarly, Kawoshin fans were ecstatic after 3.0, and now we got Kaworu and Shinji apparently fighting. Might repeat that pattern.

I'd really say 1.0 was Shinji's movie, 2.0 Rei's, 3.0 Kaworu's. By this logic 3.0+1.0 should be Asuka's... and I guess they'll just shove Mari to the wayside.

JoelcrNeto
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby JoelcrNeto » Thu Dec 24, 2020 10:16 pm

I noticed an absence of Fuyutsuki in this trailer. What will happen to him?
“Like a miracle, life starts with the pain / Forever this will be” — “Heroes of Sand” by Angra.
“É porque nós gostamos de você. Obrigada por conversar comigo. Vem, me dá a sua mão para andarmos juntos.” — Rei to Shinji (Portuguese dub).

EvaGeeks official Discord server

Drunken_Skunk
Embryo

NEW TRAILER

•      
  •      

Postby Drunken_Skunk » Thu Dec 24, 2020 10:22 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10ict3G ... c.official

NEW MOVIE TRAILER FULLY ONE MINUTE

ITS FINALLY HAPPENING!!!!!!!!!

Jayfive
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Jayfive » Thu Dec 24, 2020 10:23 pm

Also are we going to talk about that *terrifying* shot of Midori in full EoE-style bug-eyed mode?
"Fuyutsuki, When children are given their drivers license before being given sole responsibility for the survival of humanity, mecha anime will have crossed a dangerously illogical threshold"

hui43210
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby hui43210 » Thu Dec 24, 2020 10:23 pm

View Original PostFelipeFritschF wrote:Toji and Sakura both have sort of brown/hazel/dark green eyes and dark brown hair. How does that result into blue eyes and Shikinami's strawberry blonde hair?

If this is someone's child, the obvious candidate, uhhhhhhhh... is Asuka and Shinji's. Even has Asuka's whole embarrassed tsundere's nature to her in that shot. Or Asuka and Kensuke's! Not that I think they'll actually make a canon child for the pilots, for crying out loud. There's some other explanation. Maybe a clone.

Asuka's and Kensuke is something I thought of too lol. But she still has a 14 year-old body, so that'd be messed up.

Anyways, I still think her hair is close to Hikari's color, so that's what I'm betting, but we'll see.
I mean, predictability is the central attraction and the narrative hook that we've all come to expect from the Evangelion franchise. How come Anno can't realize this? Twice? - FreakyFilmFan4ever

The18°angel
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby The18°angel » Thu Dec 24, 2020 10:24 pm

View Original PostFelipeFritschF wrote:I agree with most of that, but I doubt it's Asuka in the past, because the eternal summer rule still applies to NTE. Or does it? That girl looks 9.

And 2.0 is really the Reishin movie. Don't forget how ecstatic Reishin fans were at 2.0, and how pissed off they were after 3.0. Similarly, Kawoshin fans were ecstatic after 3.0, and now we got Kaworu and Shinji apparently fighting. Might repeat that pattern.

I'd really say 1.0 was Shinji's movie, 2.0 Rei's, 3.0 Kaworu's. By this logic 3.0+1.0 should be Asuka's... and I guess they'll just shove Mari to the wayside.

the eternal summer I think only applies to Japan. also Asuka (assuming it is a flashback) could be in a NERV facility in europe, as in the bethany base where it was shown that there were still snowfalls.

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End
The Beginning and The End

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Thu Dec 24, 2020 10:26 pm

Wonder why Midori looks like she's going nuts, or why Ritsuko is so agitated. Is it the black Wunder they're so horrified by? The return of GAR-Shinji probably spells doom. Purple eyes probably means the blood red glow has mixed with a blue glow...whatever that stands for!

EDIT:

View Original PostGendo'sPapa wrote:In 2.0 Shinj’s eyes turn RED when he awakens Unit 01 while piloting it. Red is a color most directly associated with PASSION, ENERGY & RAGE.

The color PURPLE is a combination of red, the color of passion, with BLUE, the color of stability.

It’s a color associated with WISDOM, PEACE, INDEPENDENCE, and is a color often used for calming the nerves. Spiritually the color purple is associated with the sacred, higher self, and fulfillment.

Purple is the color of aligning oneself with the whole of universe and self.

Just something to think about.

Oooh, that is a fantastic observation!

View Original PostFelipeFritschF wrote:

This shot really gives a menacing aura to Unit 13. Velorex pointed out that this parallels Kaworu's pose in the moon scene in 2.0. Can someone please get a screencap?

What the static shot doesn't convey is the menace that comes from Eva-13's slow movement to the side. It looks amazing.

And dang, Eva-01 versus Eva-13 in a Longinus versus Cassius battle? That looks like one hell of a fight.
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

FelipeFritschF
Armisael
Armisael

•      
  •      

Postby FelipeFritschF » Thu Dec 24, 2020 10:26 pm

View Original PostThe18°angel wrote:the eternal summer I think only applies to Japan. also Asuka (assuming it is a flashback) could be in a NERV facility in europe, as in the bethany base where it was shown that there were still snowfalls.

That's a fair point. Interesting. Someone please check if this is actually commented on. Also, that implies Asuka will indeed be getting more involvement, and this movie could indeed have a bigger focus on her.
Last edited by FelipeFritschF on Thu Dec 24, 2020 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Velorex
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Velorex » Thu Dec 24, 2020 10:32 pm

View Original PostFelipeFritschF wrote:Image
This shot really gives a menacing aura to Unit 13. Velorex pointed out that this parallels Kaworu's pose in the moon scene in 2.0. Can someone please get a screencap?

its a similar pose that Kaworu had in 2.0 and NGE
Last edited by Velorex on Thu Dec 24, 2020 11:49 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"the master of a cruel angel's hypothesis"

EscapismIsBad
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby EscapismIsBad » Thu Dec 24, 2020 10:34 pm

EVANGELION UNIT 1!!!! YES!!!!!!!! The movie looks very apocalyptic though, I'm really scared about Unit 2 being surrounded by MILLIONS of other evil Evas, Asuka looks lovely.
*petrifies and is left floating adrift in space, where it will outlast Evangelion: Thrice Upon a Time 3.0+1.0, as an eternal testament that the human race existed*

Bye bye all of Evangelion and Evageeks.
When you feel sad remember that it's always epic Spinosaurus aegyptiacus time, you were born in the same planet as S. aegyptiacus, how cool is it?
I never understood why people hate the Rebuild because it's different and love the Series, can we just love it all without creating dilemmas and unnecessary discussions?
Be careful of 3.0+1.0 spoilers

This is truly the end of this account, forever.

FelipeFritschF
Armisael
Armisael

•      
  •      

Postby FelipeFritschF » Thu Dec 24, 2020 10:41 pm

EscapismIsBad
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby EscapismIsBad » Thu Dec 24, 2020 10:44 pm

The character in the snowy setting is clearly meant to be Asuka, maybe even as a flashback, instrumentality or post war world (I mean, post final impact).
Anyway, THE SOUNDTRACK MUST BE ABSURDLY AWESOME, there's SO much fanservice.
*petrifies and is left floating adrift in space, where it will outlast Evangelion: Thrice Upon a Time 3.0+1.0, as an eternal testament that the human race existed*

Bye bye all of Evangelion and Evageeks.
When you feel sad remember that it's always epic Spinosaurus aegyptiacus time, you were born in the same planet as S. aegyptiacus, how cool is it?
I never understood why people hate the Rebuild because it's different and love the Series, can we just love it all without creating dilemmas and unnecessary discussions?
Be careful of 3.0+1.0 spoilers

This is truly the end of this account, forever.

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Thu Dec 24, 2020 10:46 pm

MOAR WIDE ANGLE SHOTS OF EVA PILOTS IN ZERO-G PLEASE!!!

Also, Hyuga and Aoba fist-bumping unexpectedly torpedoed my emotions in ways from which I'm still recovering. Was not expecting to see anything more than expositional dialogue from those guys, so that moment just gut-punched me outta nowhere.

*plays trailer on a loop another 39 times.,*

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Thu Dec 24, 2020 10:58 pm

Well this is a whammytastic one!
I knew i said I was gonna nope out by I couldn't resist it.

• Either that is flashback Asuka (backstory time?) or she's had a daughter during the timeskip. Remember, 28. She could have had that kid at 20- 22
  • If it's backstory, Maybe Mari will get backstory too...
  • Wounded Misato - No please don't die I know I was very mad at you but not like this :((
  • looks like Asuka and Mari are going to space again
  • Everyone who suggested "purple EVA battle" called it
  • I'm very curious about who is putting on that girl school uniform. - perhaps the people who are theorizing that they're booting up a new Rei are right. Or maybe it's old Rei emerging. She would still be stuck at student age like Shinji. Or an Asuka flashback? But it looks very much like that shot of Rei dressing in 2.0 right before phoning Asuka. So far the "new Rei" makes the most sense - recall Reichu's recent post according to which Rei 13 is possibly still active and unaccounted for.
  • Actually now i realize, that's someone else's hands dressing her...it looks like Shinji. I hope he's making amends with ReiQ not being emotional at her for something that isn't her fault
  • That little moment of the WILLE members high fiving is a nice touch, I'm sure it'll add a human touch in a very tense scene at some point in EVA-typical fashion
  • And here is our fourth "Shinji climbing with great difficulty at the movie's climax" shot
  • That's DEFINITELY an Anti-Wunder, you called that, too
  • Final confrontation with Gendo? though I think something surprising will happen when the visor comes off. Like a motive reveal
  • Very pretty dynamic shots, in any case

Also can anyone make out the lyrics?
They're certainly teasing us by showing Kaworu ding the "one last kiss" part lol.

The poster is so very beautiful (also recalls EoE's "seashore trailer"), please let that be the ending.
That would be the perfect ending for me - all five pilots live and walk into the sunset, free at last to build normal, non predetermined lives.
But it cant be right, no eyepath? But Mari has her timeskip glasses and Kaworu his timeskip hair. Of course since Kaworu & Rei are standing aside from the group a bit they might be only "spiritually" present.

You know I was very miffed we never got the 5 pilot teamup implied in the Q trailer...

I don't know how they could get from the end of Q to that, and I've been trying hard to keep my expectations as low as possible... Argh, damnit. Dont give me fucking HOPE! MOTHERFUCKEEEEER
Last edited by Kendrix on Thu Dec 24, 2020 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I wanted to try harvesting the rice

I wanted to hold Tsubame more

I wanted to stay together forever with the boy I like

ArtyumR
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby ArtyumR » Thu Dec 24, 2020 10:58 pm

is it Rei? are they teasing that's gonna be a happy ending? nobody dies (maybe Gendo).

P.S also Shinji has powers or something (his eyes became blue when he was fighting against the EVA013 piloted supposedly by his father)

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”