Unit-00's eye(s)

For serious and at times in-depth discussions only, covering the original TV series, the movies End of Evangelion and Death & Rebirth.

Moderator: Board Staff

Berserker
Ramiel
Ramiel

Re: Unit-00's eye(s)

•      
  •      

Postby Berserker » Tue Dec 22, 2020 5:00 am

View Original PostKendrix wrote:Likewise, the second eye might be tiny and vestigial.
So without the helmet, zerogokis face looks like this:
".O"

Wouldn't that result in an imbalanced vision, causing imprecise target which isn't the case as we see it hurl the spear javelin style, hitting Arael flawlessly. Now it can be said that Rei perfected the target alongside the help of on-board computer. But during the activation test, in bersek state, it punched the glass pane right in front of Gendo and Ritsuko in purpose of hitting them both. If it had imbalanced vision, it would've hit the wall beside them since it sees from its eye(s) and Rei had no control over it. My guess is odd number of eyes, like 1 giant one or 3,5,7. Something like that. I mean it's possible since unit 2, 8, 13 has more than 2 eyes. Since 00 was the first and the prototype one, maybe they thought of making multiple eye holed face shield would be weird from appearance. So they simply made a giant one, from which every one of those eyes can see through. Just my speculation.
EvaGeeks at its finest: discussing whether or not a 14 yo girl has breast implants and how they should look. ~Shamsiel-kun
Sometimes I secretly think the reason I'm an A/S shipper is because I want Rei for myself. ~Chuckman
Eew, penis and testicles, gross! ~Reichu
My dude, "cross, crucifix, troubles, back, rood, buttock" sounds a lot closer to classic Evangelion than just one stray buttock roaming around in the film. ~FreakyFilmFan4ever

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Tue Dec 22, 2020 1:20 pm

What I had in mind was more that the second eye would be tiny & basically useless/ not see anything at all, or maybe just distinguish light & dark like primitive worm eyes.
So they sort of left it in but didn't build a window for it into the armor
Alas poor Kaworu! I knew him well...
Todo list:
- Essay on the character's roles in each others introspec sequences
- Good faith Analysis of Mari
- Finish ep 8 commentary

Blockio
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Tue Dec 22, 2020 7:34 pm

View Original PostKendrix wrote:I see basically 2 explanations:

a) They just copied a list of organs from somewhere and didn't screen it further, ie, this is unintentional. Then again, while you could imagine a bunch of animators not knowing about obscure glands, you'd think they would have caught the eyes.

I also believe in that one. That one image is all that ever comes up in the show on this whole mess, and too much of it has to be explained away with ridiculous and unlikely contraptions, or just doesn't make sense at all. Far more likely than not, it was a simple production oversight, like when the MPs in EoE suddenly come from a completely different direction than last seen.
As much thought went into Eva, creative stuff is not immune to human error, and this is almost definitely a case like that.
Why don't you save the Princess next time instead of being such a baby? She would love it and maybe you could get a sweet kiss. ~ Joseki
Your point of view is horny, and biased. ~ glitz2hard
What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

BlueBasilisk
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby BlueBasilisk » Wed Dec 23, 2020 7:32 am

According to the Eva 00 Soul of Chogokin figure, it doesn't have any eyes at all. :lol:
SPOILER: Show
Someday I hope that we'll be reunited if that is what's destined to be. Perhaps we'll discover that elusive bible. And then we will finally be free!

Return to “Evangelion TV Series + EoE Discussion”