You Can Start Again

Everything Evangelion Fanfiction related.

Moderator: Board Staff

Glor
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Re: You Can Start Again

•      
  •      

Postby Glor » Wed Dec 09, 2020 6:34 am

How much more do you have left for the story?

There'll still be an audience for it. Readership will probably increase along with the likely flood of Rebuild stories that will be put out after the final film.
Amarantos - an NGE AU, beginning with Asuka, Shinji, and a garden. Take a look. Couldn't hurt.

"Anything can be Evangelion related if you have the will to twist it." -Joseki.

cyharding
Our Man in Tokyo 3
Our Man in Tokyo 3

•      
  •      

Postby cyharding » Thu Dec 10, 2020 12:46 am

View Original PostGlor wrote:How much more do you have left for the story?

By my estimate it's around four chapters or so. Then again, there have been times where I intended to have certain events happen in a complete chapter only to split it up into multiple when I get to writing it.

There'll still be an audience for it. Readership will probably increase along with the likely flood of Rebuild stories that will be put out after the final film.

That's what the people I've talked to about this said as well. If they're all saying it, there must me something to it. My great fear is that the people who have been reading will develop this "Why eat hamburger when you could get steak?" attitude to my story when the final movie comes out. I'm also afraid that, as I don't know exactly how I'm going to end it (I have figured it out in broad swaths only), that I will be unduly influenced by the events of the movie when it comes out. Since I'm a mod, I'll have to know spoilers if I am going to be monitoring the Rebuild subforums when it is released.
Finding intelligent life on the web is not easy, we must all be glad we found EGF. - A.T. Fish
You Can Start Again. Chapter 30 now released. Now on FF.net
Oh, Eva, you never cease to amaze me. Your fans are analizing a calendar, for god's sake.- Alpha

Derantor
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Derantor » Thu Dec 10, 2020 1:53 am

While I can't speak with any certainty, I'm pretty sure that your readership will increase following the release of Shin. You might lose some readers but gain others; the continuation fic crowd might decrease, while the people loving canon divergence/alternate ending fics might increase. Also, the movie ending will most likely be relatively divisive, if EoTV and EoE are any indication, which means that people will want some (different) form of closure.

jcmoorehead
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby jcmoorehead » Fri Dec 11, 2020 4:00 am

View Original Postcyharding wrote:Chapter 30 is now released. I know that I will not complete the story before Thrice Upon A Time is released, and I'm not 100% sure they'll be an audience for it after that film is out. I've had conversations with some people on the subject and they assured me that people will still want to read it, so I'm not too pessimistic. I also have to take into consideration that my relationship with the Eva franchise has changed since I first started this tale, and while that relationship has changed for the better, I feel at the same time that this story, and fanfiction in general, is a lesser part of it. In any event, I will try to complete another chapter before the movie comes out, or if not, by the weekend of release. After that, we'll have to see.

I actually need to catch up! Work has been keeping me so busy this year I've not been able to keep on top of reading or writing but there absolutely will be an audience for the story after Thrice comes out. Just like there is an audience for the many fics that deviate from points of the original story as well. You have written a great piece of work, so it'll definitely stand up :)

Return to “Fanfiction”