Who will being seeing 3.0+1.0 in Japan?

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
wiser3754
Ramiel
Ramiel

Re: Who will being seeing 3.0+1.0 in Japan?

•      
  •      

Postby wiser3754 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 5:36 pm

View Original Postkuribo-04 wrote:That's impossible lol. They have to make their money back.

I'd pay anything honestly.

How much of the world's population pay a fee for renting or buying a movie via a streaming service? 3.0+1.0 is gonna be a Japanese exclusive for how long before it goes global? It'll be torrented to hell and back like 3.0 due to being screened in Japan.

I also doubt many major theatre companies will be around by the time 3.0+1.0 gets the greenlight to be screened globally.
I watch and speculate.

Blockio
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Thu Nov 26, 2020 8:28 am

View Original Postwiser3754 wrote:How much of the world's population pay a fee for renting or buying a movie via a streaming service?

Sorry to be this blunt, but have you looked at the kind of cash Netflix and other subscription services are making? Everything on there can easily be pirated, but enough people don't. This kind of "argument" is complete and utter bullshit
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
Your point of view is horny, and biased. ~ glitz2hard
What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

wiser3754
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby wiser3754 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:31 am

Who said Netflix? I was suggesting renting the movie from a streaming service like Youtube movies in which you pay a small fee for access to the movie for 24 hours.

If Covid-19 really subsides and Khara can safely release the movie in theatres than this argument I made can go die in a trash bin. Otherwise my patience with this release date being pushed again and again is gonna nake me torrent the damned thing.
I watch and speculate.

Joseki
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby Joseki » Tue Dec 01, 2020 5:47 am

I don't think the rent model has proven to be succesful enough for the studios that tried it this year, but I may be mistaken.

Big Ben
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Big Ben » Tue Dec 01, 2020 6:11 am

How high are the chances that someone will record the movie in Japan and leak it?

Blockio
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Tue Dec 01, 2020 6:48 am

Historically speaking, this has basically always happened. But also historically speaking, these first leaks are complete and utter dogshit in quality, and most of them are damn near unwatchable
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
Your point of view is horny, and biased. ~ glitz2hard
What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

Joseki
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby Joseki » Tue Dec 01, 2020 6:54 am

View Original PostBig Ben wrote:How high are the chances that someone will record the movie in Japan and leak it?

It's likely to happen at some point.

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Tue Dec 01, 2020 6:57 am

View Original PostBlockio wrote:Historically speaking, this has basically always happened. But also historically speaking, these first leaks are complete and utter dogshit in quality, and most of them are damn near unwatchable

Also historically speaking, everyone is gonna critique the audio of the DVD or Blu-ray release based on the sonic mud in the camrip.

BusterMachine4
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby BusterMachine4 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:14 am

View Original PostBlockio wrote:Historically speaking, this has basically always happened. But also historically speaking, these first leaks are complete and utter dogshit in quality, and most of them are damn near unwatchable

But contemporarily speaking, I don’t know if that’s the case anymore. As I already said in another thread, phone recording technology has really advanced since 2013, and if someone were to record the new movie it would probably be at least DVD quality.

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:42 am

View Original PostBusterMachine4 wrote:But contemporarily speaking, I don’t know if that’s the case anymore. As I already said in another thread, phone recording technology has really advanced since 2013, and if someone were to record the new movie it would probably be at least DVD quality.

Do you think this goes for audio quality too?
Shinji: "Sooner or later I'll be betrayed... And they'll leave me. Still... I want to meet them again, because I believe my feelings at that time were real."
Ryuko: "I'm gonna knock ya on your asses!"
-Asuka: THINK IN GERMAN!!! -Shinji: Öh... Baumkuchen...
Hayashida: "As game developers, our work is special. All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work."
~('.'~) (~'.')~ Dancin Kirby

BusterMachine4
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby BusterMachine4 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:28 am

View Original Postkuribo-04 wrote:Do you think this goes for audio quality too?

Probably, yeah. I’m using the camrip of the first 10 minutes as a reference here, and the audio sounds pretty good. Certainly not home video quality, but not particularly bad either.

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 1:46 pm

Well, that is at least good news for people who might watch that way.

Btw, if Covid wasn't a thing, maybe by now we'd have the BD. Or maybe it'd be close to release. Hardly the worst thing this year but thinking about that makes me sad.
Shinji: "Sooner or later I'll be betrayed... And they'll leave me. Still... I want to meet them again, because I believe my feelings at that time were real."
Ryuko: "I'm gonna knock ya on your asses!"
-Asuka: THINK IN GERMAN!!! -Shinji: Öh... Baumkuchen...
Hayashida: "As game developers, our work is special. All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work."
~('.'~) (~'.')~ Dancin Kirby

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Tue Dec 01, 2020 3:49 pm

View Original Postkuribo-04 wrote:Btw, if Covid wasn't a thing, maybe by now we'd have the BD. Or maybe it'd be close to release. Hardly the worst thing this year but thinking about that makes me sad.

Yo, I feel you dude.

intermediateO
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby intermediateO » Thu Dec 24, 2020 12:09 am

Since they finally confirmed midnight showings I'll definitely be trying to hit one up. The Shinjuku Toho Cinemas is kinda tempting with the IMAX option, but I think I'll stick with Shinjuku Wald 9 since they are an all-night theater, so I can probably see a second showing of it right after too.

GhostlyOcam
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby GhostlyOcam » Thu Dec 24, 2020 12:22 am

Are you going to the Q-Shin back-to-back screenings or just Shin? I'm curious on how they'll handle the transition between the two films. It's pretty cool they're doing this when you remember that the films were originally meant to be a 2-in-1 feature.
Breathe the air, take in the feeling of peace and harmony.

intermediateO
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby intermediateO » Thu Dec 24, 2020 12:40 am

View Original PostGhostlyOcam wrote:Are you going to the Q-Shin back-to-back screenings or just Shin? I'm curious on how they'll handle the transition between the two films. It's pretty cool they're doing this when you remember that the films were originally meant to be a 2-in-1 feature.

It honestly depends on the runtime of Q. If it's literally the exact same movie plus some cosmetic differences like the plugsuits, then I'll probably pass.

GhostlyOcam
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby GhostlyOcam » Thu Dec 24, 2020 2:26 am

Ah, that makes sense. Even if Shin turns out to be only 90ish minutes (I REALLY hope not lol) that'd make it a three hour marathon and half of it is a film you've probably watched a dozen of times already. :D

intermediateO
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby intermediateO » Thu Dec 24, 2020 2:58 am

Even if Shin is like 2 and a half hours though, I'll definitely see it twice back-to-back if the night showings at Wald 9 permit it. :emogendo:

GhostlyOcam
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby GhostlyOcam » Thu Dec 24, 2020 3:19 am

Looking forward to the screening report! I hope there will be some sobbings and stuff during or after the show. :unit01_creepy:

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Thu Dec 24, 2020 4:05 am

I really hope this isn't an indication of a shorter runtime but then again, ppl have marathoned the LotRs, even our uni did a back to back screening once
I wanted to try harvesting the rice

I wanted to hold Tsubame more

I wanted to stay together forever with the boy I like

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”