NGE/EOE All The Anime Blu Ray Release Europe 2021

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

NGE/EOE All The Anime Blu Ray Release Europe 2021

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Sat Oct 24, 2020 11:00 am

All the Anime have stated that they are doing a full series release and the movies including EOE if you have region B this very relevant to you. It's not clear yet which dub this will come out with I'm hoping both Netflix and the ADV version as well as subs for those that prefer it. ^_^

https://evangelion.alltheanime.com/

For A region Gkids release, please go to this thread.

https://forum.evageeks.org/thread/20320/GKids-releasing-NGE-Blu-Ray-in-North-America-2021/
Last edited by silvermoonlight on Sat Oct 24, 2020 2:59 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3
Sequel As The Divine Light Breaks For download version please go to AO3

jcmoorehead
Leliel
Leliel

Re: NGE/EOE All The Anime Blu Ray Release Europe 2021

•      
  •      

Postby jcmoorehead » Sat Oct 24, 2020 11:30 am

I think it was GKids who were doing the release in the US? ^_^

AllTheAnime have a pretty good track record with Blu Ray releases in my eyes, their box sets always feel good quality, come with a nice amount of extras and are pretty fan pleasing. I don't quite know what the legal situation is regarding the Dubs or such, but with the Gundam SEED Ultimate Edition Release they are including both the old and new dubs for that, so there is possibly a chance it'll have both on there.

I am very much looking forward to it though. I'll be eagerly hovering over the Pre-Order button when it goes up!

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Sat Oct 24, 2020 11:34 am

View Original Postjcmoorehead wrote:I think it was GKids who were doing the release in the US? ^_^

AllTheAnime have a pretty good track record with Blu Ray releases in my eyes, their box sets always feel good quality, come with a nice amount of extras and are pretty fan pleasing. I don't quite know what the legal situation is regarding the Dubs or such, but with the Gundam SEED Ultimate Edition Release they are including both the old and new dubs for that, so there is possibly a chance it'll have both on there.

I am very much looking forward to it though. I'll be eagerly hovering over the Pre-Order button when it goes up!

Yeah, I just found that out and your spot on ^_^

Same here really looking forward to this as I did order the Violet Evergarden series from them and can't wait to see how it plays on the Blu Ray player.
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3

FelipeFritschF
Armisael
Armisael

•      
  •      

Postby FelipeFritschF » Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:02 pm

So... this is the (mainland) European release, I guess, and not the GKids NA one, or the Anime Limited UK one? The sites all look very similar like this is part of the same initiative by Khara.

Guess that covers Eva getting a full Western Blurei release, which still other leaves other markets like LA hanging.

Might be worth combining this thread with the other BR releases one, perhaps?

EDIT: Nevermind, AllTheAnime and Anime Limited are the same company. From what I can gather they also release in other European markets besides the UK so this will probably include other languages like Spanish and Italian which might not be part of the GKids NA release.

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Thu Aug 12, 2021 11:17 am

Thank you jcmoorehead for seeing this as my eye was well of the ball today.

The six-day count down has begun for All The Anime has started, this is for anyone with region B ^_^

Once count down ends you can pre-order, I will post details on which dubs this will have.

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Thu Aug 19, 2021 11:27 am

I believe classic dub refers to ADV dub while Official no doubt refers to the netflix dub.

The NEON GENESIS EVANGELION: Ultimate Edition was created by fans as the definitive celebration of one of the most important and influential anime series of all time, featuring exclusive artwork, merch, a 156-page book, and over 7 hours of bonus features. Spread over 11 discs, this set contains the Official Dub and Subtitled versions, and bonus Classic Dub and Subtitled versions.

Limited to 1,500 copies for the UK & Ireland, and sold exclusively on the All The Anime Store.
Featuring

Limited Edition Artwork
Bonus Classic Dub and Subtitled Versions
156-Page Book
Art Boards
Sachiel Resin Paperweight
NERV ID Card w/ Lanyard

The international re-release of NEON GENESIS EVANGELION does not contain "FLY ME TO THE MOON" in any of its home video editions.

Limited Edition Artwork
The Ultimate Edition is encased in a premium-quality rigid-board shoulder box featuring artwork never before released in the UK. These renderings of Asuka and Rei were previously featured on the Japanese LaserDisc release, and are further accented with a hi-build UV treatment on the title and characters, with micromotion on the LCL around Rei. The set also includes two sturdy fold-out disc carriers featuring LaserDisc artwork of Shinji & Gendo on one with Misato & Kaji on the other.
Bonus Classic Dub
and Subtitled Versions

In addition to the Official Dub and Subtitled versions, there is an extra set of discs including the bonus Classic Dub and Subtitled versions for the twenty-six episode series, as well as the films EVANGELION:DEATH (TRUE)2 and THE END OF EVANGELION.
156-Page Book

A perfect-bound 156-page book collects promotional posters and artwork, a glossary of Angels and EVA units, a timeline of key moments in the release of NEON GENESIS EVANGELION, full credit lists for each episode, detailed surveys of all 26 NEON GENESIS EVANGELION episodes, and more.
Art Boards

Eleven double-sided 12x12" art boards are a high-quality replication of the full character-based artwork from the famed Japanese LaserDisc release. Printed on sturdy cardstock, these art boards are ready for wall display or additional framing.
Sachiel Resin Paperweight

A limited edition resin paperweight modeled on Sachiel, the 3rd Angel. Sachiel is the first Angel to appear in NEON GENESIS EVANGELION and emerges from the sea in EPISODE:1 ANGEL ATTACK

This paperweight was created exclusively for the Ultimate Edition.
NERV ID Card w/ Lanyard

Recreated from its appearance in NEON GENESIS EVANGELION, this double-sided guest ID Card features the NERV organization logo and includes a reusable 450mm lanyard adorned with the Magi System’s signature "EMERGENCY" indicators.

This ID Card and lanyard are created exclusively for the Ultimate Edition.

Bonus Features
THE END OF EVANGELION - Video Format Version
EPISODE:25' Love is destructive
ONE MORE FINAL: I need you
Title-free Opening
30-Second Next Episode Previews
TV Commercials (Japanese VHS Release)
TV Commercials (Original soundtracks)
TV Commercial (Sega Saturn game)
TV Commercials (Magazines)
TV Premiere Promos
Japanese Voice Auditions
Genesis 0:0 IN THE BEGINNING
Image Board Collection
Japanese Blu-ray Box Commercial
Animatics Collection
EPISODE:9 Both of You, Dance Like You Want to Win!
Animatic Collection
EPISODE:15 Those women longed for the touch of others' lips, and thus invited their kisses.
Animatics Collection
EPISODE:18 AMBIVALENCE
Animatics Collection
EPISODE:19 INTROJECTION
Animatics Collection
EPISODE:20 WEAVING A STORY 2: oral stage
Animatics Collection
EPISODE:21 He was aware that he was still a child.
Animatics Collection
EPISODE:22 Don't Be.
Animatics Collection
EPISODE:23 Rei III
Animatics Collection
EPISODE:24 The Beginning and the End, or "Knockin' on Heaven's Door"
Animatics Collection
EPISODE:25 Do you love me?
Animatics Collection
FINALE: Take care of yourself.
Genesis 0:0’ THE LIGHT FROM THE DARKNESS
THE END OF EVANGELION
Deleted Live Action Scene
THE END OF EVANGELION
Making of the Live Action Scene
THE END OF EVANGELION
Theatrical Teaser
THE END OF EVANGELION
Theatrical Trailer
THE END OF EVANGELION
TV Spots
THE END OF EVANGELION
Final Scene Alternate Take
FULL SONG – MUSUNDE HIRAITE
EPISODE:25' Love is destructive (partial animatic)
Music Video
The Cruel Angel's Thesis
Music Video
'Soul’s Refrain’ / Yoko Takahashi
Music Video
‘THANATOS – IF I CAN’T BE YOURS’ / LOREN & MASH
Music Video
'ARMAGEDDON'/ Shiro SAGISU
Music Video
Tengoku no Kioku’ / Megumi Hayashibara Listed on Blu-ray as: Memories of Heaven

Erufailon4
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Erufailon4 » Thu Aug 19, 2021 11:37 am

Expensive, and exclusive to AllTheAnime's shop (with the FAQ implying they won't ship this one to continental Europe). Can't say I'm surprised. Well, time to wait for a standard edition. (GKIDS is apparently going to reveal theirs soon, no word on Anime Ltd's.)

Jayfive
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Jayfive » Thu Aug 19, 2021 11:49 am

Well I see no reason to upgrade from my metal Platinum edition box set to this. Pretty sure a lot of the extras are on the platinum edition and the feelies I can live without.

£200 is a lot to get the series without the need for waiting for a box set to appear on ebay or hunting around for individual DVDs. But people seem to be snapping them up without hesitation.
"Fuyutsuki, When children are given their drivers license before being given sole responsibility for the survival of humanity, mecha anime will have crossed a dangerously illogical threshold"

IDontWantNoScrub
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby IDontWantNoScrub » Thu Aug 19, 2021 4:07 pm

I'm in Europe. Am I out of luck? They're only shipping to UK & Ireland.

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Thu Aug 19, 2021 4:55 pm

View Original PostIDontWantNoScrub wrote:I'm in Europe. Am I out of luck? They're only shipping to UK & Ireland.

You want the EU option, I belive which is by Madman.

https://www.madman.com.au/actions/channel.do?method=view

https://evangelion.alltheanime.com/#ultimate-edition The EU option is the one to the right.

IDontWantNoScrub
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby IDontWantNoScrub » Thu Aug 19, 2021 9:06 pm

View Original Postsilvermoonlight wrote:
View Original PostIDontWantNoScrub#929665 wrote:I'm in Europe. Am I out of luck? They're only shipping to UK & Ireland.

You want the EU option, I belive which is by Madman.

https://www.madman.com.au/actions/channel.do?method=view

https://evangelion.alltheanime.com/#ultimate-edition The EU option is the one to the right.

Looks like All the Anime has now expanded shipping to other countries as well. Getting my copy now.

Stuart
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Stuart » Fri Aug 20, 2021 2:08 am

I'm disappointed by this. All the video extras are from the Japanese BD release, however not all are included. Looks like there's no Death&Rebirth, no 5.1 mix music album, no non-DC edition 21-24 (let alone mention of the OA version released on DVD in Japan 6 years ago).

Kind of feel like it's a dumbed down presentation for English-speaking audience, i.e. getting rid of all the "confusing" bits like Rebirth and the dual 21-24 episodes. It's called the Ultimate collection, yet this HD master has existed for 6 years and English speaking territories get a watered down release with decades old laserdisc artwork and some tatty paperweight and lanyard. Can't even be bothered specifying which of the ADV dubs it is (though they have said on Twitter it's the 5.1 mix so almost definitely the dub from Platinum, makes sense since they use the DC episodes).

I'm concerned given previous anime English language releases that video quality might be worse than the JP counterpart. If they just published detailed tech specs for each disc then we'd have clarity.

The Japanese BD page goes into great depth about what's on each disc: https://www.evangelion.co.jp/ng.html. It feels like ATA and GKids are being deliberately vague, whilst at the same time using pressure selling tactics (countdown, limited run, not saying what the standard edition will contain, future price hike).

I am not impressed.

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Fri Aug 20, 2021 4:03 am

Okay, the 9-day countdown has begun to the normal edition, I will post what's in it when it comes out.

I don't agree with them making the ADV dub a special bonus, dubs should be standard on all editions period. I'm not happy with the price of this ether, I think it should have been £150 or £120 as people don't have money to throw around in Covid times.

I only had it by chance as I have savings, but I know not everyone will be so fortunate and that's very unfair as it's like making a wealthy collector's only bracket (They did this with the Dark Crystal age of resistance merchandise last year as all the Weta statues are in the £250 to £360 making them totally out of reach of the poorer fanbase) I don't like that Alltheanime is going the same way. :irked:

Edit: Side note I have brought Outlaw star, Dragonmaid S1 and Violet Evergarden S1 from alltheanime their quality does tend to be really good. They even had an issue with the Violet Evergarden master disc this year and rather than just send out a lame copy they went to Japan to get a better master disc and re-made the whole product.

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Sun Aug 22, 2021 8:02 pm

View Original Postsilvermoonlight wrote:I don't agree with them making the ADV dub a special bonus, dubs should be standard on all editions period. I'm not happy with the price of this ether, I think it should have been £150 or £120 as people don't have money to throw around in Covid times.

So, it appears as though the GKIDS and the ATA versions are basically exactly the same, with the only exception possibly being region encoding.

In both versions, it only mentions the Sachiel paperweight and the NERV ID card and lanyard being exclusive to the Ultimate Edition. This suggest that the other stuff might be included in future editions. Also, both websites say that they will announce "forthcoming editions" (plural) soon. It could be that they're announcing a regular edition and another Special Edition. (The websites never say just how limited the "Limited Edition Artwork" is, or just how unique of a bonus the "Bonus Classic Dub" is. And it just leaves out any qualifiers on the book and everything else all together.)

I wouldn't be surprised if the announcement later this month will include more than just the regular edition.

Guess we wait and see.

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Mon Aug 30, 2021 6:07 am

New editions are Collector's Edition and Standard Edition
Classic dud is the ADV dub and is present on Collector's edition. (Standard edition is netflix only dub all theanime have done this with other releases jcmoorehead gave me the heads up on this as it was also done with gundam)

Okay here is the comparison list
https://evangelion.alltheanime.com/#product-comparison

Collector's Edition £124.99
https://www.zavvi.com/blu-ray/neon-genesis-evangelion-zavvi-exclusive-collector-s-edition-blu-ray/13278620.html

Official Dub & Subtitles: Episodes 1-26, Evangelion: Death (True)2 And The End Of Evangelion

Classic Dub & Subtitles: Episodes 1-26, Evangelion: Death (True)2 And The End Of Evangelion

TV Series bonus features: Animatic collection, TV commercials, TV Premiere Promos, Japanese Voice Auditions, Genesis 0:0 IN THE BEGINNING, Image Board Collection, Japanese Blu-ray Box Commercial, Music videos: The Cruel Angel’s Thesis, Genesis 0:0’ THE LIGHT FROM THE DARKNESS.

The End Of Evangelion: Deleted Live Action Scene, Making Of Live Action Scene, Theatrical Teaser, Theatrical Trailer, Tv Spots, Final Scene Alternate Take, Full Song - Musunde Hiraite, Episode:25’ Love Is Destructive. (Partial Animatic), Music Videos: ‘soul’s Refrain’ / Yoko Takahashi, ‘thanatos – If I Can’t Be Yours’ / Loren & Mash, ‘armageddon’ / Shiro Sagisu And ‘memories Of Heaven’ / Megumi Hayashibara. Video Format Version Of The End Of Evangelion.

Standard Edition £59.99
https://www.alltheanime.com/products/neon-genesis-evangelion-standard-edition-blu-ray

TV series: Animatic collection, TV commercials, TV Premiere Promos, Japanese Voice Auditions, Genesis 0:0 IN THE BEGINNING, Image Board Collection, Japanese Blu-ray Box Commercial, Music videos: The Cruel Angel’s Thesis, Genesis 0:0’ THE LIGHT FROM THE DARKNESS

Films: Deleted Live Action Scene, Making of Live Action Scene, Theatrical Teaser, Theatrical Trailer, TV Spots, Final Scene Alternate Take, FULL SONG - MUSUNDE HIRAITE, EPISODE:25' Love is destructive. (PARTIAL ANIMATIC), MUSIC VIDEOS: 'Soul’s Refrain’ / Yoko Takahashi, ‘THANATOS – IF I CAN’T BE YOURS’ / LOREN & MASH, 'ARMAGEDDON' / Shiro SAGISU and ‘Memories of Heaven’ / Megumi Hayashibara

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:02 pm

https://store.hmv.com/Store/Film-TV/Blu-ray/Neon-Genesis-Evangelion-(hmv-Exclusive)

HMV exclusive version. Released: 6th December 2021 £54.99

ON DISC BONUS (SERIES)
Animatic collection, TV commercials, TV Premiere Promos, Japanese Voice Auditions, Genesis 0:0 IN THE BEGINNING, Image Board Collection, Japanese Blu-ray Box Commercial, Music videos: The Cruel Angel’s Thesis, Genesis 0:0’ THE LIGHT FROM THE DARKNESS

ON DISC BONUS (FILM)
Deleted Live Action Scene, Making of Live Action Scene, Theatrical Teaser, Theatrical Trailer, TV Spots, Final Scene Alternate Take, FULL SONG - MUSUNDE HIRAITE, EPISODE:25 'Love is destructive. (PARTIAL ANIMATIC), MUSIC VIDEOS: 'Soul’s Refrain’ / Yoko Takahashi, ‘THANATOS – IF I CAN’T BE YOURS’ / LOREN & MASH, 'ARMAGEDDON' / Shiro SAGISU and ‘Memories of Heaven’ / Megumi Hayashibara

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Thu Sep 02, 2021 1:10 pm

My guess is that the "exclusive" aspect is probably no more than the cardboard slipcase and whatever the "O-card" mentioned on it is.

But anyway, it's £5 cheaper at present than the same Standard set direct from AllTheAnime, and $1.70 cheaper than Amazon UK's starting price for it.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Axx°N N.
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby Axx°N N. » Thu Sep 02, 2021 1:23 pm

View Original PostStuart wrote:It's called the Ultimate collection, yet this HD master has existed for 6 years and English speaking territories get a watered down release with decades old laserdisc artwork and some tatty paperweight and lanyard.

I wouldn't say omitting material that's 98% the same except in split-second moments makes it watered down. The west has never had the actual special features before, and everything worthwhile is porting over save a soundtrack channel. Also, to me the laserdisc art was one of the biggest selling points beside the fact they're including what seems a near-replicant of the giant Japanese BD bonus art booklet; the laserdisc art is the original art from when Eva was first presented on home media, what would be better? The '03 Sadamoto illustrations? Because those are included as art cards. To me this suggests they looked back over all the old home media releases and are being as faithful as possible. I'll take less compressed video quality if it means sacrificing OA episodes, as they seem to have already stretched the limits including the bonus dub, which they (wisely) put on separate discs. Otherwise, this would have been even more expensive.

Excuse the double post, but I just did some comparisons, and maybe this is already known, but the Japanese BD did not have the original OA for 21-24. It had the edits of the Director's Cut versions, meaning the original drawings were not on the BD, the significant redraws were--it's just that certain things were omitted so that it more closely resembles the original cut in content and length. Purists had no real hi-res OA in Japan, so it only makes sense they wouldn't get it in NA. And speaking as a completionist, I don't even see the point of the OA edit versions and would not have cared for their inclusion.

Merged
Après moi le déluge!

GentlemanX
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby GentlemanX » Mon Oct 11, 2021 2:01 pm

Kinda, sorta related since it has to do with All the Anime's license - Death (true)2 and EoE are going to be screened in the UK with the Manga dub. Only dub screenings for now, All the Anime mentions in the comments that the cinemas they're working with want to prioritize a dub screening before the subtitled version which will come later. Not sure why they're going with the Manga dubs versus the Netflix dubs, maybe Netflix okayed the dub be on the home video release but didn't okay it for theatrical screenings? Maybe the Netflix dubs will screen later?

Really hope GKids does a similar release in the US.

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Mon Oct 11, 2021 4:42 pm

Most anime releases in the UK go to art-house cinemas. But this release (so far just one showing - dubbed - in each of 134 cinemas) is going to a chain (Odeon). My local showing is in a screen with about 100 seats (but I don't know what they will lose to social distancing, which is mentioned on the seating plan).
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”